Turkish League 2014/15

• probably this was the most tipped derby match lately :lol: Eczacı won the last set clear because Caprara was better tactically. Best game of Neslihan in a while. I don't want to see Sheilla again in league matches. Ceren seemed ok today. She should get a chance first and foreigners would be Vasileva-Rasic-Robin. If it doesn't work, we should play with Costa-Vasileva-Rasiç trio.

Jelena Alajbeg 39 points. Good day for Croatian players I guess.

• probably this was the most tipped derby match lately :lol: Eczacı won the last set clear because Caprara was better tactically. Best game of Neslihan in a while. I don't want to see Sheilla again in league matches. Ceren seemed ok today. She should get a chance first and foreigners would be Vasileva-Rasic-Robin. If it doesn't work, we should play with Costa-Vasileva-Rasiç trio.

Jelena Alajbeg 39 points. Good day for Croatian players I guess.

With real Gozde Rasic-Robin would work great but for now they need Costagrande.. So Bahar/Akman would be ok

• Gözde is really bad not on her best shape anymore.
    Sheilla is a disappointment never seen a game where she scored more than 15 points.
    Vasileva was bad too at the beginning but then was a bit better but not that much.

Guidetti has played with Costagrande in the first match against Ecz Vitra but they lost so he decided for this match Vasileva he had big hopes but she was not even better.
    Only good and really the best player in this team and i hope that she would stay many many years in Vakif is Rasic. I dont know what they would do without her.
    They have tall players who can hit over the block but always fail like Vasileva!

• i was in the hall.it was a good game ....the worsts od the teams were : Sheilla-Larson.....Gözde also far from her good shape..Larson disappoints me remembering her perfromance in Kazan..Neslihan was better in comparison with Volero Zürich match...De La Cruz was not efficent bcz many times she had to struggle against double-triple blocks of Vakıf.. Sheila also looked very inefficient..Vasileva doesnt have a very good technique but she can attack and i like her cross-court spikes they are really good! Rasiç is the best player of the team.. we watched very good spikes from her in this match..Güldeniz was ok..when on the court instead of Gözde..Naz was not as good as againt Cannes..

• Done :rolll:

In case you forgot this one

What happened to Galatasaray this season? They are not playing well according to the results.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• If we consider last seasons , Galatasaray's roster isn't enough for top of the league this year . Centoni injured when she led the team and after she back , she has't been powerful as it was expected . Meijners and Bosetti can't play well every game . Turkish players are already inadequate . We can't use middleblockers in offense and we are really bad at receiving . Also , team's age average is 22 and we got Barbolini :sos:

What happened to Galatasaray this season? They are not playing well according to the results.

• I agree on Efetugberk. Middles are useless except Asli Kalac and now according to voleybolextra, Asli is injured and will be away for a month.
    Don't know who will be the sub for Özgenur-Melis duo. From this two, Özgenur has better blocking skills but bad in attack. Melis is bad in both unfortunately. The last Besiktas game stats show that Gamze set to the middles only 9 times in 5 sets, which means Barbolini told her clearly not to set to the middles at all. He clearly does not trust them. Maybe it's time for Arias to join GsD :whistle:

In my opinion, Bosetti has been doing fine. She is transferred to receive and make good defense. She does both fine, moreover her serve rotation is one of the best rotations. So far she has not been attacking very bad either. Expecting over 15 points per game from her is unrealistic though.
    Besides her good ambitions, Meijners transfer is the worst so far. She is quite unpredictable, has really bad connection with the setter, receives bad and makes too many errors in crucial points. When she is in back row, defense is really horrible.
    Setter Gamze also showed that she incapable for being a starter. Her sets are often roof high. Poor Centoni has to change her approach every time, because one set is roof high, next one is super low. Especially today, most sets were really high, close to the net and right into the block. Gamze is simply pulling down the team's attacking percentage.

Don't know how much they pay to Meijners but if they kept Neriman and Veljkovic, the team could at least win set/sets against top 3 teams.

Btw, Nilufer's setter Gizem Giraygil won't play the season due to her injury and they lost 3-0 against Vakifbank today with a really bad game.
    So I guess GsD will still finish the season 4th.

• I would not assume GsD will place 4th. They have difficult matches ahead. They play at Nilufer and at Idman Ocagi. GsD will not take points from any of the top 3 and lost in first half to Nilufer. Idman Ocagi has very strong foreign players and play well at home. Today they were within 1 point of going to 5 with Fenerbahce. GsD could be in danger of finishing as low as 6th

• I would not assume GsD will place 4th. They have difficult matches ahead. They play at Nilufer and at Idman Ocagi. GsD will not take points from any of the top 3 and lost in first half to Nilufer. Idman Ocagi has very strong foreign players and play well at home. Today they were within 1 point of going to 5 with Fenerbahce. GsD could be in danger of finishing as low as 6th

Nilüfer has problems without Gizem and just Herrera can't lead team for 4th place . İdmanocağı was really good in the first part of league but they can't win big matches . I think Galatasaray will take 4th place easily but if Galatasaray can't consentrate on less important matches like first part , they may be on 5th place but it isn't important either 4th or 5th place .

• I don't think Gamze is the problem. She proved she can set well, and for me she is a very good prospect. There IS a problem this season and i think it's mostly because of the bad reception. We all know she is a creative setter and having to set only the pins might be a problem for her. Also i noticed the pipe is quite bad, whoever hits it so that leaves 3 options for her.. Quality is not the nicest i agree but i think it's mostly due to the limited options she has and that messes her head. I would like to see her in Ecz next season it's time they hire a solid creative setter.

• I don't think Gamze is the problem. She proved she can set well, and for me she is a very good prospect. There IS a problem this season and i think it's mostly because of the bad reception. We all know she is a creative setter and having to set only the pins might be a problem for her. Also i noticed the pipe is quite bad, whoever hits it so that leaves 3 options for her.. Quality is not the nicest i agree but i think it's mostly due to the limited options she has and that messes her head. I would like to see her in Ecz next season it's time they hire a solid creative setter.

I agree parts. I watched the last game, her sets were really inconsistent and it was mainly spikers ability that brought the points, not Gamze's setting (since they were really off). However I agree with with the part that she does not seem to trust her spikers and middles. Now especially considering the middles, it should be a nightmare for her and lots of confusion in her head. Last year, she had 2 solid hitters Montano and Rabadzhieva, moreover Saori did very well with faster sets. Now there is noone in the team that hits well consistently, both Meijners and Centoni have up and downs.
    About the middles, I'm sure Barbolini simply forbid her to set to them. :aww: (Asli being the only exception).

• Galatasaray should transfer a foreign middleblocker i think . We can't use mids . Because of it , opponent teams can easily block other offense options .

• Galatasaray should transfer a foreign middleblocker i think . We can't use mids . Because of it , opponent teams can easily block other offense options .

I wish they transferred Karg in the beginning of the season. Now Arias looks like the best available option.

• Is there or will be an All Star match in turkish league?
    It would bee soooo great to see the whole world class players in one team against turks.

Sheilla Montano Centoni
    Rasic Fürst Poljak
    Bosettis Kim Larson
    Meijners Newcombe Pietersen
    Pena Mambru De la Cruz Rivera
    Wang Bauer Lo Bianco

Neslihan Gözde Polen
    Esra Gözde Güldeniz
    Baha Cansu Eda
    Meliha Dicle Gökcen
    Elif Naz Asumam Nilay Gamze
    And and and and ..

I saw the italian and korean all star match but never seen a turkish one.