2014 FIFA World Cup

• We europeans are kinda shocked. First Spain got out of the competition, then England next Croatia, Bosnia ed Herzegovina and even Italy... Ouah, what a competition! Portugal and Russia are also in danger and I don't really think they will advance :wavy: (Portugal behind USA and Russia behind Algeria...)

Hopefully Holland and Germany will save Europe's b u t t this time, otherwise it's going to be a nightmare for European football fans. Oh, btw Greece advancing in stead of Ivory Coast has been a big surprise. They were disasters in the previous matches against Colombia and Japan, probably they had some lucks.

Asian teams are much more worse. It would be more fair to reduce the number of cards giving to asian teams...Japan and Iran were too much weak, so was South Korea. Australia would have been better if they weren't on the pool B. Holland, Chile and Spain are WAY TOO strong for such a newbie like AUS.

• We have penalty for Luis suarez :wavy: he's suspended for nine matches and banned for four months from any football-related activity. Fully deserved for this recidivism ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Indeed, Suarez is an unpleasant b*stard :down: Ballotelli and Suarez - I would never want to see them in WC...

• Asian teams are much more worse. It would be more fair to reduce the number of cards giving to asian teams...Japan and Iran were too much weak, so was South Korea. Australia would have been better if they weren't on the pool B. Holland, Chile and Spain are WAY TOO strong for such a newbie like AUS.

so Australia was the best team from Asia ? lol just because they are Australia ?

Iran was terrible in last much but they could be in knockout round in a fair world, but yes nobody cares , smaller teams have to lose and even if they try, there is a referee to make sure about the final result.

• Continuation of circus - Uruguayan federation thinks about boycotting further games after suspension for Suarez :whistle:

• Let's face it, whole Uruguay simply defends its "star". They'll do nothing without Suarez facing potentially stronger teams in next round. Colombia is going to kick this team out, end of dreams. But it was clear as the sun Suarez won't play on this WC anymore. And every kind of words trying to defend him or justify his behaviour are just nonsense :aww: Pity Uruguay will pay for one man's mistake, team didn't deserve that but well it's team sport. It's just unbelievable how Suarez after having miraculous medical treatment eliminated himself from the game. And weakened his own team what's more... I hope he'll learn not to do such things never ever again. Some people laugh that if Cech wears helmet for his own protection then Suarez need to wear a muzzle for everyone's around protection (stupid comparison btw :wacko: ). But if he's so animalistic then donnu if the muzzle would help, he could still scratch or sth...

Shouldn't laugh but here we have, continuation of people's imagination. Have you guys seen this: http://bitemangame.com/ ? Massive :D

Another part of Europe is leaving America... Portugal. Oh and Russia is surprising as well. Feel sorry for Portuguese goalkeeper. Dude were crying after he had to leave the pitch due to injury. All guys from Portugal looked really crushed. Sad view. I was hoping that Ghana will make it to the next round, actually, but in the end USA advanced so sincere congrats.

Belgium still not quite THIS :S Though for Hazard less than 10 minutes on the pitch was enough to introduce himself properly :D But still waiting for the goal from him!

• please, emil, australia would have advanced from another group? really? this is a team that couldn't beat chile or spain? or japan at the last asian cup?

true, australia was a very valiant team, that hung with netherlands almost until the end, but they are not that great that they might have advanced from another group. well, maybe if they faced greece or honduras…

it's true asian teams did not do well this time, unlike 4 yrs ago, when both korea and japan advanced to round of 16. i still remember how japan killed denmark with 2 perfect free kicks into the goal (but then they sucked in the next match against paraguay).

only 2 of 5 african teams advanced so maybe we need to reduce their slots at the world cup. remember, this is all cyclical, teams go up and down. CONCACAF is having a good tourney (3 of 4 advanced) but that's not always the case. and south america had 5 teams advance out of 6, so do you want to give them extra slots (there's only 10 teams in south america, you know).

i'm really sorry for bosnia. the one goal by dzeko against nigeria that was disallowed (even though it was legitimate) made all the difference, they would have qualified if not for that error. (both croatia (vs brazil ) and mexico (vs. cameroon) also had awful errors against them but in the end, it didn't matter).

• Brazil saves match after penalties, Gonzalo Jara was antihero of the game - own goal and missed penalty :whistle:

• that last player of Chile who missed the penalty :aww: :aww: :aww: i think he wont be able to sleep for a while at nights..

