The 2015 CEV CUP

• What an outstanding game from Trentino! Matey was just brilliant - please post more and more videos of his ace serves! Why, tell me oh, why are they not playing in the F4 of the CL?!

A fairly close game but I need to say that the whistle was slightly on the home side (yes, this business with the net/over the net touches.) Dinamo ended up playing without middle attack but displayed some excellent block-defense... and they looked much stronger physically. Kruglov scored an enormous number of points with a decent percentage, Biryukov killed only two attacks into the floor, the rest were very smart tips and block-outs. Grankin could have created a problem similar to the one in the last game vs Zenit with that very adventurous set to Markin (back court into second zone). The total bizarre were all those points scored on Biryukov's serve, i.e. when Biryukov and the opp (Kruglov) were both back court. The real difference was Zaytsev: excellent delivery of water bottles and superb pushing of the ball basket materilalised into a solid win.

The odds are very much for Dinamo now but that said, it's not over yet. If Kruglov plays the home game at the level of Martin Nemec and Nemec on Kruglov's level, respectively, we may see the "golden set". Dinamo, in turn, should rethink the block positioning against Lanza and Nemec as these chaps, ideally, should score less. The ideas behind the setter swap by Trento and not bringing back Berezhko (Dinamo) were unclear to me.

• What an outstanding game from Trentino! Matey was just brilliant - please post more and more videos of his ace serves! Why, tell me oh, why are they not playing in the F4 of the CL?!

You almost killed me! :rolll: :lol:

I didn't watch the match, but if Dinamo Moscow will repeat the result at their home, this would be saying a lot about the level of Superlega... :S

I'm probably right thinking it was almost a miracle Perugia close to take off Belchatow from Champions League... ?(

A fairly close game but I need to say that the whistle was slightly on the home side (yes, this business with the net/over the net touches.) Dinamo ended up playing without middle attack but displayed some excellent block-defense... and they looked much stronger physically. Kruglov scored an enormous number of points with a decent percentage, Biryukov killed only two attacks into the floor, the rest were very smart tips and block-outs. Grankin could have created a problem similar to the one in the last game vs Zenit with that very adventurous set to Markin (back court into second zone). The total bizarre were all those points scored on Biryukov's serve, i.e. when Biryukov and the opp (Kruglov) were both back court. The real difference was Zaytsev: excellent delivery of water bottles and superb pushing of the ball basket materilalised into a solid win.

The odds are very much for Dinamo now but that said, it's not over yet. If Kruglov plays the home game at the level of Martin Nemec and Nemec on Kruglov's level, respectively, we may see the "golden set". Dinamo, in turn, should rethink the block positioning against Lanza and Nemec as these chaps, ideally, should score less. The ideas behind the setter swap by Trento and not bringing back Berezhko (Dinamo) were unclear to me.

Funny Review. Yeah I agree it was a close game and the block defense really helped Dynamo. Dynamo also need more players who can actually serve hard, some of the serves were so easy for Trentino to deal with but then again, it helped set up Dynamo block so I guess it worked. I am not sure why Berezhko was taken out. I am not a fan of Markin, especially when he plays against big time opponents his stats are horrible and it was again today.

I do hope Moscow can pull it out at home.

• Very funny, Powsoft, deadly funny I would say. Are you glad that you played as equals with Trentino after the difference of players and budgets? May be your coach is lame?

• Very funny, Powsoft, deadly funny I would say. Are you glad that you played as equals with Trentino after the difference of players and budgets? May be your coach is lame?

Do you mean that Trentino is an amateur team? Of course, Sole runs an Argentinian restaurant, Kaziyski owns a barber shop and Zygadlo and Nemec are two construction workers from Eastern Europe. They have no budget and play volleyball for fun and by the way pay their own cash to rent the sports hall. I would then tell you that Dinamo Moscow are pretty much the same level: all local guys plus American architecture student. Just look what they wear during the game - cheapish kits worth €15. And "Русь-Ойл" ad has nothing to do with oil, it is charity that aims to save wild owls in Kamchatka.

Money is not everything in volleyball. If your team has to play a game in Kemerovo and another one in Krasnodar, I guess you can't just rent a bus, hence the budget can't be below certain level, to start with. Secondly, show me foreign mega-stars in the Dinamo roster. I guess we both would agree that Trento has at least one :).

• You almost killed me! :rolll: :lol:

I didn't watch the match, but if Dinamo Moscow will repeat the result at their home, this would be saying a lot about the level of Superlega... :S

I'm probably right thinking it was almost a miracle Perugia close to take off Belchatow from Champions League... ?(

Umm, Dinamo looked overall better but Kruglov had a one-off superb game, which he is unlikely to reproduce on Saturday. Both teams have some room for improvement so golden set would not be a miracle. What massively plays for Dinamo is that this is their most important remaining game of the season. They may still win the bronze of the national champ but this is not the achievement your demonstrate to your sponsor. Also, the home refereeing has always some place in sports :).

The real difference was Zaytsev: excellent delivery of water bottles and superb pushing of the ball basket materilalised into a solid win.

/Sorry for the offtopic/
    Powsoff, your posts in this thread crack me up :lol: This gives a whole new meaning to this picture- architecture student and water carrier pose with volleyball players.

But seriously, I"m out of the loop regarding Zaytsev - does he still need time to fully recover or Kruglov simply plays better?

• Agreed, both.

He has been injured a lot this year, so they don't particularly want to rush him and right now they don't need him since Kruglov is playing well.. However, you can't drop Kruglov when he is playing so well right now. He had 26 points at 61% spike. So until his form drops Zaytsev is on the bench.

• Powsoff, when you match player by player Moscow is the stronger team, everyone knows that. Better setter, better Holt, better opposite. Just like Zenit, they didn't use that level optimally. Unfortunately even The Empreror can not serve 8 aces with 1 error in every game /neither Muserskiy, Grozer or Stanley or even Ganev/