Turkish League 2014/15

• Galatasaray now has a big problem with local member, next season they should transfer local quality player. Anyway, this year TL has a lot of quality teams, maybe name of top 4 team will change

• Galatasaray now has a big problem with local member, next season they should transfer local quality player. Anyway, this year TL has a lot of quality teams, maybe name of top 4 team will change

Well I think they did transfer good players, only neither of them is performing as expected except Bosetti.. Gamze is not as good as last season, Centoni is a shadow of what we've seen in Cannes.. can't even speak for Meijners because in Piacenza she was not only terminating balls but she was receiving good, not great, but good enough for an attacking OH.. Asli is the only middle working for them.. Melis and Ozgenur are really bad, I expected much more from Ozgenur, they did too.. So now the best thing would be transferring a foreign MB and playing with Ezgi as OH.. But it's not going to happen.. I am sure if they knew things would turn like this they would've kept Neriman and sign a foreign MB.. I don't know how things would look like in Vakif and Fener next season but they should try and sign Bahar/Kubra or Dicle/Gokcen if Rasic and Robin or Eda and Bauer are staying..

• Well I think they did transfer good players, only neither of them is performing as expected except Bosetti.. Gamze is not as good as last season, Centoni is a shadow of what we've seen in Cannes.. can't even speak for Meijners because in Piacenza she was not only terminating balls but she was receiving good, not great, but good enough for an attacking OH.. Asli is the only middle working for them.. Melis and Ozgenur are really bad, I expected much more from Ozgenur, they did too.. So now the best thing would be transferring a foreign MB and playing with Ezgi as OH.. But it's not going to happen.. I am sure if they knew things would turn like this they would've kept Neriman and sign a foreign MB.. I don't know how things would look like in Vakif and Fener next season but they should try and sign Bahar/Kubra or Dicle/Gokcen if Rasic and Robin or Eda and Bauer are staying..

I think Bosetti has been equally as disappointing as Centoni or Meijners. Centoni is killing the ball ok, Turkish league is more difficult than French league and her setter is not as good in Gala as it was in Cannes. Meijners is also killing the ball well. She cannot be expected to pass well. Turkish league is also more difficult for reception than Italy. Bosetti has been a bit inconsistant in my opinion and seems like she has been negative in her stats more than positive. There are many talented players in Turkish league this year and things are not as easy for Gala as they have been.

Players in the league that are playing the same role as Bosetti are out performing her in my opinion. Even if you exclude players from the top 3 teams you still have Newcombe, Nizetich, and Skowronska who are all outperforming her. I am not saying Bosetti has been bad either, but maybe a little inconsistent and not up to the level of some of the other players but she is still a solid player.

Overall I think Gala is struggling a little because of the quality of the league more than lack of quality from some of its players. Other teams have just made some good transfers as well

• I think Gala's problem is that their Turkish players are not that much better than every other team's in the league's Turkish players. Even if one of the lesser Turkish team's foreigners outperforms a foreigner from one of the top Turkish teams, the match will still not be close because there is huge difference in level between the two rosters.
    That is not the case for Gala, so they really rely on their foreigners to be quite good. I think Gamze was expected to be on that level, but she has not been.

This is where the lack of depth in Turkish players at positions like libero (...and second middle, and setter) makes a big difference. These are not point-scorer positions so teams don't use one of 3 foreigner spots on it, but level of play is really hurt by low quality here. Especially for Gala which transferred two attacker OHs and has a libero that cannot cover them in reception.

• I agree on USAvolleyball at all points. Bosetti is the best transfer of GsD together with Centoni this season. If we compare with last year, Bosetti is transferred to replace Saori and she is doing better than Saori at the moment (not receiving as great but better in attacking). Centoni is a good player but a player like Montano could be more useful for this team. But Meijners is a disaster, she is much much worse than Neriman and Rabadzhieva. She can't either receive or make defense like these two, she is also very inconsistent at attacking.
    Gamze is far below expectations but seriously, look at the attackers in the team. If I were the setter, I would doubt every time I set to someone else than Centoni. Noone attacks well from zone 6, no middles etc. That probably kills her motivation and creativity. We all know what she could do with attackers like Rabadzhieva-Saori-Montano-Veljkovic-Asli.