I mentioned him, he's Gonzalo Jara - the same guy who scored an own goal, where at first we thought that David Luiz got it ^^

• Colombia with really good game, they can beat Brazil in such shape ^^ Uruguay lost a lot playing without Suarez - they slept throughout this game too long and woke up too late. James Rodriguez becomes another contender for best striker award :D

• i used to support Uruguay, till Suarez's bite, ive given up, they are already eliminated...i will support Colombia then Mexico then Greece...
    later i will tell my opinion on who deserves the cup more...

• What an epic battle between Chile and Brazil :white: Congrats to Brazil :thumbup:

Both teams went "all in" and in the end Brazil deserved the win as, overall, they threatened the goal more often.
    But honestly i cant remember a brazil side with less offensive creativity, Neymar put aside. There is really not much of "jogo bonito" and i wonder if this can be enough to win the tournament.

• Greece doesn't deserve for a cup, as far as I remember they had more luck than skills in last years :whistle: in this World Cup it was the same
    Mexico looked promising, but they'll probably lose it tomorrow versus Netherlands.
    Colombia can make it to semis ^^ next participants there can be Netherlands, Argentina and either France or Germany.

• Greece doesn't deserve for a cup, as far as I remember they had more luck than skills in last years :whistle: in this World Cup it was the same
    Mexico looked promising, but they'll probably lose it tomorrow versus Netherlands.
    Colombia can make it to semis ^^ next participants there can be Netherlands, Argentina and either France or Germany.

i like supporting weak teams :D
    i dont think Argentina is a great team..any team except a few ones like Greece,Kosta Rika etc, can beat them unless Messi makes a miracle ..
    Netherlands and Germany are good teams,candidates for the title.i dont know how far France can go...

• i like supporting weak teams :D
    i dont think Argentina is a great team..any team except a few ones like Greece,Kosta Rika etc, can beat them unless Messi makes a miracle ..
    Netherlands and Germany are good teams,candidates for the title.i dont know how far France can go...

France should beat Nigeria in 1/8th final, later we'll probably have Germany - France what should be exciting battle ^^
    Argnetina can be in semis, they should beat Switzerland, later they'll have as opponent a winner of Belgium - USA.

• France should beat Nigeria in 1/8th final, later we'll probably have Germany - France what should be exciting battle ^^
    Argnetina can be in semis, they should beat Switzerland, later they'll have as opponent a winner of Belgium - USA.

ohh....these opponents are not great ones for Argentina ...lucky path in front of them...however Belgium may make a suprise against them,who knows!

• Cheesus, yesterday I almost became flower-sniffer from below :white: heart-attack and I'm not even close to be born in Brazil! Darn, guys are merciless... First, not the best game from them. Still not awakened in play-off round. And Pinilla almost finished them in a very end of the match luckily hitting the bar only. But it was close, holy sh*t :sos: Julio is my hero, but of course I expect many people to say "it was Chileans who kept hitting straight on goalkeeper!" blah blah... :sleeping: Anyway, I totally felt every emotion toring him. No words needed. (I have to... Willian and his penalty. O.M.G :aww: ) Though Brazilians actually showed nothing yesterday, I still believe in them and donnu, just liked these guys as a team. Kinda feel that people expects from them sth they never can cope. Seriously, talking with people and their attitude is like: Brazil is having trouble with Chile" "They suppose to beating everyone on this WC" "Neymar should score 4 goals per match" and other like this. And I think "chill out". Maybe it's not this yet, I agree, but pushing never helps. And it's not the same team as the one more than 10 years ago. But a new one deserves love, support and respect as well.

Secondly, Colombia simply stole my heart. I feel terrible knowing they're facing Brazil next round :( Just don't think about it now! Rodriguez is mesmerizing :cheesy: :heart: And I just thought few days ago no one can come closer to my heart than Hazard did. Well, James is really close :rolleyes: Who would have known there will be life without Falcao?

BRILLIANT

Poor Mexico. I really counted on them. The Dutch were really lucky in the last minutes of this horror. And the guy from Mexico who got yellow did the dumbest thing he only could... I really believed Ochoa could stop Huntelaar. Didn't happen. Life. Luck. Apparently, fortune favors the better. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true.

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• Greece is finally out :dance4:, they had too much luck, Costa Rican goalkeeper Navas was definitely MVP of the game :super: