2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Halkbank wins the first set 25:20. Belgorod plays almost without serve and very sloppy and careless in all other elemets, especially block/defense.

• Better serving and blocking (7 kills) brings the equalizer for Belgorod. But Musersky is almost playing alone. Tethyukin and especially Khtey look really bad today. So there is still a chance for Halkbank.....

• And Halkbank is taking the lead. 26:24 in third set. Exciting match in the end of the set. I wonder what the stats will look like for Belgorods OH. Quite ineffective attacking and reception not much better. And can't they afford a better second setter than Bagrey???

But good overall performance by Halkbank. They are more balanced at the moment than Belgorod......

• wow, Belgorod is wasting 4 set points and looses set and match. 3:1 for Halkbank :thumbup:

• Where is the coach Gennady Shipilin for Belgorie? I haven't seen him on the bench for the last couple games.

I don't remember the last time Shipulin traveled with the team for an away match. Perhaps he only did for the Final 4 last year in Ankara and because he had to, there were medals to be taken :) Boris Kolchin is the one coaching the team when they play for the European Cups away from Russia. I doubt it could be something with Shipulin's health, I guess there are other reasons, but Russian users might be willing to tell us more.

I wasn't that impressed by Halkbank either, to be honest, they relied heavily only on Juantorena and it worked simply because Belogorie were far from convincing. I also questioned Bagrey's value to the team, the way TimHH did earlier. But I hadn't seen him play (at least not that I could remember) so fearfully and with so many inaccuracies. Still, I doubt Halkbank will win in Russia, there is a Golden Set coming and then everything will be possible. Pity, because I really want to see Zenit vs. Belogorie in the next round.

• I don't remember the last time Shipulin traveled with the team for an away match. Perhaps he only did for the Final 4 last year in Ankara and because he had to, there were medals to be taken :) Boris Kolchin is the one coaching the team when they play for the European Cups away from Russia. I doubt it could be something with Shipulin's health, I guess there are other reasons, but Russian users might be willing to tell us more.

I wasn't that impressed by Halkbank either, to be honest, they relied heavily only on Juantorena and it worked simply because Belogorie were far from convincing. I also questioned Bagrey's value to the team, the way TimHH did earlier. But I hadn't seen him play (at least not that I could remember) so fearfully and with so many inaccuracies. Still, I doubt Halkbank will win in Russia, there is a Golden Set coming and then everything will be possible. Pity, because I really want to see Zenit vs. Belogorie in the next round.

Ah thanks, I was worried something was wrong, because I don't think I've seen him in the Russian League recently, but that could have been for their away games like you said.

I agree, Belogorie did not play well at all, and they need to step up their game for the next time they meet.

• Juantorena and Muserskiy competed for most errors on serve yesterday :D

Btw, how is Macerata losing so easily from Skra? :what:

• Sra was better in all elements, Wlazły and Conte with over 70% in terms of spiking. On the other side poor game by Kovar and where was Kurek ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Bitter loss for Friedrichshafen against Rzeszow. They had everything in hands in second and fifth set but failed to convert :white:

But whoever advances, has to massively improve his performance or otherwise he will be crushed by Lokomotiv in next round

• Congrats Skra! Amazing game :whistle: . Macerata without any chance :box: :box: . Conte and Uriarte were amazing today :obey: :obey: . Is Italian users once again all the blame of this defeat drop on Kurek who didn't play even minute today?? Bartek just goes to waste in this club. I wish that he would return to Poland- maybe Skra, or Resovia. Btw. Macerata coach is really weak.
    Also congrats too Resovia. Poor game in 1 i 3 sets but the most important is the finalk result.

• And Halkbank is taking the lead. 26:24 in third set. Exciting match in the end of the set. I wonder what the stats will look like for Belgorods OH. Quite ineffective attacking and reception not much better. And can't they afford a better second setter than Bagrey???

But good overall performance by Halkbank. They are more balanced at the moment than Belgorod......

A good but a bit nervy game that could have gone either way (Belgorod having set balls in sets 3 and 4). Bagrey played with the cohort of Belogorie mid-twenties (Muserskiy, Ilinykh, Biryukov) since their teens so he is assumed to know well what they want. Secondly (and this is very important for his boss), Bagrey is a local boy with strong links in Belgorod.

• It's childish blaming someone for lose or complaining about someone trying to blame. In this season Skra has a team to be in final of champions league and it's not surprise. Their squad is well-balanced, such players on bench like Winiarski or Wrona, it must pay off. Marechal is silent killer on the serve, better than many overrated "killers" who are helpless standing in front of him. Wlazły is world class attacker, Uriarte with Conte are like Masny and Kubiak duo in previous season, plus they know with each other from little child, Kłos is the best blocker of WCH and i saw a proof of it how he first made a big mess in Macerata's receiving. For me he is the best blocker in Polish NT and will be for many, many years, for me he is true golden boy, sleepy prince Nowakowski should learn from him how to play. Lisinac is like machine.

On the other hand, Resovia as always and I was many times repeating - colorless, without balls. They go to other round and will be smashed, no matter by which club. Their style of building squad is irritating, I heard their president want to change something and he was talking with extension of contract only with Drzyzga and Nowakowski. It's a good sign they wanna change all attacking power because it's too weak to win something in CL and Mika will never agree to come back to this club which have never believed in him so they need to find another solution.