Finally, I don't expect anything from the team this year, they obviously wanted to make a younger, inexperienced team and it didn't work. Hope they will find a better sponsor next year and we see either a top OH or Boskovic as OPP.

• I think Bosetti has been equally as disappointing as Centoni or Meijners. Centoni is killing the ball ok, Turkish league is more difficult than French league and her setter is not as good in Gala as it was in Cannes. Meijners is also killing the ball well. She cannot be expected to pass well. Turkish league is also more difficult for reception than Italy. Bosetti has been a bit inconsistant in my opinion and seems like she has been negative in her stats more than positive. There are many talented players in Turkish league this year and things are not as easy for Gala as they have been.

Players in the league that are playing the same role as Bosetti are out performing her in my opinion. Even if you exclude players from the top 3 teams you still have Newcombe, Nizetich, and Skowronska who are all outperforming her. I am not saying Bosetti has been bad either, but maybe a little inconsistent and not up to the level of some of the other players but she is still a solid player.

Overall I think Gala is struggling a little because of the quality of the league more than lack of quality from some of its players. Other teams have just made some good transfers as well

I don't agree bout Meijners or Centoni. Nadia is a well known player and I wasn't referring to her matches in French league.. I was talking about CL. Yes Gamze is not near Antonijevic but Nadia hasn't been good for Italy in the WCH too.. You have to admit she is not playing like they expected her to do.. Meijners is a disaster! I was not talking about receiving, nobody said that, I was talking about scoring..Let me be more clear to you..

1. Against Fener on 18.01 she attacked with 26%, made 2 attacking errors, was blocked 2 times, made 2 service errors and was aced 5 times..She scored 12 points 3 of which aces..
    2. Against Besiktas on 25.01 she attacked with 48%, made 4 attacking errors, was blocked 5 times, made 2 service errors and was aced 5 times..She scored 28 points but her W-L is 12
    3. Against Canakkale on 01.02 she attacked with 41%, made 5 attacking errors, made 3 service errors and was aced 5 times. She scored 4 aces and 2 blocks a total of 27 points..
    4. Against Sariyere on 08.02 she attacked with 37%, made 3 attacking errors, was blocked 6 times, made 6 serving mistakes (with NO aces) and was aced 4 times. She scored 4 aces and 2 blocks a total of 22 points, but her W-L is 3!!

This are her last 4 matches.. I didn't write her passing stats because as you said, she isn't there to do that.. I only wrote passing mistakes because those are direct points she gives to the opponent. As you may see attacking a little over 40% against lower ranked team isn't a big deal, however let's say they are not that weak.. BUT her W-L record is really low.. She can't score 22 points but give the opponents 19 points.. That's almost a set :white:

So I don't know what you expect from an attacking OH, but this is not it.. And IMO Catherina is doing a good job. I am not saying there aren't any local players, or cheaper that could to her job, but she is doing what she was paid for and that is defense and passing..

• So I don't know what you expect from an attacking OH, but this is not it.. And IMO Catherina is doing a good job. I am not saying there aren't any local players, or cheaper that could to her job, but she is doing what she was paid for and that is defense and passing..

Unfortunatley no, there are not cheaper, available Turkish players that can replace Caterina. The only ones coming to my mind are Gözde, Guldeniz and Esra and they are well paid and won't leave their teams. Players such as Birgul in Bursa, Melis Durul in Sariyer, Ezgi in GsD are either much worse in attacking or receiving.
    It may sound funny but GsD could replace Meijners with Meryem Boz. I'm sure she would not receive worse.

• I appreciate USAvolleyfan's breakdown of Meijners W-L, I did not realize it was so low, especially with her scoring so many points. However the W-L argument is the same for Bosetti. In 8 of 15 matches in Turkish league she has had a W-L of 0 in 2 matches and negative W-L in 6 matches. Her total W-L for the season is +48. I know that her role is to play defense and pass but I just expected a little bit more from her. In comparison, a player who plays the same role in her team Newcombe from Idman Ocagi the 5th place team is +101 on the season through 15 games and has no negative W-L matches.

