Montreux Volleymasters 2014

• Very interesting game.
    Chinese tried to achieve quick attacks but after a difficult beginning Russian block went better and better.
    Marichev, as usual, quiet and precise. Scherban, Malykh, Pankova and both MBs : smiling future for Russia :wavy:

• After a slow start Russian girls are playing some pretty volleyball now. So nice to see! Malykh :rose: Yana Scherban is very good today.
    I really like the way Marichev talks th=o the girls during time-out - no unnecessary emotions, only needed details, only positive attitude. And even if he has to say something unpleasant he does it very politly.Like in 1st set to Zaryazhko: "Ira, if I'll see your hands waving in the air one more time, you'll continue watching the game from the bench. Please, don't get offended, but I need firm hands" :D

• Those sounds of the Chinese players....horrible :wall: If they intend to distract the opponent with it, it would definitely work on me...

I still remember when I watched Shlyakhovaya exactly one year ago in Montreux for the first time, comparing her now is just amazing, she has become such a great player under Marichev's guidance :super:

• Those sounds of the Chinese players....horrible :wall: If they intend to distract the opponent with it, it would definitely work on me...

Agree on that! I think it has to be annoying for everybody, regardless of which side you support. Just shut them up!

I still remember when I watched Shlyakhovaya exactly one year ago in Montreux for the first time, comparing her now is just amazing, she has become such a great player under Marichev's guidance :super:

I agree. She has made such a big progress. . I think she can be one of those dominant MB as Thaisa or Foluke

• Malykh was amazing, but what a boring match...

• Russians commited too many errors looking into livescore :whistle: anyway good match by Malykh, Shlyakhovaya or Kutyukova ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Montreux Volley Masters
    Venue: Montreux, Switzerland
    Dates: 27 May - 1June 2014

Replay Matches:
    27.05.2014 (DAY 1)

Tuesday, 27.05.2014, 16:20 CEST
    Montreux Volley Masters
    Brazil - Switzerland 3-0 (25-13, 25-20, 25-13)
    Duration: 01:33:07 hours
    LINK:
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/vi…l-switzerland/189091.html
    ...........................................................................................

Tuesday, 27.05.2014, 18:30 CEST
    Montreux Volley Masters
    USA - Germany 3-1 (22-25, 25-20, 25-23, 25-21)
    Duration: 02:16:01 hours
    LINK:
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/video/usa-germany/189093.html
    ................................................................................

Tuesday, 27.05.2014, 21:00 CEST
    Montreux Volley Masters
    China - Russia 3-2 (25-22, 23-25, 16-25, 25-18, 15-9)
    Duration: 02:33:21 hours
    LINK:
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/video/china-russia/189094.html
    ................................................................................

• Zhu Ting is not confident on her reception at the middle of the game, and her attack is also influenced maybe because the setter is a new player. I hope the team can practice more and show more combinations with the new setter. Anyway Hui Ruoqi is more mature now. :heart:

• Swiss coach looks hot

he's funny… he's not my type (too thin) but i was watching on laola the WCh qual matches, and he's going on and on in german to the girls, then the next time out, he talks to one girl only in french! i thought it was so funny.

about tv announcers: i was watching on YT some video of brazil match in GP, and the brazilian announcers can be very stupid too. he was talking about miyashiro, and he said something like "US has tradition of liberos from hawaii, like liane and eric sato." well, they are apparently from california. just because they are asian-american, doesn't mean they are from hawaii.

• Agree on that! I think it has to be annoying for everybody, regardless of which side you support. Just shut them up!

I actually turned the match off, cos I couldn't stand their screaming :tzz:

• All replays should be available on Laola. I rewatched GER/CHN and it said available in all countries except Switzerland...lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes indeed, it wasn't available. That's probably the first time ever Laola told me that i cannot watch something due to tv rights :lol: . At least, one of the streams from sportlemon had decent quality.

• After a slow start Russian girls are playing some pretty volleyball now. So nice to see! Malykh :rose: Yana Scherban is very good today.
    I really like the way Marichev talks th=o the girls during time-out - no unnecessary emotions, only needed details, only positive attitude. And even if he has to say something unpleasant he does it very politly.Like in 1st set to Zaryazhko: "Ira, if I'll see your hands waving in the air one more time, you'll continue watching the game from the bench. Please, don't get offended, but I need firm hands" :D

did he really say those words ?

• I actually turned the match off, cos I couldn't stand their screaming :tzz:

Just besides my nationality,
    if the screaming is from the substitute, the referee can give Team China yellow or red card.
    if the screaming is from the audience, they can be shut up and even let them go out.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan