2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Just finished watching GER-NED (well, 1st and 4th set only...)

German team has definitely improved a lot compared to VNL, especially MB position looks way less pathetic than earlier in the summer. It's a pity that Maren Fromm retires now that I actually start to like her :D

As for NED, Sloetjes was simply incredible, she killed everything in the end of 4th set. However they'll have to do better than that if they want to win a medal.

• Just watched NED v GER. Tragic, very Japanese, the way Germany lost that 4th set after a big lead. Lippmann is a joy to watch, such a graceful attacker. I don't know the word on the street regarding the German setter but she seems like a good floor leader, and it's got to be a big advantage being a left handed setter. She kills balls with authority. She's got a good serve. I wish she would have used #22 more.

NED seemed kind of clumsy.

• FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Japan 2018

Pool C

2 October 2018

13:40 Russia – Azerbaijan

16:10 Trinidad and Tobago – Thailand

19:20 United States – South Korea

- All times are Japan Standard Time (UTC/GMT + 09:00)

- All 3 matches are broadcasted LIVE by *Workpoint Entertainment - Facebook, **WorkpointOfficial - YouTube, ***WORKPOINT TV

*Workpoint Entertainment - Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/workpoint/

**WorkpointOfficial - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/WorkpointOfficial

***WORKPOINTTV | WORKPOINT CREATIVE TV

http://www.workpointtv.com/

Pool C

2 October 2018

Japan Standard Time (UTC/GMT + 09:00)

13:40 Russia – Azerbaijan

Pool C

2 October 2018

16:10 Trinidad and Tobago – Thailand

• Italy is 3/3 now it is time for their the most important matches. I believe that they can beat Turkey and repeat VNL victory over China...

Leta go Italia :drink:

• Italy is 3/3 now it is time for their the most important matches. I believe that they can beat Turkey and repeat VNL victory over China...

Leta go Italia :drink:

Italy looks a lot more solid that Turkey right now, which is really bad against a decent serve. China might be a whole level above everyone in this group, but we might be able to drag them to a tiebreak and get a precious point.

• the 3rd set for Thailand always seems like it's either a gift or a curse for them lol. Seen so many of their games where they either pick up steam or trail behind. Making lots of unforced errors, miscommunications, receiving badly, but looks like they might take this game in 3 since they are catching up already....we'll find out....

Edit: and nope, TTO takes set 3. The errors by Thailand cost them this set and Pimpichaya also sustained an injury. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Pool C

2 October 2018

19:20 United States – South Korea

• Lowe, pretty as always, how I missed her :rose:. I‘m so sorry for Robinson, I guess she won‘t see the OH jersey in the NT anymore in the future, as long as USA has a good libero who plays also in a pro league. And even if this will be possible, it will be difficult to earn back a starting spot besides Hill & Bartsch-Hackley.

• Lowe, pretty as always, how I missed her :rose:. I‘m so sorry for Robinson, I guess she won‘t see the OH jersey in the NT anymore in the future, as long as USA has a good libero who plays also in a pro league. And even if this will be possible, it will be difficult to earn back a starting spot besides Hill & Bartsch-Hackley.

At least Robinson looks pretty happy with her new role and playing really well