Turkey NT 2014

• I think this year Barbolini will have two NT one of includes younger players.

My wide roster:

S: Naz Aydemir, Özge Çemberci, Gamze Alikaya, Asuman Karakoyun, Ezgi Dilik

Opp: Neslihan Demir, Polen Uslupehlivan, Ceren Kestirengöz

OH: Gözde Sonsırma, Neriman Özsoy, Güldeniz Önal, Seda Tokatlıoğlu, Gözde Yılmaz, Meliha İsmailoglu, Şeyma Ercan, Ezgi Güç

M: Eda Erdem Dündar, Bahar Toksoy Guidetti, Diclenur Babat, Özgenur Yurtdagülen, Kübra Akman, Aslı Kalaç, Ceylan Arısan, Büşra Cansu

L: Gizem Karadayı, Gizem Örge, Merve Dalbeler, Dilara Bagcı, Buse Kayacan

• If Elif continues at the level she plays now in Fenerbahce, she should be at least in wide roster :teach:

• If Elif continues at the level she plays now in Fenerbahce, she should be at least in wide roster :teach:

I would add Gökcen Denkel to the wider roster as well. Starters should be Eda Erdem and Diclenur Babat (1.06 blocks per set) though.

• as a big Bahar fan I can say Dicle truly deserves to be starter at the moment :)

:drink: It should be a great dissapointment for a young player to wait in bench when you block that well. Bahar is not bad, their performance (considering the statistics) are very similar but don't forget that one of them is playing in a top team like Vakifbank and the other one is in a overally bad performing team Besiktas with a horrible setter.

• I see that I forgot to add Ceyda Aktaş to the wide roster. Selime İlyasoglu can be an option too. She has showed very consistent performances recently , both in challenge cup and league.

• I think we should have two different NT pool seperately for European League and Grand Prix. Then the ones who performed well must be mixed and final WCh roster should be generated among these two group. Based on their league performance, I choose 22 players for each group. First group whom I think should play in GP consist of mainly experienced players whereas second group must consist of U23 NT in order to prepare them for next U23 WCh. Also making young players play as a group will give us a better chance to see if they are capable of takin responsibilities in tough parts of game. In this regard, I believe following players deserve to be in NT this summer:

NT-A

Setters
    AYDEMIR AKYOL NAZ-KARAKOYUN ASUMAN-ONER ELIF-CEMBERCI OZGE
    Opposites
    DEMIR NESLIHAN-TOKATLIOGLU SEDA-USLUPEHLIVAN POLEN
    Outside Hitters
    SONSIRMA GOZDE-KOPRULU ASLI-ONAL PASAOGLU GULDENIZ-ILYASOGLU SELIME-OZSOY NERIMAN -YILMAZ GOZDE
    Middle Blockers
    DENKEL GOKCEN-ERDEM DUNDAR EDA- AVCI ERGUL-TOKSOY BAHAR-DAL GOZDE-CANSU BUSRA
    Liberos
    KARADAYI GIZEM-DALBELER MERVE-CAYIRGAN DERYA

NT-B

Setters
    ALIKAYA GAMZE-AYDINOGULLARI CANSU-AKIN CAGLA
    Opposites
    KESTIRENGOZ CEREN-AKTAS CEYDA
    Outside Hitters
    ISMAILOGLU MELIHA-DAGDELENLER EZGI - ARSLAN EZGI-CETIN CANSU¬-DURUL MELIS-ERCAN SEYMA-HOCAOGLU ECE
    Middle Blockers
    BABAT DICLE NUR-YURTDAGULEN OZGENUR- CAGLAR CEREN-AKMAN KUBRA- ARISAN CEYLAN- KALAC ASLI
    Liberos
    KAYACAN BUSE-ORGE HATICE GIZEM- BAĞCI DİLARA

For Team-A, I excluded Gülden Kayalar and Esra Gümüş since they declare their retirement from NT. However, they had super season and were the most consistent players of Eczacıbaşı. Especially, I think Esra had her best season, especially offensive-wise. I've never seen her playing as OH1 and taking responsibilities at attacking. To me, she is in a better shape than Gözde and deserve to be a starter in NT. I hope Barbolini would manage to convince these two to come back to NT. :S

For setters: Asuman is improving season by season, she is still not ready to be starter but she will the best back-up for Naz in my opinion. Elif and Özge might be invited for wide roster. Cansu Aydınoğulları is a very talented setter and she has international experience with youth and junior NT. Also Gamze has improved a lot for last two years.

