2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• A very meaningful win by the Chinese team over the Turkish one. And what a sweet repay(!) by CHN over all the kindness received from TUR throughout the VNL from prelim to the F6, not to mention the minor one in the Swiss Classic. The ZhuYuanZhang team backs into the action. From TUR team the youngster Karakurt is the most notable, moreover she's still so young. Nonetheless both teams will proceed to the next round, this is simply a match of confidence, a match of prestige. No more and no less.

No they didn't play against each other in Final 6.

• Nonetheless both teams will proceed to the next round, this is simply a match of confidence, a match of prestige. No more and no less.

No. This could be very important because the points earned in this group against the teams that progress are carried over to the next group.

• Actually it was a close match besides of set 1. The number of mistakes made the only difference.

Simge and especially Eda were really bad today. But we can see that Ebrar is on fire and this is due to Lang Pings who didn‘t work on Ebrar and the Chinese girls couldn‘t defend her at all. I really wanted to see more sets no matter with the outcome.

• In addition to the schedule: I just figured out that Italy almost plays every match first in the group : 6:40 CET, I guess) and China plays ALL matches last (12:20 CET), I am used to this that the host gets the latest time spot but this schedule in this group is very unfair.

• Japan is executing. They just need to gather the guts to close a set.

• In addition to the schedule: I just figured out that Italy almost plays every match first in the group : 6:40 CET, I guess) and China plays ALL matches last (12:20 CET), I am used to this that the host gets the latest time spot but this schedule in this group is very unfair.

I guess it has something to do with television broadcasting because 12:20 CET is prime time in China.

• Credit to Russia, they have started to play better and have turned it around. Maybe they just needed more time to adjust to Thailand's style.

Still, Thailand are obviously a good team and this match could go either way.

I don't understand. China isn't the host, Japan is

• Japan lost sets 1 and 3 in overtime. If they can conquer that weakness they will be fine. They are receiving well, digging well, and covering the block. That's Japan. They would have taken set 3 if Nakada hadn't substituted Uchiseto for Kurogo at one point.

• great point from Zaryazhko! 😂

• You got to love Goncharova's best impression of Ariana Grande's No Tears Left To Cry performance. :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney