2015 FIVB U18 World Championship - Lima / Peru - 8/7

• Is that historical moment Egypt d non-African Team during international Tournament? d Chinese Taipei 3-1.

Russia are winning without losing set, Turkey d Brazil 3-0.

• Guess they still didn't manage to setup any livestreams for today?

Does anyone know if china has an own livestream like Thailand and Peru?

Only Thailand and Peru have livestream.

USA vs Argentina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ml71Qk7nc

• seems Morsy and Meawad from Egypt are good attackers

And they really are.
    Meawad, the girl who use a burka, is tall and strong.
    Egypt is a good team in this tournament, setter sets ok, libero is really good at defense (passing is her main problem).

I think Egypt will surprise us a little more.

• Just say about why this Chinese U18 NT with high WSs and low MBs:
    Shen Mang is from Team Jiangsu.
    In the history, from Zhao Jin-cai to Xue Yong-ye (Lu Wei-zhong's teacher),
    who think MBs need speed and sometimes may receive (like retired Lu Yan) and WSs need power and get better spike.
    Therefore, Hui Ruo-qi, Chen Ya-yun and so on become OHs. The S/OP, Jiang Qian-wen was turned into MB.

PS: In 2007, Chen Zhong-he saw that Liu Ya-nan's block was bad due to her "high" age and her "low" height. Liu became OP and Xue Ming, Ma Yun-wen and Xu Yun-li became main MBs.

PS: if in 2013, it was said that Zhu Ting saved U20 and Yuan Xin-yuan saved U18, now Chinese U23, U20 and U18, who wil save them? Liu Yan-han, Wang Yun-lu and Li Ying-ying?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I didn't expect such results from Italy's team although some elements are really talented... How is turkish team?

i didnt watch any match of turkey but i didnt like them on the stats ...you should either play team-play very well or need a scorer leader to do the job for you...seems turkey lacks a scorer leader and team-play not that good either ...

• if im not wrong....turkey will face usa for the next round....i wish we would be facing an european team....usa or asian teams like china and japan are always tough opponents to beat..japan match was crucial....losing japan brought usa as next opponent in front of you...

• if im not wrong....turkey will face usa for the next round....i wish we would be facing an european team....usa or asian teams like china and japan are always tough opponents to beat..japan match was crucial....losing japan brought usa as next opponent in front of you...

I was wondering if Yasemin Özel was injured since she did not start in any of the games and had really good performances earlier with this team. She seemed to play against Japan and played with %52 attacking ratio! Burcu Yuzgenc is dissapointment of the tournament so far. I remember she had been the key attacking player for the team and she didnt have a single good match in this tournament yet. They should have considered playing with her as OH like they did in earlier games. One of the OHs is terrible: Buse Melis Kara. She can't attack, can't receive and dig, don't know why they insist on her.

I'm hopeless about our MBs. Looks like this generation will fail to bring a good MB. Zehra Gunes used to have good stats but in this tournament she failed bad as well. :aww:

• I was wondering if Yasemin Özel was injured since she did not start in any of the games and had really good performances earlier with this team. She seemed to play against Japan and played with %52 attacking ratio! Burcu Yuzgenc is dissapointment of the tournament so far. I remember she had been the key attacking player for the team and she didnt have a single good match in this tournament yet. They should have considered playing with her as OH like they did in earlier games. One of the OHs is terrible: Buse Melis Kara. She can't attack, can't receive and dig, don't know why they insist on her.

I'm hopeless about our MBs. Looks like this generation will fail to bring a good MB. Zehra Gunes used to have good stats but in this tournament she failed bad as well. :aww:

i didnt watch Burcu Yüzgenç but i remember this girl used to be better than this...i think Saliha Şahin(?) seems to be a little better than the others,right ?..as i said i havent watched any of these girls so far therefore i dont have any opinion about them..

btw...turkey will face the second team of poo C or we will see another pool consisting of pool C and D ?

• btw...turkey will face the second team of poo C or we will see another pool consisting of pool C and D ?

There will be 1/8 playoff games. And I don't think Turkey will face USA. If Japan today will loose 0-3 or 1-3 to Italy (and Italy has been crushing everyone in their pool), Turkey will get 2 place and will face Belgium in the 1/8.

• There will be 1/8 playoff games. And I don't think Turkey will face USA. If Japan today will loose 0-3 or 1-3 to Italy (and Italy has been crushing everyone in their pool), Turkey will get 2 place and will face Belgium in the 1/8.

ok..thanks...i prefer belgium to usa.. :D
    so we can expect a tough match btw italy and japan.. :set:

• I saw Argentina-Turkey friendship match played in Argentina, and Turkey was defeated easily due to their own errors. Passing is not their strongest and their attack is very weak.
    I think the setter is good but without any score leader is very difficult to win.

Today starts the last day of preliminary round

Pool B:
    Germany vs Serbia: If Germany wins, will be on the top!
    China for sure will defeat Poland.

Pool C:
    Russia vs Dominican Rep.: DR needs to win, 3-0, no more. If they don't, they are out.
    Belgium vs USA: Belgium is not weak, but USA has a great team-play.