2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Quotas:
    3 teams - Italy, Poland
    2 teams - Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Germany, France, Greece
    1 team - Austria, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, Spain, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Montenegro
    +2 Wild Cards

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Macerata
    Piacenza*
    Sir Safety Perugia

AKS Rzeszów
    Jastrzębski Węgiel
    Skra Bełchatów

Zenit Kazan
    Lokomotiv Novosibirsk/Belogorie

Halkbank Ankara
    Fenerbahçe

TV Antwerpen
    VT Roeselare

SCC Berlin
    VfB Friedrichshafen

Tours
    Paris

Ethnikos Alexandropulos
    Olympiakos

Tirol Innsbruck

Tomis Costanta

ACH Ljubljana

Crvena Zvezda

Teruel

MUI Dupnica

České Budějovice

Budvanska Rivijera

+ 2 wild cards

*Piacenza may move to Milan. Not clear situation.

• Quotas:
    3 teams - Italy, Poland
    2 teams - Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Germany, France, Greece
    1 team - Austria, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, Spain, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Montenegro
    +2 Wild Cards

I don't mean to offend any fan of Polish/Italian volleyball but there is clearly something wrong with these quotas.

• Russian teams won the last 3 editions, but even last season Russia had just 2 spots. I don't know. I followed Kondzio's post. Kondzio, please, could you put the new ranking link?

• Russian teams won the last 3 editions, but even last season Russia had just 2 spots. I don't know. I followed Kondzio's post. Kondzio, please, could you put the new ranking link?

There's no need to put it again, Bartek enclosed it in first post, it's 2nd and 3rd page in this e-book published by CEV ^^ ranking of each club is based on club's performances in European Cups in 2011, 2012 and 2013 :teach: maybe other Russian teams did not good enough, it's hard to find reason for only 2 spots for Russia and for Poland or Italy... maybe Russian team will get a Wild Card :whistle:

• If Bulgaria gets a spot, it will be Marek Union-Ivkoni. Hypo Tirol Innsbruck won the Austrian League, perhaps they will be representing Austria. Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice won the Czech League, as far as I know. Probably Tours and Paris Volley will represent France. Belogorie SHOULD participate as a reigning champion, regardless of whether Novosibirsk get the second quota. Russia must have three teams, no matter what.

• CEV doesn't care of what is right or wrong or even logic, same as FIVB and their approach to competitions for the money.

• AUT - Hypo Tirol INNSBRUCK
    AUT - Posojilnica AICH/DOB (Wild card)
    BEL - Knack ROESELARE
    BEL - Precura ANTWERP
    BEL - Noliko MAASEIK (Wild card)
    BUL - Marek Union-Ivkoni DUPNITSA
    CZE - Jihostroj CESKE BUDEJOVICE
    ESP - CAI TERUEL
    FRA - TOURS VB
    FRA - PARIS Volley
    GER - BERLIN Recycling Volleys
    GER - VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN
    GRE - Olympiacos PIRAEUS
    ITA - Cucine Lube TREIA
    ITA - Sir Safety PERUGIA
    ITA - Copra Elior PIACENZA
    MNE - Budvanska Rivijera BUDVA
    POL - PGE Skra BELCHATOW
    POL - Asseco Resovia RZESZOW
    POL - JASTRZEBSKI Wegiel
    ROU - Tomis CONSTANTA
    RUS - Zenit KAZAN
    RUS - Lokomotiv NOVOSIBISRK
    RUS - Belogorie BELGOROD (Wild card)
    SLO - ACH Volley LJUBLJANA
    SUI - Energy Investments LUGANO (Wild card)
    TUR - Halkbank ANKARA
    TUR - Fenerbahce Grundig ISTANBUL

It seems Posojilnica got one of the four wild cards, regardless of their current status. Piacenza is also there, but the situation with the club arouses many questions. Belogorie's invitation was expected. In CEV's main page they claim it's a debut participation for Perugia, but technically speaking, they have had a Champions League place already. I know the difference is perhaps administrative, but I wouldn't call it a tournament debut. Precura Antwerpen is the only "real" newcomer.

