2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• what players will be appearing at the WCh that were not at VNL? it seems to me that mostly all the countries played with their A teams... with a few exceptions.

I know I'm spitting into the wind :white:but for the record:

JPN will add Erica Araki and Miyu Nagaoka (and one can still hope, Haruka Miyashita, although Coach Nakada has said otherwise at this point)

• Serbia will add Ognjenovic.

• i agree, ARG is way over-ranked, and maybe GER as well.

but NORCECA having 7 spots is too ridiculous. that's why there's so many weak teams here. i think MEX, CUB and TTO should be replaced by COL, POL and maybe CRO.

(and of course, one could argue that africa doesn't need 2 spots... but...)

I don't think, that GER is currently over-ranked, they are just 13., i.e. pretty bad, and ended up in VNL as 11., so this reflects correctly their weakness.

• Brazil has made their final additions to their roster, they will add Thaisa, Dani Lins and Fernanda Tome, all three played in the recent Panam Cup where Brazil finished in 4th place. The surprise is the negative to Bruna Honorio.

Now they have a total of 15 players, meaning that only one of the following players won't make the final cut:

Setters: Danielle Lins, Roberta Ratzke

Opp: Tandara Caixeta

Wing spikers: Natália Pereira, Gabriela Guimarães, Amanda Francisco, Drussyla Costa, Rosamaria Montibeller e Fernanda Tomé

Middle Blockers: Thaísa Menezes, Adenízia Silva, Ana Carolina da Silva, Ana Beatriz Corrêa

Líberos: Suelen Pinto, Gabriella Souza

• The reason Argentina is so highly ranked is because FIVB divides the America continent South & North. It makes no sense because in the Pan American Games and Cup they all compete together so why when it comes down to qualifying for the OG and WCH they get divided?....I think it is because back in the day Cuba and Peru were strong teams so America had 4 good teams with Brazil and USA. But if USA had to compete with these 3 there would be a chance they would not qualify for the Olympics. Like for 1992....the continental qualifications were played first and Cuba won the North America ......but USA qualified for the World Cup and as best North America Team...but let`s say if USA had to compete against Brazil and Peru as well there were a chance they would not finished 2nd or 3rd best America Continent team and not qualify for the World Cup and stay out of the Olympics.

FIBA does not divide South & America ....FIVB should do the same ....Peru and Cuba are not good teams anymore...and South America only have 1 good team ( Brazil).

FIVB wants to focus in 2 markets ( China & USA) That`s why they created the "Joke Tournament" for the Olympics that qualified Mexico and Puerto Rico ( which happens to be a US territory) ...and that`s why they are giving more spots to North America in major tournaments.. because that`s what the US is asking for .....and that`s why China and USA will be hosting VNL finals. So they will be getting what they want.

• I guess it all comes from old times. There are 2 confederations: NORCECA and CSV and as such they have their own confederation tournaments and qualifications. The way their are divided is the same way FIFA (soccer) is divided.

CSV has only 2 slots for the World championships and 1 for the olympics.

Norceca has 6 slots for the World championships and 1 for the olympics. This year NORCECA has an additional 7th slot because of USA being the current world champion.

If there was a change and both will be together for the qualifications, I believe the clear winner would be CSV.

• NED will add De Kruijf

• Gamze Alikaya is not in turkish national team !!! and Kübra and Neriman too...

Gamze is getting married and no concentration for volleyball.

TURKEY (17 players)

Eda Erdem Dündar (Fenerbahçe), Beyza Arıcı, Meliha İsmailoğlu, Şebnem Simge Aköz (Eczacıbaşı VitrA), Zehra Güneş, Cansu Özbay, Tuğba Şenoğlu, Ebrar Karakurt, Gizem Örge (VakıfBank), Aslı Kalaç, Hande Baladın, Meryem Boz (Galatasaray) Cansu Aydınoğulları (Çanakkale Belediyespor), Elif Şahin Saliha Şahin (Karayolları), Şeyma Ercan (Türk Hava Yolları), Aylin Sarıoğlu (Nilüfer Belediyespor).

• Yamila Nizetich has been excluded from ARG NT after giving an interview in Argentinian Radio where she apparently complained about NT's way of working in training.

Source (Italian): http://agilvolley.com/igornovara.asp?id=3&idnews=2415

Here is her statement regarding that story, when she was excluded first from NT:

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…w-is-time-to-move-on.html

And we all remember, how bad the performance of Argentine NT was in VNL...

• Lynda Morales and Yarimar Rosa may join again the PUR NT for the tournament. The Head coach José Mieles will try to convince them to be part of the team, although they retired from the NT.

• Tatiana Kosheleva doesn't think, that she will be ready for the World Championships this year; but Russian head coach won't give up until the very last moment. It seems highly unlikely now, that she will play.