Opposites: Neither Seda nor Polen showed conistent performance during this season. That's why both of them should get some chance to prove they are ready to play instead of Neslihan. Both Ceren Kestirengöz and Ceyda Aktaş showed very good performances in their junior/youth level. Thus they should get a chance to be starter for their further development. I don't like Seda as an offensive OH anymore. If she won't be back-up of Neslihan, she is not necessary for the team. I think besides Neriman, Gözde Yılmaz must be raised as OH1. She had very good season with reasonable reception statistics. Also Ceren and Ceyda played as OH in a few match in their club so they might be interesting options for next years. Instead of Güldeniz and Selime, Aslı Köprülü is a better candidate as Gözde's back-up for OH2 position. She is a very underrated player, she always have good seasons but never invited to NT :down: In NT-B, we have more all-around players instead of offensive or defensive ones. Seyma Ercan, Ezgi Dağdelenler and Meliha İsmailoğlu are very balanced and promising OHs. Also Cansu Çetin and Melis Durul might be a good candidates for defensive OH slot in near future.

Middle Blockers: This season most of our MBs showed good performances. Diclenur Babat was a blocking machine. Also Özgenur Yurtdagülen and Gözde Dal had very good statsistics. But still Eda, Bahar and Gökçen seems to be best candidates for Grand Prix roster. I prefer Diclenur and Özgenur to play as starter during European League instead of sitting in bench for GP matches. Ceren Çağlar seems to be an interesting player with good serving skills.

Liberos: Gizem is a stable digger but not a great receiver. Unfortunately, the other names that I mentioned above are digging specialized liberos. The only libero who has better receiving skills than digging is Gülden and she is retired from NT unfortunately :down:

• Thanks a lot for good work Serdar, but I don't agree some parts.
    Existence of Esra and Gulden can make a difference for the NT. Without them both, I don't expect much.
    I agree that Diclenur should be a starter instead of sitting at bench but I think she deserves to play in NT A. The only MB better than her this season is Eda since she is good in both blocking and attacking. Bahar should sit in bench and Gökcen should be the 4th option.
    Seda should not be invited to the NT although I like her. She did not play whole season except few games, she is not a good receiver, bad in defense and her kill rates were rather low. Polen should be Neslihan's sub. I personally prefer Gözde Yilmaz or Neriman Özsoy as sub opposites since both have been playing actively during whole season in their teams.
    I don't want Guldeniz Önal to be in NT A either. She is a bench person, only comes in for serves, does not receive good and bad in attack. Both Asli Köprulu and Selime Ilyasoglu deserve that spot instead of Guldeniz.
    For liberos, Derya Cayirgan should be a joke :whistle: She does not deserve to be even in NT B.

• Why nobody didn't mention Yeliz Basa's name? She is still young (26) and she performs really well in Asian leagues.Even club back-ups like Seda and Polen are in the wide rosters but Yeliz played in starting six but still Barbolini didn't even invite her.She is currently miles better than Seda.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Why nobody didn't mention Yeliz Basa's name? She is still young (26) and she performs really well in Asian leagues.Even club back-ups like Seda and Polen are in the wide rosters but Yeliz played in starting six but still Barbolini didn't even invite her.She is currently miles better than Seda.

Because I forgot! Of course Yeliz Basa deserves opposite sub more than anyone else at the moment. I'm worried that Barbolini does not even know her :wall:

• Because I forgot! Of course Yeliz Basa deserves opposite sub more than anyone else at the moment. I'm worried that Barbolini does not even know her :wall:

Please ! Since it is about Turkish women NT , you must guess there must be some drama :lol:
    It is not Barbolini's decision. It is because federation doesn't like her manager and don't want her in NT.

• Please ! Since it is about Turkish women NT , you must guess there must be some drama :lol:
    It is not Barbolini's decision. It is because federation doesn't like her manager and don't want her in NT.

