KOVO 2014/2015 - South Korean League

• Final Results (best of five games)

March 27, 2015

Korea Express Hi-pass (0) vs IBK Altos (0) 0-3 (-17, -18, -22)

Korea Ex: Fawcett (OH) 24, Moon Jeong-won (OP) 8, Jung Dae-young (MB) 6, Hwang Min-kyoung (OH) 4,Jang So-yeon (MB) 1, Lee Hyo-hee (S) 0, Oh Ji-young (L);
    Substitution: Kim Sun-young (OH) 1, Lee Ko-eun (S) 1.

IBK: Hooker (OP) 28, Park Jeong-ah (OH) 17, Kim Hee-jin (MB) 8, Kim Yu-ri (MB) 5, Chae Sun-ha (OH) 2, Kim Sa-nee (S) 1, Nam Ji-youn (L);
    Substitution: Yoon Sae-yan (OH) 1, Lee So-ji (S) 0, Nho Ran (L) 0.

March 29, 2015

Korea Express Hi-pass (0) vs IBK Altos (1) 1-3 (-21, 20, -14, -20)

Korea Ex: Fawcett (OH) 34, Jung So-yeon (MB) 6, Jung Dae-young (MB) 5, Moon Jeong-won (OP) 4, Hwang Min-kyoung (OH) 4, Lee Hyo-hee (S) 3, Oh Ji-young (L);
    Substitution: Ko Ye-lim (OH) 4, Kim Sun-young (OH) 1, Lee Ko-eun (S) 0.

IBK: Hooker (OP) 27, Kim Hee-jin (MB) 20, Park Jeong-ah (OH) 17, Kim Yu-ri (MB) 6, Kim Sa-nee (S) 2, Chae Sun-ha (OH) 1, Nam Ji-youn (L);
    Substitution: Yoo Hee-ok (MB) 1, Lee So-ji (S) 1, No Ran (L) 0, Yoon Sae-yan (OH) 0, Kim Eon-hye (MB) 0.

March 31, 2015
    IBK Altos (2) vs Korea Express Hi-pass (0)

April 02, 2015 (if necessary)
    IBK Altos vs Korea Express Hi-pass

April 04, 2015 (if necessary)
    Korea Express Hi-pass vs IBK Altos

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I watched the match. I was really happy for D. but on the other side really sad for Nicole. The huge gap between IBK Altos and Korea Expressway were the korean players. IBK looked less strong than last 2 seasons to me, but still stronger than the opponents. Number 13 (MB) and 12 (left handed, but very short OP) were the 2 players i liked the most form Korea Expressway. Poor Nicole, scoring like a machine and winning nothing in the last 3 seasons. ;(

IMHO both Nicole and D. should be NT players this summer. I like Murphy, I really do, but these girls looks on another level lately. Not to mention how strong D. was before her pregnancy.

• Hooker seems to be in an amazing shape again :white: Would be interesting to see who will be on Karch's last choice as OPP.

• March 31, 2015

IBK Altos (2) vs Korea Express Hi-pass (0) 3-0 (13, 23, 19)

IBK: Hooker (OP) 26, Park Jeong-ah (OH) 16, Kim Hee-jin (MB) 15, Kim Yu-ri (MB) 5, Kim Sa-nee (S) 2, Chae Sun-ha (OH) 0, Nam Ji-youn (L);
    Subtitution: Lee So-jin (S) 0, Nho Ran (L) 0.

Korea Ex: Fawcett (OH) 21, Moon Jeong-won (OP) 10, Jung Dae-young (MB) 9, Jang So-yeon (MB) 4, Lee Hyo-hee (S) 2, Hwang Min-kyoung (OH) 0, Oh Ji-young (L);
    Substitution: Ko Ye-lim (OH) 1, Lee Ko-eun (S), Ha Jon-eem (MB) 0.

IBK Altos the Champion !

to be me...

• Championship Game between IBK Altos and Korea Ex.(3rd game of Final series)
    http://www.kovo.co.kr/media/32…um=16598&page=1&sch=&scw=

D.Hooker was rewarded (as champion member)
    http://www.kovo.co.kr/media/32…um=16584&page=1&sch=&scw=

2nd game of Final series between Korea Expressway Hi-pass and IBK Altos
    http://www.kovo.co.kr/media/32…um=16583&page=1&sch=&scw=

1st PO game between IBK Altos and Hyundai E&C Hillstate
    http://www.kovo.co.kr/media/32…um=16524&page=2&sch=&scw=

more fotos can be found below....
    http://www.kovo.co.kr/media/32…list.asp?sch=&scw=&page=3

to be me...

• I cannot translate. Anyway, Kim Sa-Nee got the MVP award.

• For the Playoff Finals:
    MVP - Kim Sa Nee (IBK)

-----------------------------------------------

For the Regular League: MVPs (Double MVP) - Nicole Fawcett (Hi-Pass), Lee Hyo-hee (Hi-Pass)
    Best Coach: Lee Jung-chul (IBK)Best Rookie: Lee Jae-young (Heungkuk)Best Dress in the award ceremony :cheesy: : Moon Myoung-hwa (KGC)

Best Team of 7:
    Best Left - Park Jeong-ah (IBK), Polina Rahimova (Hyundai)
    Best Middle Blockers - Kim Hee-jin (IBK), Yang Hyo-jin (Hyundai)
    Best RIght - Nicole Fawcett (Hi-Pass)
    Best Setter - Lee Hyo-hee (Hi-Pass)
    Best Libero - Na Hyun-jung (GS Caltex)

• Thank you! :)

• Right. It's what it seems. Fawcett had a great season. It's a shame passing was falling apart so bad throughout the finals on her side.

I don't think passing was the main problem; in the last 2 of the 3 matches Hipass had even better reception than IBK. It's just that IBK is a wrong match-up for Fawcett really. She's never played well great against Kim Hee Jin's blocking and Nam Jie-youn's defence throughout the season.

In the regular season she's surely the MVP of the league, but in the playoffs she missed far too many easy balls.

• I don't think passing was the main problem; in the last 2 of the 3 matches Hipass had even better reception than IBK. It's just that IBK is a wrong match-up for Fawcett really. She's never played well great against Kim Hee Jin's blocking and Nam Jie-youn's defence throughout the season.

In the regular season she's surely the MVP of the league, but in the playoffs she missed far too many easy balls.

In fact, my point is that passing has gone down at any oportunity to comeback.

On Fawcett, I think she was playing alone in the finals. The team was in bad shape while IBK was great. She couldn't do better than this. :thumbup: