USA NT 2014

• This "rookie" roster seems solid, I had the chance to watch most of these girls in action in NCAA. My only question is why Kelsey Robinson isn't included, I found her to be a Larson-like player. Plus both played for Nebraska :lol: :lol:

I want Kelsey too to be part of the team. Very solid player. Too bad she got injured in Puerto Rico and we didn't see her in action. Somebody should get her while she's still cheap. Maybe Kazan can transfer and develop her just like what they did to Larson.

Hodson hasn't even entered college yet, has she?

• Maybe she is still injured. She signed with Mets de Guaynabo, but left the team before the season started because of a injury. I'd love watching her in Italy.

• Well as for the other wing hitters, Reeves was a good reciever/digger and played in the U20 Championship a few years ago but I'm not sure about the others. MB combination will be something I like to see. Ferrari is the zone 2 attacker, but IMO is not particularly excellent in offense or blocking, Olgard is a zone 2 who is a good blocker, and Slay is a zone 2 with an amazing block but non-existent offense. I would expect US to go with Plum as the starting setter with OH1 being Reeves and OH2 possibly being Martin. MBs might be Ferrari and Slay but I personally like Olgard better. As for OP, neither are strong; Webster has a great jump but is very easy to get out of rhythm whereas Munoz is very volatile attacker, sometimes great and sometimes terrible. Wish this would stream earlier :mad:

• Well as for the other wing hitters, Reeves was a good reciever/digger and played in the U20 Championship a few years ago but I'm not sure about the others. MB combination will be something I like to see. Ferrari is the zone 2 attacker, but IMO is not particularly excellent in offense or blocking, Olgard is a zone 2 who is a good blocker, and Slay is a zone 2 with an amazing block but non-existent offense. I would expect US to go with Plum as the starting setter with OH1 being Reeves and OH2 possibly being Martin. MBs might be Ferrari and Slay but I personally like Olgard better. As for OP, neither are strong; Webster has a great jump but is very easy to get out of rhythm whereas Munoz is very volatile attacker, sometimes great and sometimes terrible. Wish this would stream earlier :mad:

This is not correct. Ferrari is a zone 2 (slide) attacker, but she is the quickest and most efficient offensive player of the bunch. Olgard attacks from zone 3 only. She is a better attacker than blocker, but she is very tall and can block well if she has time to get in position. Slay attacks from both Zone 2/Zone 3. She is tall enough that it is often effective, though it does not always look that smooth. She is the best natural blocker of the 3--has a great "nose for the ball." I think Olgard has the best long-term prospects. She has the height and physicality, the team needs middles who attack in front of the setter, and she can most potential to improve her blocking by adapting the National Team schemes. None of the 3 will be as good as Akinradewo or Harmotto IMO.

Hodson has the most potential of all spikers. She is only 17. Her reception still needs work but she is a great attacker. Both setters are good, but they are missing a lot of experience from the older ones, and will have to compete with :super: Carlini :super: their entire careers.

• This is not correct. Ferrari is a zone 2 (slide) attacker, but she is the quickest and most efficient offensive player of the bunch. Olgard attacks from zone 3 only. She is a better attacker than blocker, but she is very tall and can block well if she has time to get in position. Slay attacks from both Zone 2/Zone 3. She is tall enough that it is often effective, though it does not always look that smooth. She is the best natural blocker of the 3--has a great "nose for the ball." I think Olgard has the best long-term prospects. She has the height and physicality, the team needs middles who attack in front of the setter, and she can most potential to improve her blocking by adapting the National Team schemes. None of the 3 will be as good as Akinradewo or Harmotto IMO.

Hodson has the most potential of all spikers. She is only 17. Her reception still needs work but she is a great attacker. Both setters are good, but they are missing a lot of experience from the older ones, and will have to compete with :super: Carlini :super: their entire careers.

For MB's, I believe I said the same thing, maybe I didn't express correctly :lol: :lol: :lol:. Ferrari by far is the most offensive MB of these three but she just did not stand out to me at all, althought I may be guilty of unconsciously comparing her to Akinradewo, Fabiana, etc. :whistle: . Olgard is one of my favorites, but as for Slay I can never see her being an offensive force at the international level of play. I do hope I get proven wrong though and would like to see them become great players. Olgard I would love to see transform into a player the same way Thaisa has for Brazil.

As for OH, I thought I had written I was very unclear on who were the better OH's but I guess it was only the thought? :what: But poor Lauren and Molly, having to compete with a tall AND tactical setter :box: . Do you know why Carlini was not seen at any of the under-age international competitions though? Or at least not the ones in 2013.

