2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Goncharova is hitting close to 100% :white:

• Damn! If you are not watching CHNvsITA you are missing an epic match. The quality is finals-material. Booming spikes, impossible digs, long rallies etc.

Yeah. The only problem is that the English commentator still can’t say Chirichella’s name despite watching all matches in Sapporo. “Chricchiella” :rolll:

• Thank God the american block started working.. I still don't see the point in setting super fast low balls, if don't leave your hitters 1 on 1 with the opposing blockers.. I've noticed Fetisova and Zaryazhko don't even pay attention to the MBs, they just stand closer to where they suppose Carli is gonna set, and then make only 1 step, and close the block..

• Definitely one of the best sets of the entire tournament. ITA ties CHN to 1-1. This is the same ITA that beat CHN in VNL. But CHN has something to say. ITA has petty errors but keeps on bouncing back. Both of the teams’ passing and defense patters are insane. Almost fault-less...

• The only problem is that the English commentator

I remember that guy from VNL. He sounds like he's reading a scary story to children.

• 4 points in a row by Danesi, 2 first tempo and 2 block kills

Annina!!!! Amazing, two block in a row on Zhu, for the 22-19. Impressive1 and she also scored an ace in the set.

I was afraid China was going to grab the second set at the end, but we avoided it ^^

Action for 15-14 for China was AMAZING (except for the end, since China won it :P).

Sylla is became another player.

And Egonu isn't playing at her best (but did several very nice things, though)

• Well now CHN passing is shaky. Or ITA is serving heavy floats.

• I remember when some users here said Sylla was not NT material :whistle:

I'm afraid I was among them, at least until the qualification tournament for Rio...

Very glad I was wrong :P

[I actually also said more recently that Sylla wasn't enough to be titular in Conegliano...]

• C’mon CHN. Go back to your champion form. Give us 5 sets of same level and quality of the 1st 2 sets. Don’t care who wins:box:

• USA has found the chink in the Russian armor.. Voronkova can't pass to save her life

Parubets is having more problems than Voronkova in this match imo.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• How many blocks ITA had downed so far in this set?

• If anyone thought Italy couldn’t win this tournament, this match will change your mind.

• ITA services and blockings made them win the 3rd. Syllas passing is on point. And Malinov sets are runaway winners. ITA is beasting...

• Let go Italy finish this !!!! Sylla :box: