2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• somebody remind me, when goncharova first started on the RUS NT and she played with gamova, who received serve? did goncha do it?

Goncharova wasn't even a starter as they had Sokolova and Kosheleva back then pre 2012, but due to Kohe's injury, she was "forced" to play as OH in London so maybe a non-receiving OH alongisde Sokolova with Gamova as OPP. In 2014 WCH, she was mainly OH but switched positions with Gamova in the OPP position at times (the game with Serbia in particluar if I recall.)

• SRB x PUR. this is the match that milenkovic landed badly and twisted her knee... she seems to be in serious pain.

why bother to hold the WCh in japan when the halls are sooooooo freaking empty????

at the end of the match, all of the PUR players went over to hug milenkovic and wish her a speedy recovery. it was very sweet.

• It's true that China's level has dropped significantly after Rio Olympics. Mostly due to the fact that nearly half of the Olympic team either retired or injured after winning the gold medal. China's subs are not even in the same level as the starters. However, their best line up will always be in the Olympic year.

• Germany causing Serbia some problems. Serbia's reception is still a big weakness but Busa at least seems to be doing a better job than Malesevic.

• I wish Louise Lippmann would come play in Japan :rose:

These two non-blondes for germany are helping

• A couple costly brain farts by Germany :(

• Serbia played the important points better than Germany, but the match was closer than the score suggests. Serbia really struggled on some rotations, particularly when Boskovic was in the back row. The important thing was getting the victory, but there are still improvements that can be made.

• I liked Hanke's serve routine and Geerties' serve efficience. But the team felt the pressure and didnt play well these final points. Well, 3-0 then.

Serbia played with so much flair and Maja, oh Maja, hooow good she is!

• Was a fun match even if it was 3-0. Both teams had moments of good and bad. Serbia's got a lot of willpower. That closes games.

• It's indeed pathetic and boring to read on some keeping on complaining on the match schedule, that is its timing.

It is merely not possible for any workable single timing to satisfy the globe among different continents.... just live with that, it's always the case, only differs in the affected parties.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Goncharova wasn't even a starter as they had Sokolova and Kosheleva back then pre 2012, but due to Kohe's injury, she was "forced" to play as OH in London so maybe a non-receiving OH alongisde Sokolova with Gamova as OPP. In 2014 WCH, she was mainly OH but switched positions with Gamova in the OPP position at times (the game with Serbia in particluar if I recall.)

GGoncharova became a starter in 2011 she played a (not too often) receiver OH,even in 2012 London she is a receiving(not too often) oh..