2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Taking Lowe to the world championship seems like a mistake to me.

Drews and Kingdon could've probably done a better job than her in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• i think the Usa can beat the Dutch team keeping this play..they stopped Zhu Ting so they can stop Lonneke too..of course the Dutchies have their own chance to beat the Usa..if Usa had lost that match (tomorrow match) too then it would turn out to be a trauma on them and could haunt them for a long time

i havent watched the Dutch team so far ..i dont have a clear op. on their performance...

• I wasn't convinced about Lang Ping's decision to sub in Li Yingying but she proved me wrong

Me too, she even got a block against Akinradewo! I think Lang Ping took a risk with her, hoping that the pressure would make her come out on top and it worked!

• I enjoyed the match, what a pity the US team couldn't close. They had athe great chance in the fourth, but then in the fifth they melted. I still believe they can beat NED tomorrow!

Congrats to the chinese team, to Li Yingying in particular, she changed the match.

• Thank God Li Yingying didn't let the team down, she killed some crucial balls, and her services really helped China. And kudos to Zhu Ting, when Li was subbed in, she had to take on the reception more and she didn't crack. Yuan was the biggest disappointment in this match, completely useless. I really don't understand why Lang Ping insisted on her.

• Me too, she even got a block against Akinradewo! I think Lang Ping took a risk with her, hoping that the pressure would make her come out on top and it worked!

Me three. Li Yingying plays with her own twist on attacking and serving. Even though she's very well protected by the other players in terms of passing and defensing, she finished her task very well. That's the point of a playing as team!

• she did. but she also got blocked at least 3 times, and is a liability in backrow.

That's still something she's working on. After all this her first time with performing at this level so its expected of her to struggle at times. But when it came down to crunch time, she shined and that's something I'm sure Lang Ping praised her for.

The only way for her to gain experience on these areas is for Lang Ping to put her in. As a coach, in order to allow new players to develop you need to put them on court. Yes, they may have a hard time, but it's something they're going to have to learn first hand. Otherwise they aren't learning anything at all. It's all about knowing WHEN to put them in.

• Thank God Li Yingying didn't let the team down, she killed some crucial balls, and her services really helped China. And kudos to Zhu Ting, when Li was subbed in, she had to take on the reception more and she didn't crack. Yuan was the biggest disappointment in this match, completely useless. I really don't understand why Lang Ping insisted on her.

Lang Ping put too much trust on Yuan, it's not a good thing. She played badly against Italy as well, and she didn't get subbed out. Other Chinese MB at least can score, but she can't.

• Ding could really help her team out if she set a higher ball especially when the pass if off - she is always trying to push that ball as fast as she can to tall outside players, this makes China struggle more than necessary in siding out most of the times. Every one keeps signalling a higher ball but obviously its not the way she likes to play... she has a bit of the manic setting of Bruno from the Brazilian men.. It seem China don't really have a steadier alternative setter though...

USA played solidly when they were in control of the first ball, but once the ball is out of system they had their normal struggles. They were helped by China's slow back court defence at times, but once China started making fewer errors and more touches it became a battle.... Hopefully the Dutch can bring a confident game to make things even more interesting!

• Ding could really help her team out if she set a higher ball especially when the pass if off - she is always trying to push that ball as fast as she can to tall outside players, this makes China struggle more than necessary in siding out most of the times. Every one keeps signalling a higher ball but obviously its not the way she likes to play... she has a bit of the manic setting of Bruno from the Brazilian men.. It seem China don't really have a steadier alternative setter though...

USA played solidly when they were in control of the first ball, but once the ball is out of system they had their normal struggles. They were helped by China's slow back court defence at times, but once China started making fewer errors and more touches it became a battle.... Hopefully the Dutch can bring a confident game to make things even more interesting!

In Rio, China had Wei, a steadier setter. But she retired...

• i think China has been having an offence problem..one or two of Gong,Ying Ying or Changning have to contribute to the offence of the team constantly otherwise we saw that these are strong teams and can manage to stop your best weapon..in that case you have to do an extra job ,that is : serve,block or another player coming out and saving you...i didnt like China's serve (third and fourth set) untill the fifth set.the Usa received well enough and Lloyd run her team fast enough

also,Setter Ding doesnt give the desired high balls to Zhu Ting though Zhu warned her many times..Zhu can spike over the block so Ding should give her those high balls,if not this could exhaust Zhu against good defencive teams like the Usa..

btw,MB Yuan doenst seem visible enough unlike Yan Ni..agree?

• I still don't understand why so little balls were given to the OPPs. Yes Murphy was blocked a couple of times, but Lowe wasn't even given an opportunity to score

Daddy took her so she can just spend some time in court and see Japan more. Anybody expected her to be a big hit or something? Those American players are being so hypocrite by keep saying friendship is so importand etc. etc. and then someone who didn’t played for the last two seasons comes and steals someone’s well earned spot and they don’t even stand for it. This shows how delusional and hypocrite their idea is. They welcome hower they want and they don’t care for the ones who they cannot agree. It is like a cult. Hope Dutch will beat them tomorrow and send them home.