Russia - Суперлига 2014/15

• IMHO, the best 1º line-up for Krasnodar is with Dianskaya and Podskalnaya as MB's; Calderon as Opp, playing at position 4; Kosha at reception, and spiking at 4; and Sokolova or Pasynkova receiving, and spiking at 2.

Garay is the one to be sacrificed, because her reception is as average as Kosha's, but she can't compesate spiking high balls.

I also believe that, right now, Pasynkova is a better receiver then Lyuba, but Sacha needs a lot of playing time to get her best rhythm. The same thought applies to Kosha's passing.

So, if I'm right, it seems to be decision time to Ushakov. He'll need to make this line up start to play as soon as possible, manage the frustrations of Sokolova and Garay, and convince the managers of the team about his option. Otherwise, Krasnodar will not win this year SL, which, considering the depth of their roster vis-a-vis the other teams, will be quite a shame.

• Im surprised that noone mentions it but Fabiola's sets are disaster. It seems so hard for her spikers to guess where the set will be. I don't think any spiker-opp combination will help to Krasnodar unless they find a setter with good set quality. Fabiola should stop exaggarating and trying things and play simple with perfect quality sets. She has the best spikers of the entire league and I'm sure they will attack properly against triple blocks with a good set. :super:

• You don't have to go to the prophet to know that all sport clubs in Russian will be affected badly as pretty much all the population. The situation gets even worse if we consider that vast majority of the club get their money from regional state's budgets so they are very dependent on local authorities. Just now I've read that women's handball champion Dinamo Volgograd is on the edge of bankcruptcy already. This will surely be in volleyball too. Even though right now in Russian league we don't have many expensive foreigneirs I think Russian stars will probably exit their clubs for next season for sure, I'm not certain if this season anything will happen. But if Omichka, for example, already had problems this new situation will make it worse, no doubt. So Russian league can repeat the story of Spanish league. Still I wouldn't be surprised if Krasnodar and Kazan would still manage to have decent teams, others - probably not.

Thank you for your reply! Intresting thoughts. Btw, the user Powsoff posted about this in the Russian Superleague thread for men. He wrote Medvedev forbade teams using federal funds for financing local professional sport teams which reduced the buget of teams like Ural, Iskra who received tax money before the act came into force.

• Maybe its a stupid question, but are both Efimova from Zarechie sisters? ?( :rolleyes:

No, they are not. they are namesakes (I'm not sure if this word suits to people who share the same family name though ?( )

• So Dinamo Kazan didn't win the Russian Cup last year and they didn't win it again this year. Is replacing over half your team between seasons a good strategy and is that strategy choice or forced?

• So Dinamo Kazan didn't win the Russian Cup last year and they didn't win it again this year. Is replacing over half your team between seasons a good strategy and is that strategy choice or forced?

Arguably, the biggest replacement was getting a very different Gamova, which I don't think was anybody's choice. Otherwise, Kazan overall have done OK with their transfers. Notably, they have an attacking MB at last (Yuryeva), although the boobs of Borodakova are still hanging on the Kazan's neck like some kind of evil spell :).

I don't remember how many they replaced but Gamova also didn't have a great game. Give Omsk credit they have been on a role recently, the only team that they've been having trouble with is Dynamo Moscow.

• No Del Core means no OH for Kazan. Yaneva is in very very poor shape, Chaplina is shaky and Nikolaeva is very young. Gamova can't win this alone, especially if she isn't playing tht great either. And since Omichka got Isaeva, they're playing better and better, they have more confidence and I do like Babeshina this season.

• Shcherban needs to be ushered in slowly for match fitness. There were a couple games she started for them and was a disaster. I think Marchenko is doing well, so Shcherban will for now come off the bench.

I missed the last set between Moscow and Krasnodar. I wanted Moscow to win but oh well.