Montreux Volleymasters 2014

• The poor team has beaten dominic 3-0 8)

Dom Rep should be ashamed !!!

I can't imagine this players in Japan's WCH-roster...

• Dom Rep should be ashamed !!!

I can't imagine this players in Japan's WCH-roster...

You know they r dominic its normal for them losing against this japan team and winning against germany or turkey in important tournaments :D But you r right i dont expect to see anyone in japan NT also from this roster :thumbup:

• Nope, I don't think we will see these players in WCH. Saori Kimura and Japan's 1st team will be back soon I guess...

About German team : I miles prefer Mareen Apitz as starter than Kathleen Weiss :super: Apitz played whole season in Dresden whileas Weiss almost spent her season on bench in Bergamo.

• Nope, I don't think we will see these players in WCH. Saori Kimura and Japan's 1st team will be back soon I guess...

Me too. I think current roster will play Yeltsin Cup as well.. :rolleyes:

About German team : I miles prefer Mareen Apitz as starter than Kathleen Weiss :super: Apitz played whole season in Dresden whileas Weiss almost spent her season on bench in Bergamo.

Generally agree about setter position but weiss is always more creative in crucial moments while apitz gets easily confused :roll:

• Generally agree about setter position but weiss is always more creative in crucial moments while apitz gets easily confused :roll:

Apitz easily gets confused? :D How can you see that? All setters have a little tendency to get confused when games get tight, not only Apitz. Plus, such a blocker like Weiss who's 1,70 tall, the opponents will have more chances on that position. I have seen a load of matches that Furst or Ssuschke tried to cover Weiss in block but mostly failed...

Weiss is a good setter but I personally prefer Apitz if Hanke is not there.

• Yup. She's no longer able to help the team. She was completely needed 4 years ago because Russia had no receivers but now? They have Pasynkova who lead the team last year, Kutiukova who just showed up her talents and younger OHs like Scherban, Bavikina who may take part of reception. They may be a bit unstable sometimes but Russia can't always rely on old players.

She probably wants to play starter and won't accept being a bench player, so it's going to be disaster for youngsters if Sokolova really ever comes back.

Kyutukova is 25 Pasinkova 27 Shcherban 24 .... Of the three for me Kyutukova is good ... in defense and attack is a class above the rest ... It is a pity that it is not taken it in yet earlier national but she and Kosheleva and Obmochaeva will be the weapon of the Russian team for the World.... Bavikina still needs to be improved....

• Apitz easily gets confused? :D How can you see that? All setters have a little tendency to get confused when games get tight, not only Apitz. Plus, such a blocker like Weiss who's 1,70 tall, the opponents will have more chances on that position. I have seen a load of matches that Furst or Ssuschke tried to cover Weiss in block but mostly failed...

Weiss is a good setter but I personally prefer Apitz if Hanke is not there.

Thing is Weiss always had a great connection with her players.. Last year Guidetti tried Hanke and she was not bad, but when things got tight he put Weiss in and she did great.. she knows her hitter really well.. Lets see how it will go with Apitz, but Weiss is a great setter IMO

• Good to see new OH in russian team, but i am not that optimistic, they are that that regular, Pasynkova and Chaplina after a goos NT season last year have done a terrible national league, so let's wait, but in this moment i would pick Kosheleva, Kutyukova, Pasynkova and Scherban

PS; There is Pisarenko as well, i see more potencial in her than in Bavykina or Scherban, tough they are doing reallly great and deserve more chances