2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• FIVB doesn't care about Europe, at least when it comes to women's volleyball. It's as simple as that.

I`m not sure about that... I think what they do is...They try to focus men`s volleyball mostly in Europe and the Americas and Women`s Asia and The Americas. For example if every tournament were held in Europe would be great for European fans....but then we ( America,Asia.Africa) would be waking up 2 am for every tournament.

And the reason mostly women`s tournaments are in Asia is because they provide for the women simply the best....We never ever hear anyone complaining about having to play in Japan or complaining about the tournament organization etc... I bet a lot of countries would love to host a women`s WCH but they simply can`t provide the basics to make it a successful tournament.

I think if FIVB did not care for the women they would simply let any country out there host even is that means they would not be playing under the best conditions....but they send them to Japan because they know they will getting the best ..( But if the European Players does like playing in Japan then this is another story because I personally have never heard anyone complaining.)

• I remember when FIFA help the World Cup in Japan/Korea in 2002. I think the earliest kickoff was at 07:30 CET but most of the games were either 08:30 or 13:30. I'm not saying FIVB should cater to the Europeans like FIFA did, but it is possible to be a little more flexible.

I'm still enjoying the WCH, though. OK, so 1st round wasn't that interesting but we already knew it wouldn't be. There was still a lot of fun, with some close 3x2 games and some brilliant performances like ITA V TUR and CHN and SRB V BRA.

And I'm excited to see what happens next :box:

• i have not watched many matches live but as i said, TUR x RUS tonight will be at a good time for me... i'd like to stay up and watch PUR x NED, but probably will not wake up at 3 am to do so... hmmm... ITA x AZE also seems promising...

talk to you guys later during the TUR x RUS match... :-)

• beri posted a link for TUR v RUS a couple posts up.

doesn't look like FIVB is going to accidentally upload all the matches without restriction like they did for the VNL. They would have done the men's already :(

I'd like the GER v JPN match with english commentary, although the german guy was pretty cool. he was having a good time.

• Goncharova injured? Poor Russia, they are just done in this second round. Hope she recovers soon...

It wouldnt be better to make Voronkova play as opposite?

• I like that Japan plays Brazil last in this second round. Unless Japan reverts to it's earlier ways, (and Brazil loses to somebody along the way because Japan is not likely to beat Serbia), it could come down to the winning or going home.

• Goncharova injured is a huge blow for this group from an entertainment standpoint. I was really looking forward to watch Russia play against China, Italy and Turkey and give them lots of trouble and make things more interesting, but I guess the chances of that happening without her are significantly lower. I hope I'm wrong though!