What's up with her manager? I tought her husband is her manager and he is just a popular dentist in Istanbul.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Thanks a lot for good work Serdar, but I don't agree some parts.
    Existence of Esra and Gulden can make a difference for the NT. Without them both, I don't expect much.
    I agree that Diclenur should be a starter instead of sitting at bench but I think she deserves to play in NT A. The only MB better than her this season is Eda since she is good in both blocking and attacking. Bahar should sit in bench and Gökcen should be the 4th option.
    Seda should not be invited to the NT although I like her. She did not play whole season except few games, she is not a good receiver, bad in defense and her kill rates were rather low. Polen should be Neslihan's sub. I personally prefer Gözde Yilmaz or Neriman Özsoy as sub opposites since both have been playing actively during whole season in their teams.
    I don't want Guldeniz Önal to be in NT A either. She is a bench person, only comes in for serves, does not receive good and bad in attack. Both Asli Köprulu and Selime Ilyasoglu deserve that spot instead of Guldeniz.
    For liberos, Derya Cayirgan should be a joke :whistle: She does not deserve to be even in NT B.

About Dicle, I still have concerns. Playing a very good season in a rather weak club doesn't mean she will show the same in NT level. Remember last year's best blocker in the league: Aslı Kalaç. She was considered a great prospect last year in Yeşilyurt. However, this season she showed nothing special in GS. It is not a good idea to pick a girl for NT starter position by considering only her one good season. Also playing in a weak club and in a competitive club matters a lot. Some players only shows good performance when they don't have any other good players around them. All in all, I believe there is still time for Dicle in order to prove that she is capable of playing as starter in NT-A.

I agree to you about Derya Çayırgan. I shouldn't add her. Yet, I couldn't think 3rd libero when we exclude youngsters. Who do you suggest? Funda Bilgi or Cihan Ceren(1991) who is having a very good season.

About Yeliz Başa, of course she might deserve a chance in NT one more time. However, I don't have too much expectations on her. Playing very scorer in Japan and Korean leagues is no big deal. When she has played in European League with NT, she wasn't close to her scoring performance in Asia :rolleyes: If we exclude Seda, other options would be Meryem Boz and Seray Altay. I don't think Seda is worse than these two. Don't forget that she has international experience with NT which is also important.

• TURQUIA NT: SETTER: naz aydemir, Karakoyun Asuman, ozge çemberci, gamze alikaya, ezgi dilik, cagla akin.
    oposto: Demir Neslihan, uluspehlivan polen, yeliz basa (em frente ou asa-atacante), pelin aroguz, dilara bilge
    asa-atacante: . gozde sonsirma, Neriman Özsoy, gozde Yilmaz, meliha ismaioglu, ezgi dagdelenler, ceyda Aktas, seyma ercan, Mislina kilic, ece Hocaoglu, damla Cakiroglu, Melis Duru, ceren kestirengoz, cansu çetin , ezgi arslan
    MB: eda erdem, ceylan arisan, gokcen Denkel, Dicle babat, ozge yurtdagulen, akman kubra, asli Kalac, busra cansu, Bahar Toksoy, hande Baladin, aybuke ozdemir.
    libero: gizem karaday, gizem orge, Buse Kayacan, Bagci dilara, ceren cihan, Sarıoğlu AYLIN .Seda has a horrible reception. attack and defense too. guldeniz not have good reception and a terrible attack. we need to invest in other players. yeliz basa need to get a chance. hande , pelin , aybuke , mislina play in junior team

• About Dicle, I still have concerns. Playing a very good season in a rather weak club doesn't mean she will show the same in NT level. Remember last year's best blocker in the league: Aslı Kalaç. She was considered a great prospect last year in Yeşilyurt. However, this season she showed nothing special in GS. It is not a good idea to pick a girl for NT starter position by considering only her one good season. Also playing in a weak club and in a competitive club matters a lot. Some players only shows good performance when they don't have any other good players around them. All in all, I believe there is still time for Dicle in order to prove that she is capable of playing as starter in NT-A.

I agree to you about Derya Çayırgan. I shouldn't add her. Yet, I couldn't think 3rd libero when we exclude youngsters. Who do you suggest? Funda Bilgi or Cihan Ceren(1991) who is having a very good season.

About Yeliz Başa, of course she might deserve a chance in NT one more time. However, I don't have too much expectations on her. Playing very scorer in Japan and Korean leagues is no big deal. When she has played in European League with NT, she wasn't close to her scoring performance in Asia :rolleyes: If we exclude Seda, other options would be Meryem Boz and Seray Altay. I don't think Seda is worse than these two. Don't forget that she has international experience with NT which is also important.

when yeliz basa played the European league, she still playing for Besiktas :)