Italy - SuperLega Unipol Sai 2014-2015

• So Ter Horst really is getting better then? I remember seeing him in our youth team and he seemed pretty promising back then. Ngapeth also played in that tournament and to be honest ter Horst was not that impressive compared to him back then, but Dutch players seem to mature late in general.

• So Ter Horst really is getting better then? I remember seeing him in our youth team and he seemed pretty promising back then. Ngapeth also played in that tournament and to be honest ter Horst was not that impressive compared to him back then, but Dutch players seem to mature late in general.

The guy grown up constantly during the 3 seasons in Verona. Now, in Piacenza, he barely get a chance to play; and we he does, he plays very well, expecially in terms of spiking. He's the 4th OH in his coach's mind. :down: Papi can't kill a ball aymore or avoid the blockers, but he's still on court, match after match. Against my team, Perugia, Papi scored 1 point after 3 sets and had 7% of perfect passing. On the other side ter Horst came in for the last points of the match and scored twice (2/2, 100%), while his passing was still better than Papi's 20% perfect (ok, it's poor, but still better than his mate, who's supposed to be starter to take care of reception).

I'm praying for him to change club as soon as possible. He deserves to play.

• I have the feeling that Modena will win the league. Not that they have a serious competition anyway. Seems like there will be a two-horse race between them and Treia.
    PS: don't mind raylight, he is just too obsessed with every Bulgarian player out there

• I have the feeling that Modena will win the league.

We will see. From now on there will be the hardest matches against stronger teams. Anyway until now Modena is by far the best in attack, but they need to improve in defence and wall if they want to beat Treia.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I have the feeling that Modena will win the league. Not that they have a serious competition anyway. Seems like there will be a two-horse race between them and Treia.
    PS: don't mind raylight, he is just too obsessed with every Bulgarian player out there

Don't qualify me, you are not intelligent enough to judge me.

• This afternoon big match Treia - Perugia

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Treia is even in a worse shape than the last game. They can't find the court on service and they're struggling with reception. When Baranowicz can't run his middle, Treia is weak like in the first set. Parodi is playing like a world class player. De Cecco is missing again, but Paolucci is doing great. Treia get close jn the end because of Giovi's reception. Kurek made another terrible cameo: 3 m spike out from the back row and a tip in the net.

• Second set to Treia. They took 6 points advantage and keep 'em till the end of the set, when we woke up and got close. Both teams struggling with reception and service. Sabbi and Henno made difference.

• Treia took the third set eventually.The 3 world class players made the difference, for them. Amazing Henno, Parodi and Podrascanin. Baranowicz is playing amaxing as well. On our side Fromm almost alone as scorer. Atanasijevic is a mess. Maruotti and Giovi very bad. Fanuli took Giovi's place thanks God. Barone in doing well. Buti was started in Beretta'place, that did nothing in the first 2 sets... Nemanja Petric, where are you? ;(

• Still nightmare game for Atanasijevic, he even got a one hand block from Kovar on a penalty. Fanuli was starter and did his job perfectly: solid receiver and very good digger. Fromm doing very well. Barone was real pain for Treia when he spiked. Someone got a red card from our bench. :down: Maruotti made huge mistakes in the end, after a very good set. :wall:
    Parodi was the goal for our service, that took him spiking efficiency. Henno , et me spechless. :obey: Sabbi and Kovar up and downs...

The point of our 24-23 was a block-out clearly not touched. I have to be honest. Treia took the set and the game eventually.

We won't win anything with so weak national players as starters. Fanuli, Barone and Paolucci who are back ups are better than our italian starters.

Treia won underperforming. This should scare all the contenders. When Treia plays its best there's no game.

• Macerata needs to put Kurek back in shape if they want to do something outside of Italy. They can win everything here, even with Modena and Peruggia as opponents, but they need solid sideout for the champions league.

• Kurek can't send a single bagher to his setter, he's not the player people believe. Great athlet, nothing more. I heard from some supporters of Treia that they hope the club finds a way to sent him away, 'cause in their opinion the club is just wasting money on him. He showed nothing in 1 year and a half in Italy. And I'm not surprised Poland succeded when they found a coach who took him out of NT. What Treia really needs is a good shaped Kovar, 'cause they can win the games with their world class middles. Parodi and Henno take more responsabilities on reception, but still Jiri has troubles even in comfortable conditions.