• I'm a fan of Meijners but her bad performances in Turkey was sort of expected even before the season. It's not the 1st time seeing players like her, being such strong killers in Italy and then moving to Turkey with some good money and losing motivations and getting used to the distinctive atmosphere, new volleyball, worse setters etc etc. I don't want to blame anybody, but she's not strong enough yet to play in Turkey. I don't know what's up with Centoni, she's supposed to play better. Galatasaray is painful to watch, their local players are awful... why not even trying to get Uslupehilvan or Ismalioglu? They're probably too good to be bench players...same for Onal.

Apparently Robin de Kruijf gave an interview with Son set, does anybody know when the video will be uploaded online?

• I'm a fan of Meijners but her bad performances in Turkey was sort of expected even before the season. It's not the 1st time seeing players like her, being such strong killers in Italy and then moving to Turkey with some good money and losing motivations and getting used to the distinctive atmosphere, new volleyball, worse setters etc etc. I don't want to blame anybody, but she's not strong enough yet to play in Turkey. I don't know what's up with Centoni, she's supposed to play better. Galatasaray is painful to watch, their local players are awful... why not even trying to get Uslupehilvan or Ismalioglu? They're probably too good to be bench players...same for Onal.

Apparently Robin de Kruijf gave an interview with Son set, does anybody know when the video will be uploaded online?

The interview has just been published on Tv . I guess one or two days later , you can find the video on this account who maked this interview .
    https://twitter.com/Boovolley

• The interview has just been published on Tv . I guess one or two days later , you can find the video on this account who maked this interview .
    https://twitter.com/Boovolley

Thanks a lot, man. I've got one question though. Is the woman who broadcasts Son-set an ex-volleyball player? I'm not aware of her, but she seems to be so...tall and knows so much about volleyball, also speaks good english.

• Emil, there are many potentially good players in Turkey including Önal, Ismailoglu, Akman, Uslupehlivan, Gözde Yilmaz etc. I would include Gözde to this list because she was on the bench a lot this season (somewhat due to injuries). The problem is, these players do not really mind sitting at bench entire season if they are well paid. Look at Polen and Ismailoglu, it was so clear that they would never get a chance over Montano, Bosetti, Hildebrand and Kim. GsD is a pretty bad team and however I'm sure their budget is not higher or even lower than most other teams including Idmanocagi, Bursa, Nilufer etc. Good thing is, young players get a chance to play there the entire season.

I hope the mentality of some players will change and they will prefer playing an entire season than sitting at bench.

Here the link of the interview

• Besiktas - Eczacibasi Vitra 0:3

I'm very interesting about Ana Starčević, She was top scorer in match with 16 points and She was amazing in reception and with serve..Someone watched the game ?
    Maja Poljak was top scorer in Vitra with 92% in attack :white: Total 13 points :)....I'm suprised by Mambru, her game is disappoting 23% in attack :huh: ...Besiktas only need better opposite but when you looked team it is good but some player don't show their best game :/

• Besiktas - Eczacibasi Vitra 0:3

I'm very interesting about Ana Starčević, She was top scorer in match with 16 points and She was amazing in reception and with serve..Someone watched the game ?
    Maja Poljak was top scorer in Vitra with 92% in attack :white: Total 13 points :)....I'm suprised by Mambru, her game is disappoting 23% in attack :huh: ...Besiktas only need better opposite but when you looked team it is good but some player don't show their best game :/

Besiktas has been really unlucky. Their initial opposite was Seray Altay who is a decent one, but got injured in preseason. Then Starovic was transferred and turned out to be a mess and now Mambru, the same. Hope Seray will get better soon.

• Besiktas has been really unlucky. Their initial opposite was Seray Altay who is a decent one, but got injured in preseason. Then Starovic was transferred and turned out to be a mess and now Mambru, the same. Hope Seray will get better soon.

I don't think Seray is better than Mambru.. Gina has been performing good so far.. I don't think she has been disappointing