Montreux Volleymasters 2014

• she's still lacking in reception and digs (pretty much like mari during her early years... well almost whole career) i think the best way for her in the meantime is to be a non-receiving oh then china must have a strong receiving opp to cover her in defense

I think they can do that, as they did with Wang Yimei.. except that I don't know who's the OPP that is a good receiver.. I really like Chunlei and I think she did receive sometimes but she is not a receiver so I don't know what their options are

• Zhu can play as an OP but Lang should not use it as a main OP.
    Zhu's right-side spike is better than former Chinese OH but as an OP, it's hard.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I think they can do that, as they did with Wang Yimei.. except that I don't know who's the OPP that is a good receiver.. I really like Chunlei and I think she did receive sometimes but she is not a receiver so I don't know what their options are

Just give a tip:
    Zeng Chun-lei and Yang Fang-xu can be as a receiver (outside hitter).
    However, Hui, Li Jing and Liu Xiao-tong can not be as an opposite hitter due to their weak right-side spike.
    Zhu can do it but not better.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• From what I saw before, Zhu Ting's reception is probably not as bad as Wang Yimei's was (last year wasn't TERRIBLE at least), but her approach when attacking from zone 2 is not good. She can only hit cross on the right side, so I think it's better to develop her reception skills and stick her to OS position. If really needed, Yang Fang-xu was the OP who also received during the youth competitions so they can put her in, but I wouldn't say that Zhu Ting's digging/reception is too bad right now.

• From what I saw before, Zhu Ting's reception is probably not as bad as Wang Yimei's was (last year wasn't TERRIBLE at least), but her approach when attacking from zone 2 is not good. She can only hit cross on the right side, so I think it's better to develop her reception skills and stick her to OS position. If really needed, Yang Fang-xu was the OP who also received during the youth competitions so they can put her in, but I wouldn't say that Zhu Ting's digging/reception is too bad right now.

From what I saw before, Zhu Ting's reception is probably not as bad as Wang Yimei's was (last year wasn't TERRIBLE at least), but her approach when attacking from zone 2 is not good. She can only hit cross on the right side, so I think it's better to develop her reception skills and stick her to OS position. If really needed, Yang Fang-xu was the OP who also received during the youth competitions so they can put her in, but I wouldn't say that Zhu Ting's digging/reception is too bad right now.

According to recent news, she has made some progress in reception.As for the performance, we will know in the coming matches. BTW, i think she has the ability to receive and Lang Ping has been focusing on her improvment in reception.

• At last,
    Yuan Xin-yue replaced Xu Yun-li perhaps due to Xu's injured waist.
    http://www.volleymasters.ch/en…14/teams/details/?id=2375

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Tomen - do you agree with me that Ding Xia is right now the best setter in China? I mean I watched some Liaoning's games and she played terrific. Very calm, fast, creative, but still she doesn't forget about accuracy and tactic. Fastly to wings, awkward, but effective with middle blockers, she reminds me a bit Ana Antonijević with her style of playing. I can't see any comparisons to setters who played in last season in Lang Ping's team, Ding looked to be a lot better than her compatriots. Shen isn't bad, but she isn't playing too fast with her wingers and not effective enough (still efective, but I don't think as good as they can) with middle blockers. In both things, Xia is better and I hope Jenny will give her a chance.

• German team for Montreux:
    S: Mareen Apitz, Kathleen Weiß
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch, Louisa Lippmann
    MB: Christiane Fürst , Stefanie Karg, Wiebke Silge
    OH: Maren Brinker, Heike Beier, Jennifer Geerties, Laura Weihenmaier
    Libero: Lenka Dürr

Silge, Lippmann and Weihenmaier will make their NT debut.

• Guidetti wants to reach semifinal with German team and he says they had the best first week of training of the last 5 years. I hope it's not a bad sign, usually German team sucks in the beginning of summer and continually improves and then is in great shape in the most important competitions :D

EDIT: Ball$ gets censored but "sucks" not?? :aww:

• About the Brazilian team, we still don't know which girls flew to Montreux. I have seen pics of these girls in the airports: Dani Lins, Fabíola (setters), Natália, Gabi, Jaqueline (OHs), Tandara, Monique (OPPs), Angélica, Nati Martins, Adenízia (MBs). I don't know about the rest of the team, buy maybe all 15 girls traveled...
    Can there be changes on the roster between one match and the next one?!

• Germany are starting with a tough match against USA tomorrow. Before this tournament, American girls already played 2 friendly match and it doesn't matter if the Germany win or not, just the fact that they're better shape/level at the moment. I honestly wonder how the German girls would react to them.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Matthias do you know, why is Lisa Izquierdo not on the roster ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"