• Kurek can't send a single bagher to his setter, he's not the player people believe. Great athlet, nothing more. I heard from some supporters of Treia that they hope the club finds a way to sent him away, 'cause in their opinion the club is just wasting money on him. He showed nothing in 1 year and a half in Italy. And I'm not surprised Poland succeded went they found a coach who took him out of NT. Wha Treia really needs is a good shaped Kovar, 'cause they can win the games with their world class middles. Parodi and Henno take more responsabilities on reception, but still Jiri has troubles.

I didn't see the match, however I don't think Kurek is overatted. He's a formidable spiker, one of the best. I think he should reinvent himself as opposite, even if he has to improve the attack in area 2.

• I didn't see the match, however I don't think Kurek is overatted. He's a formidable spiker, one of the best. I think he should reinvent himself as opposite, even if he has to improve the attack in area 2.

I had the same opinion, but polish users told me here he already tried to play as opposite and it was an epic fail. :whistle:

• I had the same opinion, but polish users told me here he already tried to play as opposite and it was an epic fail. :whistle:

Really? I didn't know it. Probably when he was in Belchatow. Then I don't know what to say, probably the reason of the epic fail is due to his poor performances in area 2 as I wrote before, I find no other explanation... Too bad

• Well, Kurek started career as an OP, but then Lozano cobnverted him to OH :wavy: unfortuantely Kurek's performance dropped significantly and IMHO it would be better for him to consider being back as OP. Here he can be a monster and still helpful for NT :wavy: Kurek is a problem for Lube nowadays and I wonder how he can deal with it...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• What Kurek needs to do, like immediately, is to pack his shit up and go back to Plusliga.

All his problems should date back to 2011/12, when he left Skra to seek for something new for Russia after Skra lost the championship. He spent three years in Russia and Italy, either in injury or on bench, and thus became so wasted. I guess this actually makes sense because both clubs treated him like trash. Kurek was never a super sub. You can not expect him to come in 5 points behind and magically turn round the game, which I admit some other players indeed are able to, but not Kurek.

I feel there's a huge difference between Kurek in Plusliga vs Kurek anywhere else. Back to the time when he was still the star player in Plusliga, he had all the leverages such that Skra actually recruit players and make plans around him. However, when outside the Plusliga, especially in top teams of TOP leagues, he turned out to be simply a normal foreign player that nobody actually cares. Unfortunately Kurek is not that kind of player who can fit in every system. And not every team necessarily follow the system of Poland NT/Skra. Once he sat on the bench, basically he started to lose his leverages day by day. Finally one day he was not that shiny anymore that the national team didn't need to focus on him either.

I guess Kurek is simultaneously a talented player and a stubborn player. We definitely anticipated to see a different him, like a Kurek with decent receiving, or a Kurek with smart spikes, but obviously that is not gonna happen. So I feel now the best thing he could do is to go back to a place that he is welcomed and he can actually play. His recent games are totally not his style in the good old times, and I'm absolutely not willing to see the Kurek with shaky receiving and funky spikes. When he was subbed out I could see his disappointment, hesitation, confusion and unwillingness, but he normally wondered a little bit and accepted it with depression just like he doesn't have enough confidence. I fxxking hate to see this scene.

If only, presumably, after this season Kurek would like to go back to Plusliga, not necessarily Skra (I don't want to lose Conte either lol, although please don't be Resovia), and go back to the court as a starting player, I bet he still have a chance to fight for a position in Rio. Honestly I don't see a big chance for him in NT next year unless Antiga finds himself in some really embarrassing position that he had to try every player, but as long as he still plays, I'll always have faith in him.

• Don't blame the players, blame the coach. If he can't make use of him, why did he take him? Kurek is not wasting his potential, his potential is being wasted. Talk all day for reception but if you can not spike over the block in the sideout, forget about CL winning vs Belgorod or Zenit.

• What a game of Modena Volley against Latina! :white: :white: :white:
    Simply unstoppable!
    Incredible game of Kovacevic, Bruno and Vettori. And Latina is a good team but it was destroyed. :obey: