2015 FIVB U18 World Championship - Lima / Peru - 8/7

• Italian setter will have to do a good job if italy would like to win this final bcz American blocks will all the time follow Egonu..these girsl are still very young so a bad night from Egonu (which is possible) can make the job harder for Italy...Italy should have a B plan if needed..btw..we will see if Egonu is already a final player or not (you know pressure etc..) ..

• @Monte...i couldnt watch the matches of this tournament but i agree with you on Li Yinying considering her stats etc..btw...

Zhu Ting had played in Turkey and if im not mistaken she(Zhu) wasnt that impressive in that tournament in Turkey at that age (U18) ,was she?...i remember Yuan as middle was on the bench and China has a short middle and she was starter who was leading her team etc..there was a left-handed opposite ( a faty girl) in that group of china ...i had liked Zhu in that tournament, she was hitting in good angles but as i said she was not that impressive just good..she was jumping really well that had attracted my attention....maybe she was impressive in the other matches but not against Turkey..do i remember wrong?

• Why on the youtube channel the streaming live shows only 9:17 of warming up but not the match that has already started?

EDIT: it works now :wavy:

• Canter - you're right, that Zhu wasn't that impressive in 2011 on U18 WCH, but I was referring to her performance on 2013 U19 WCH where she demolished the field and was MVP and gold medal winner, but that was different age category. In 2011 she wasn't even best player of her team and I think that shows how Yingying is good right now. Yes, China with their super hard work system isn't that good perspective for other countries (and we see how their players are retiring rather early), because their players are entering professional adults volleyball earlier, but still I think we should remember name of this chinese girl because she may soon enter senior NT, maybe after Rio, and chinese NT has potential to dominate with USA female volleyball in next years.

USA started 4/19 in attack, Italy isn't much better, but they're leading first set 22-17.

• Congrats to Italy. They played composed.

USA did not pass well, and then played mental for the rest of the day.

• Happy for these girls! They dominated the entire tournament, I hope for them that their future will be bright. Orro is really really good :super: :cup:

• Congrats Italy!

they were in a different level this tournament... Egonu and Orro are in a level ahead already I think if we compare to the rest of the tournament players...simple as that....they made a huge difference for Italy...but all the italians girls did a very good tournament.

• 1st outside spiker: Egonu
    2nd outside spiker: YingYingLi

1st middle blocker: Kocic
    2nd middle blocker:Gunes

Best libero: QianQIan Zang

Best setter: Orro :heart:

Best opposite: Plummer

MVP: Egonu

• Italy played as a Junior team. Congrats to Italy.
    USA played so bad that nobody could watch their true game.

Egony is awesome. She hit all the balls; high, fast, bad set. No matter what USA tried to stop her, it was impossible.

Well, this tournamente is over, and we saw new young players as raising stars. Italy likes Peru, in 2011 they were junior champions, now they are youth champions. :cup:

• I'm not sure why Hande Baladin is taken to U23 team instead of U18. She is 17 and could lead team in crucial parts. Turkey had good opposite alternatives for U23 team such as Melis Durul and Meliha could play there as well. Girls could bring two medals home, bad choice Ferhat :down:

• I'm not sure why Hande Baladin is taken to U23 team instead of U18. She is 17 and could lead team in crucial parts. Turkey had good opposite alternatives for U23 team such as Melis Durul and Meliha could play there as well. Girls could bring two medals home, bad choice Ferhat :down:

Hande is born 1997 so she isn't eligible for U18 tournament. But even if she was I'd disagree, she is way above that level and can benefit much more in her development from playing with older (and better) players than from being the superstar in her age group.

• Hande is born 1997 so she isn't eligible for U18 tournament. But even if she was I'd disagree, she is way above that level and can benefit much more in her development from playing with older (and better) players than from being the superstar in her age group.

Ah! I was not sure about that since she was born in September, 1997 (17 right now).
    I think Italy did the same with Egonu and she became MVP of this tournament. I guess it could give a lot of self confidence to Hande if she played U18. I'm sure she will become a good player but right now, she is not really that impressive, at least in higher levels.

• Egonu had her share of high level experience with Italy senior NT already this summer which Hande did not, so I still think for her playing U23 is really good. Italy obviously doesn't care about U23 WCH at all, otherwise they had surely taken Egonu, Orro, Malinov etc there...

• Egonu had her share of high level experience with Italy senior NT already this summer which Hande did not, so I still think for her playing U23 is really good. Italy obviously doesn't care about U23 WCH at all, otherwise they had surely taken Egonu, Orro, Malinov etc there...

Does anyone care about U23? It does not make sense to me to hold such a Championship.

At that age, you are already a national team-level player or a solid professional; I don't see the developmental purpose.

• Does anyone care about U23? It does not make sense to me to hold such a Championship.

At that age, you are already a national team-level player or a solid professional; I don't see the developmental purpose.

I agree, but since Turkey hosts the tournament, they're bound to care about it to some extent at least ;)