• Friend of mine is playing in Austrian Bundesliga and a month ago he said Posojilnica won't play in CL due financial reasons. I also read same in local newspaper few months ago when it wasn't clear will they defend champion title. What changed in 20-25 days I dont know but seems they closed financial construction with CL costs.

Also it's unclear will ACH Ljubljana survive, they have huge financial problems, players didnt get wages for 2014 (if my insider is right, he should be as he played in ACH last season) so I wouldnt be surprised if they give up on CL.

Crvena Zvezda announced they wont play in CL again, Challenge Cup is good competition for them.

• Baskets before draw:
    1) Lube Banca, Sir Safety, Copra Elior, PGE Skra, Asseco Resovia, JW, Zenit Kazan
    2) Lokomotiv Novosibirsk, HalkBank, Fenerbahce, Knack Roeselare, Precura Antwerp, Recycling Volleys, Friedrischafen
    3) Tours VB, Paris Volley, Olympiakos Pireus, Hypo Tirol, Tomis, ACH Volley, CAI Teruel
    4) Marek, Jihostroj, Budvanska Rivijera, Belogorie, Noliko, Posoljnica, Dragons Lugano

• CEV lol Belogorie CL Champion in last pot.

Yes, such is CEV's logic. The pots are based on final standings in national championships. Belogorie failed to win the Russian League, got a wild card and there you go - last pot. Such was the case with Trentino when they couldn't win the scudetto, but won back-to-back Champions League trophies. It is a ridiculous seeding and I wish all the best of luck and well-being to the poor soles in the top pot to draw an "outsider" like Belogorie. I wouldn'y put a Russian team (Loko Novosibirsk) in the second pot either, but who am I to say so? So there's a mathematical chance that we have Zenit, Lokomotiv Novosibirsk and Belogorie in the same pool. Because yes, these geniuses allow this as well.

• Yes, such is CEV's logic. The pots are based on final standings in national championships. Belogorie failed to win the Russian League, got a wild card and there you go - last pot. Such was the case with Trentino when they couldn't win the scudetto, but won back-to-back Champions League trophies. It is a ridiculous seeding and I wish all the best of luck and well-being to the poor soles in the top pot to draw an "outsider" like Belogorie. I wouldn'y put a Russian team (Loko Novosibirsk) in the second pot either, but who am I to say so? So there's a mathematical chance that we have Zenit, Lokomotiv Novosibirsk and Belogorie in the same pool. Because yes, these geniuses allow this as well.

The only logic that I can spot here is that Italy and Poland should have best chances to win the trophy. Typical shallow eurocrap... or maybe CEV has introduced sanctions against Russia? :)

• The only logic that I can spot here is that Italy and Poland should have best chances to win the trophy. Typical shallow eurocrap... or maybe CEV has introduced sanctions against Russia? :)

It is corruption, the main thing holding the sport back.

• Pool's Draw:
    A: Copra Elior Piacenza, Knack Roeselare, Tomis Constanta, Dragons Lugano
    B: Jastrzębski Węgiel, Lokomotiv Novosibirsk, CAI Teruel, Marek Union Dupnitsa
    C: Asseco Resovia Rzeszów, Berlin Recycling Volleys, ACH Volley Ljubljana, Budvanska Rivijera
    D: Zenit Kazan, VFB Friedrichshafen, Olympiakos Pireus, Posoljnica
    E: Cucine Lube Treia, Fenerbahce Grundig Istanbul, Paris Volley, Belogorie
    F: PGE Skra Bełchatów, Precura Volley Antwerp, Hypo Tirol Innsbruck, Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice
    G: Sir Safety Perugia, Halkbank Ankara, Tours VB, Noliko Maaseik

What do you think about it guys?

• E: Cucine Lube Treia, Fenerbahce Grundig Istanbul, Paris Volley, Belogorie

No comment ! :roll: What a group :whistle:

The last champion of CEV Cup Paris Volley, last champion of Challenge Cup Fenerbahce and last champion of CEV Champions League Belgorod in the same group.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"