• :super: Carlini :super: played the Youth World Championships in Turkey for Team USA. USA only got 9th because it got knocked out by finishing 3rd in First Pool Play (Against silver China team and bronze Serbia team - tough pool!) and the coaches stuck with starters who were too nervous for too long.
    :super: Carlini :super:did not play JWCH last year because Junior World Championships was at the same time as AAU Nationals Club tournament. Some talented players declined NT invite to play with their clubs in nat'l tournament (sounds silly, I know). But :super: Carlini :super:will debut for senior national team this year. Prepare to be amazed.

• :super: Carlini :super: played the Youth World Championships in Turkey for Team USA. USA only got 9th because it got knocked out by finishing 3rd in First Pool Play (Against silver China team and bronze Serbia team - tough pool!) and the coaches stuck with starters who were too nervous for too long.
    :super: Carlini :super:did not play JWCH last year because Junior World Championships was at the same time as AAU Nationals Club tournament. Some talented players declined NT invite to play with their clubs in nat'l tournament (sounds silly, I know). But :super: Carlini :super:will debut for senior national team this year. Prepare to be amazed.

Oh I see. I was wondering why such a talented setter was not present at the Youth World Championship. She will be very good for Team USA in the future, although I think she might wait until after collegiate career to join NT. Not sure if we'll ever see another Logan Tom again :lol:

• IF my eyes didnt deceive me in the video....the girls that played the friendly in SB were: (they change teams during the match..so I didnt separate them by any...)
    2. Kayla Banwarth (L)
    3. Courtney Thompson (S)
    4. Lauren Paulini (MB)
    6. Nicole Davis (L)
    7. Cassidy Lichtman (OH)
    8. Lauren Gibbemeyer (MB)
    9. Kristin Hildebrand (OH)
    12. Kelly Murphy (OP)
    13. Christa Harmotto (MB)
    15. Kim Hill (OH)
    17. Alix Klineman (OH)
    18. Julian Faucette (OP)
    19. Regan Hood (OH)
    20. Jenna Hanglund (S)
    21. Cursty Jackson (MB)
    22. Rachael Adams (MB)
    23. Carli Lloyd (S)
    24. Alaina Bergsma (OP)
    25. Sonya Newcombe (OH)
    26. Kelsey Robinson (OH)
    28. Tori Dixon (MB)
    42. Ebony Nwanebu (OP)

I think Nicole Fawcett, Foluke Akinradewo and Carly Wopat were there too, but I dont know if they played...

• I am really starting to worry about Akinradewo.. It's almost a year since she hasn't been playing .. she did not play in RED Vs. Blue match and is not in the Montreux roster.. Ilgar said she had a shoulder injury and surgery but it should have been recovered till now.. USA really needs her for WCH. Other MB are good but rather inexperienced and for sure can not be compared to her

• Stumbled across this http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…TEAM=USA&TRN=WJ2007&sm=31 while online. Did not know Lichtman played for the Junior NT.

Also reminds me; Ashley Engle, OP/S, where is she, and why is she not playing for the US NT now?

I can't believe it!
    Litchman, Gibbemeyer and Kelly Murphy were in that team.

Peru beat USA 3-0 in that tournament.
    Now those peruvian girls are far, far away of the level of those USA players.

• I am really starting to worry about Akinradewo.. It's almost a year since she hasn't been playing .. she did not play in RED Vs. Blue match and is not in the Montreux roster.. Ilgar said she had a shoulder injury and surgery but it should have been recovered till now.. USA really needs her for WCH. Other MB are good but rather inexperienced and for sure can not be compared to her

Foluke played a little in the red-blue scrimmage today. No details except that she played the first set.

• Foluke played a little in the red-blue scrimmage today. No details except that she played the first set.

Thanks for the info. I guess it could be a good sign on her recovery... hope there will be more info or a video. I think you wondered if Harmotto was injured again, because she did not play in the Montreux final, right?! I saw a pic of her playing so it may be a good sign too :win:

• Foluke played a little in the red-blue scrimmage today. No details except that she played the first set.

Sorry for my English,Thank you...did you see the scrimmage?No details about the game, the players?This year, except for Glass and Thompson who surely will be the setters for Gran Prix and World Championship, there is a interesting confrontation between the setters(I've see in the Montreux masters Hagglund) some here talk about Carlini(I'm curious about her but there isn't clip from this scrimmage), also LLoyd played in Italy.
    Many of the Usa players are gonna play in Italy next year,during Montreux masters Robinson surprised me, I didn't know her...there is a lot of potentiality in your Usa roster. :D