2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Yes because sports are all about winning and not competing...:wall:

• http://blog.livedoor.jp/tighte…an/archives/28349175.html

Is this the Final Line up for the Japanese team for World Champs? Koga is there :drink::rose::wavy:

• Let's see if being host may help lifting up the Japanese team performance significantly in the coming WCH. For in the just finished Asian Games the practically same core team had a gloomy outcome, it was beaten three times, first by THA in the prelim group match (25-20, 27-25, 25-20), the second time by CHN in the semifinals (25-22, 25-10, 25-20), then finally at the bronze medal match by the KOR, 25-18, 21-25, 25-15, 27-25. Ended up at #4 in the quadrennial Asian Games and suffered three blows from those strong rivals in Asia were surely a disappointing result for the Japanese squad. Not only the outcomes, the plays themselves there against those strong teams were not bright either.

Btw, the Japanese volleyball team is a very good example of a sport team that is quite actively engaged in the many kinds of competitions but with less winning. If any one really loves about competing but may care less about the results then the Japanese squad fits pretty well his/her adoration, which I myself may share to some limited extent.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• How well a team loses says a lot, and in my experience Japan has been one of the best losers :what: -- one of the reasons I admire them. But they need to remain entertaining! They didn't play well in their losses and they didn't play well in their wins either. The match against KAZ was one of the most uninspiring I saw all summer. I'm not sure home court is going to help them much. They are in the middle of an identity crisis! Probably a coaching thing.

• Japan just released final roster

• Setters: Koyomi Tominaga (Lardini Filottrano), Miya Sato (Hitachi Rivale), Kanami Tashiro (CSM Bucharest)
    • Middle Blockers: Nana Iwasaka (captain, Hisamitsu Springs) Erika Araki (Toyota Auto Body Queenseis), Mai Okumura (JT Marvelous), Haruyo Shimamura (NEC Red Rockets)
    • Outside Hitters: Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu Springs), Yuki Ishii (Hisamitsu Springs), Sarina Koga (NEC Red Rockets), Ai Kurogo (Toray Arrows), Yurie Nabeya (Denso Airybees)
    • Opposite: Miyu Nagaoka (Imoco Volley Conegliano),
    • Liberos: Kotoe Inoue (CSM Bucharest), Mako Kobata (JT Marvelous)

• Setters: Koyomi Tominaga (Lardini Filottrano), Miya Sato (Hitachi Rivale), Kanami Tashiro (CSM Bucharest)
    • Middle Blockers: Nana Iwasaka (captain, Hisamitsu Springs) Erika Araki (Toyota Auto Body Queenseis), Mai Okumura (JT Marvelous), Haruyo Shimamura (NEC Red Rockets)
    • Outside Hitters: Risa Shinnabe (Hisamitsu Springs), Yuki Ishii (Hisamitsu Springs), Sarina Koga (NEC Red Rockets), Ai Kurogo (Toray Arrows), Yurie Nabeya (Denso Airybees)
    • Opposite: Miyu Nagaoka (Imoco Volley Conegliano),
    • Liberos: Kotoe Inoue (CSM Bucharest), Mako Kobata (JT Marvelous)

This cant be the final roster because there are 15 players

• Kanami Tashiro (CSM Bucharest)
    • Kotoe Inoue (CSM Bucharest)

probably won’t take three setters, but the news for me is those two players. They are going to play Handball in Bucharest next season?

There goes my hopes of Kotoe joining the NEC Red Rockets.

• Korean NT for the World Championship

Setter:

5. LEE Hyo-Hee, #. LEE Na-Yeon

Middle Blocker:

11. KIM Su-Ji, 14. YANG Hyo-Jin, 25. PARK Eun-Jin, 2. LEE Ju-Ah

Outside Hitter:

10. KIM Yeon-Koung, 13. PARK Jeong-Ah, 17. LEE Jae-Yeong, #. LEE So-Young, #. Oh Ji-Young (normally play as a libero)

Opposite Hitter:

3. JUNG Ho-Young

Libero:

20. NA Hyun-Jung, #. KIM Hae-Ran

- Player out (from Asian Games) are Setter 19. LEE Da-Yeong (이다영), Outside Hitter 15. KANG So-Hwi (강소휘) and 15. HWANG Min-Kyoung (황민경), and Libero 8. YIM Myung-Ok (임명옥).

- OP Kim Hee-Jin still missing after her injury from VNL.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

• Jebi, did cause damage to the road to the Kansai International Airport just south of Osaka. However, teams can fly to Kobe instead of Osaka (which is a not far away from Osaka). Hokkaido, where Sapporo is just had an earthquake yesterday. The Airport has reopened, but public transportation may still be an immediate issue. Some roads are down, but others are still passable. So, it may take longer to get to where you want to go.

As the tournament is 3 weeks away, it would be almost impossible to shift locations on that short of notice. Let alone find enough hotel rooms.

Having lived in Japan, you feel tremors sometimes small, sometimes bigger.

• Thank you for the update! The images and videos of the destruction Jebi caused was truly heartbreaking. Hope the people and country of Japan can recover from this traumatic experience.

• According to Jamie Morisson it is uncertain wether De Kruijf and Daalderop will make it to Japan. Both are still injured. 'We are working really hard on their recovery, but it is uncertain wether they will make it '.

At the moment there is a 17-roster. Next week there are 3 friendlies in Italy. At 20th September there will be a pressconference with the announcement of the final 14-roster.

If Daalderop will not make it, Nicole Oude Luttikhuis will take her spot. For De Kruijf's substition are two candidates: Polder and Koolhaas.

• Im not sure if Nika will be missed much since both plak and buijs seem to be in a good shape but the absence of Robin will definitely weaken Dutch team

• For De Kruijf's substition are two candidates: Polder and Koolhaas.

Don't you think Morrisson would take both if De Kruijf doesn't make it? Otherwise there would be only 3 MBs.

Looks like Bulgaria will also miss Emiliya Nikolova/Dimitrova/(whatever is her current name) besides Vasileva and Rabadzhieva :what::white: Is she also injured?

• Don't you think Morrisson would take both if De Kruijf doesn't make it? Otherwise there would be only 3 MBs.

Looks like Bulgaria will also miss Emiliya Nikolova/Dimitrova/(whatever is her current name) besides Vasileva and Rabadzhieva :what::white: Is she also injured?

I think he means Robin's spot in starting 6

• I wouldn't be surprised if Conegliano is not letting her to play. She already got injured two times last two season and I don't think they would be happy if She got injured 3 times in row.

• World Championships 2018 - Prediction Game

Join if you want, if someone wants to count points, then it's ok for me, I probably won't have time :(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Don't you think Morrisson would take both if De Kruijf doesn't make it? Otherwise there would be only 3 MBs.

I don't think so that Rabadzhieva is injured. Both her and Emiliya missing according to me because new coach Petkov has directive from federation to gave more chances to young players with the idea they to be sold and their clubs to make money.Clubs can't win anything if imortant players play because they are yet sold and don't have slave contract with them. So they push coach to call only young players with the idea some of them to be sold no matter of the results and placement. Their only goal is to make money. And coach prefers to take in the squad some bad players who are daughters of club's boss instead of good players.