2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• This is not confirmed (yet?) by FIVB, their schedule still lists SRB-MEX as 1st match and BRA-GER as 2nd tomorrow.

However, it seems Italy's schedule has indeed changed.

• This is not confirmed (yet?) by FIVB, their schedule still lists SRB-MEX as 1st match and BRA-GER as 2nd tomorrow.

This has Germany v Brazil as 1st match

http://japan2018.fivb.com/en/n…-round-as-womens?id=79337

• Weird, this does not: http://japan2018.fivb.com/en/schedule#/d20181007

And all German sites write that German match will be at 6:25 CET as well...

No, volleypassion.de displays the start announcement for 3:40 CEST.

Edited once, last by StefanS: Correction, they now changed back to 6:25 CEST. Seems like complete confusion... but of course the mighty Brazil federation could easily successfully demand a shift in schedule. ().

• I will go with this schedule

http://japan2018.fivb.com/en/schedule#/d20181007

Also according to the Brazilian volleyball federation the game against Germany is at 6.25 CET.

• i’m thinking final 4 could be ITA, USA, CHN, SRB. is that possible? or is it 2 from each pool?

Top 3 from each pool get divided into 2 more pools, the top 2 from each of those advance to the F4. So yes, this is possible.

• I saw what the Iranian team is wearing but i don't see what's wrong with it.

Now that there's an Iranian women's team competing in Asia, we should focus on what they are wearing and how they dress.!!!

I actually agree with ossubtus ! Sadly women are completely 2nd rank humans in a lot of the Muslim countries in the world and therefore their countries don't give a crap about their women's teams. Turkey is indeed the big exception because culturally and politically the country has not been raised as basically any Muslim country but rather with secular values. F.e. the 'hijab' the Iranian team is wearing was actually banned here in public spaces untill not long ago. It's actually even more sad when you realise a lot of Iranian girls don't even want to wear it but are FORCED to do so... as StefanS also said wearing this is also very dangerous for the players and I think can not be justified esp. when it's forced. You don't see 'anything' wrong with it? I think everything is wrong with forcing people to wear something they are not comfortable with and and it's even a 100% more wrong when that is posing a risk to their health ....

There are more Muslim majorities though that are similar to the Turkish and don't treat women as 2nd class; Bosnians and Albanians definitely. Azerbaijan might not play with their own ppl but the women are definitely not treated as in some Arab countries either.

It's actually a huge problem and I think deserves a mention, it's not just Muslims though... Anywhere with too much (radical) religion and women will be 2nd class. Other then that there is indeed more factors, a lot of countries all around the world don't take female sports serious still Muslim or not but the world is moving forward slowly but surely and that's why I think it's so amazing that in sports like volleyball women get paid more then men!! It's the only one anyway, let the females have that :D

I don't think it's completely off-topic but it might be a little so sorry for that!

One page on the FIVB website has the schedule changed...but the main page has not been updated also.

On the Sportv schedule it has Brazil vs Germany at 9pm Brazil time ...which would be around 10am Japan time. And on Flovolleyball I also have Ger vs Bra as the first game.

FIVB should update their schedule right away....they can`t do things like this. And I`m also not sure if this applies to all Brazil and Serbia games or if it is just for today...

• It's actually a huge problem and I think deserves a mention, it's not just Muslims though... Anywhere with too much (radical) religion and women will be 2nd class. Other then that there is indeed more factors, a lot of countries all around the world don't take female sports serious still Muslim or not but the world is moving forward slowly but surely and that's why I think it's so amazing that in sports like volleyball women get paid more then men!! It's the only one anyway, let the females have that :D

is it true that women volleyball players get paid more than men? I’ve read news articles about this, but doubt if that’s really the case since, say, in Europe, men’s volleyball gets followed and more media attention.

• is it true that women volleyball players get paid more than men? I’ve read news articles about this, but doubt if that’s really the case since, say, in Europe, men’s volleyball gets followed and more media attention.

Yeah I think it is, top players like Zhu Ting, KYK, Tijana Boskovic etc. get paid quite a lot more then top male players according to very reliable sources. I know that male volleyball is also popular esp. in some places but I'd say in general women's is a tad bit more popular then men's. Though if you ask me both get followed too little still compared to other sports, like basketball, football.

It also depends on certain countries, in Turkey f.e. male volleyball is nowhere near as popular as women's. No one cares about the males basically... In some other countries, males is more popular.