Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2014/15

• In my opinion, Völker certainly isn't the problem in reception.

Ziegler and Weihenmaier are really vulnerable...even Geerties now and then... :win:

I agree, Völker has played a lot better than last season IMO. On the other hand Souza was a really solid receiver back in the days when Buijs was Schwerin's coach, also Geerties this season performed below her standards. Weihenmaier has never been and probably will never be a good receiver, but overall, Koslowski throughout the season never managed to solve the reception problems.

• However it is hard to imagine Axel Büring in any other club than Münster...

Yeah, thats right and I hope he will stay here. But many fans have other thoughts. Mainly those fans that are not so familar to tactics in volleyball...

• In my opinion, Völker certainly isn't the problem in reception.

Ziegler and Weihenmaier are really vulnerable...even Geerties now and then... :win:

Libero is not only reception.
    Ok, I have not watched so many Schwerin matches but if those girls that normally receive good (Geerties, Souzi Ziegler) have problems in this element it may also indicate that the libero is not good enough to help them receiving.

I really hope that Büring stays in Münster and Koslowski in Schwerin ;-)

• the DVV has decided that the final of the national cup will not be hosted by gerry weber in Halle anymore. Details for the new host City are not official yet.
    In my opinion it is bad decision because the final in halle has got the right size (10.000) for spectators in Germany. In others halls will be the Problem to fill the hall with spectators. I think full halls are better then half full halls.

• probably new Locations:
    Hamburg, o2 World (~ 15.000) -> Handball and Ice Hockey => VT Aurbis Hamburg from 1st league Women
    Berlin, o2 World (~ 15.000) -> Basketball and Ice Hockey => BRV from 1st league Men, Köpenick 1st/2nd league Women
    Düsseldorf, ISS Dome (~ 12.000) -> Ice Hockey => no home of Team of the 1st or 2nd league in both gender
    Mannheim, SAP-Arena (~12.500) -> Handball and Ice Hockey => no home of Team of the 1st or 2nd league in both gender
    Cologne, Lanxess Arena ( ~20.000) -> Ice Hockey and some Handball games => no home of Team of the 1st or 2nd league in both gender
    Hannover, TUI Arena (~12.000) -> None => no home of Team of the 1st or 2nd league in both gender

I think that are some kind of Locations but not a full list of halls with more than 10.000 spectators.

• Who knows maybe they will sold out and bigger arena
    Volleyball is more and more popular sport in germamy and volleyball in Germany deserves this :)

• I agree, it looks like DVV suffers from megalomania now just because one time the Cup finals were live on TV and the hall has been sold out for several years :roll:

I don't think it is only about a bigger hall. Halle is located quite in the middle of nowhere with no larger city around. Maybe there is a new title sponsor who wants to have more urban environment? But this is just guessing......

• After being promoted from assistant coach to head coach during the last two seasons because of the original head coaches leaving/being fired, Jonas Kronseder now signed a 2 year contract as head coach of Rote Raben Vilsbiburg. With 27 years he'll surely be the youngest coach of the league, only Felix Koslowski started working as head coach in Suhl at the same age I think...

• Congrats to Stuttgart!!

Schwerin couldnt win any crucial matches after sensational Npvara match!!

congrats to Wiesbaden too...

can we see a Wiesbaden - Stuttgart final ?
    can Wiesbaden win third match against Dresden?

• Nothing is impossible, but Dresden is the clear favourite for the 3rd match at home. It's not sure if Michelle Bartsch can play, she got a thigh muscle injury during warm-up last weekend. Wiesbaden's players are quite optimistic, saying they'll fight with all they have, but it would be a sensation if they could reach the final.

• Dresden - Wiesbaden 3:0 (25:23 25:22 25:17)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2014-15/Women/&2520.pdf
    MVP: Kristina Mikhailenko / Regina Mapeli Burchardt

So the final is Dresden - Stuttgart. Wiesbaden started very well in 1st set and Dresden was very nervous, but as soon as Dresden could get their serves in they were clearly the better team. Mikhailenko with an incredible match, in the last 2 sets she was completely unstoppable. Also Izquierdo played well, Bartsch was on bench in the beginning but in the middle of 2nd set came to replace Marcelle to stabilize the team and she did well. For Wiesbaden I can't understand how Andi Vollmer could tolerate Vilponen on court for so long, she couldn't do anything right :aww:

First final match next Sunday 14.00 CET in Dresden.

• Now it is official, that the Cup-Finals 2016 will be hosted in SAP-Arena, Mannheim. http://volleyball-verband.de/i…nagnfi2rfv9dk3dv6bn0gj1f1

I think, it's the right step forward to develop the Cup Final. It was reaching limits in Halle/W. although I enjoyed every final there. Was a great venue all these years.

• :down: :down: :down: Bad decision. Over the last couple of years he always managed to make the team play better than the individual abilities of the players would have suggested. Münster made the same mistake many years ago and after one season with a different coach asked Büring to come back, I wonder what will happen now...for sure the team's style will look very different.

• Stuttgart still is very uncertain whether they can afford playing in CL next season, and according to a newspaper article from today, it would not be possible to play in CEV Cup instead. The only other option would be to play in Challenge Cup but that is only possible if Potsdam would not use their place there. So apparently it's CL or nothing for Stuttgart :white:

• So apparently it's CL or nothing for Stuttgart :white:

So I won't be surprised if CEV reduces the number of CL participants. I think there aren't a lot of teams which deserve for wild cards. Turkey and Russia have already 3 spots. Italy might get one of the wild cards. I don't think french, polish or azeri 3rd team deserve to play in CL next season.

• So I won't be surprised if CEV reduces the number of CL participants. I think there aren't a lot of teams which deserve for wild cards. Turkey and Russia have already 3 spots. Italy might get one of the wild cards. I don't think french, polish or azeri 3rd team deserve to play in CL next season.

what team is the third in Azeri leagu?