2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Can somebody tell me pls, if Serbia, due to the Vitory over Germany, has already secured their Spot for the Next Stage?

I think so. Brazil need to collect 6 points from the next 2 games to overtake them, and if Brazil do that it will mean they beat Japan which will make it impossible for Japan to overtake them... I think, just trying to work this out now.

• oh my. What happened to Bosetti? =O

• Bosetti needs rest. She didn't got injured She almost fainted...

• Thai don't have chance again Italy, give some players rest.

Bosetti almost fainted, Pietrini can replace her. She is doing just fine. Same goes to Egonu. She doesn't need to play today...

My God Pietrini served ace and made error on her second serve and He brings Bosetti back.:wall:

And Italy is leading 19:8...

• They won second set 25:12.

Lets see if He will give some rest to "main" players ??

• Who will have big chances of getting into top 6? Is it Japan or Brazil?

• 1 more 3:0 victory for Italy ! Brava Italia!

• I think so. Brazil need to collect 6 points from the next 2 games to overtake them, and if Brazil do that it will mean they beat Japan which will make it impossible for Japan to overtake them... I think, just trying to work this out now.

Just ot add: Serbia secured place TOP6 already. Others have to calculate.

• I'm very pleased for such a clear victory, I didn't expect it was going to be so easy, since Thai efforts in the first phase.

All the sets had the same progression: fought at the beginning, then before the second TTO Italy flow away.

I also didn't understand why keep playing with Lucia, I hope she was the one to ask for it... But at least in the second set Pietrini could have stay on court until the end.

About the other result, I'm again disappointed by Turkey, I expected more from them.

Now, the situation in the pool F is: Italy first with 7 victories – 21 points; USA second with 7 victories – 19 points; China third with 6 victories – 18 points; Russia the same, with worst set ratio.

Italy can secure the spot with a victory against Russia (with any result), and USA with a victory vs China, if I'm correct (they'll have 8 victories, and Russia/China only 6 with one match left).

Thai and Turkey have no chance anymore.

• Then I really hope Japan won't make it to the final 6 :P

I'm really glad for all the (deserved) compliment Italy is getting, but as a fan I kept telling myself that "we haven't done nothing (yet)" and I can't think that 'nobody can beat us'.

Actually, I' pretty scared about both Russia and (in case it will be an important match for us) USA. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't think we can win ^^

Diesse14

Lucia probably suffered because of a low-sugar blood level: she almost fainted but she was back on court in the same set and played all the third, so I think (and hope!!) she's perfectly fine.

• I have the same feeling, Kk15. We haven't done anything yet.. The girls habe to keep this in mind andbe alwaus concentrated. Up to now it looks they are doing so, we can only cheer and trust them!:)

• The next match could the either the final tiebreaker for the final 6, or create even more confusion. So far all teams in the top 4 of each pool can still make it.

Netherlands and Italy have the chance to eliminate respectively Brazil and Russia.

Otherwise fireworks final pool matches Japan-Brazil, Italy-Usa and China-Russia.

• Netherlands and Italy have the chance to eliminate respectively Brazil and Russia.

Italy will be in for sure beating Russia, but that doesn't mean Russia will be definitely out: It'll depend on USA-CHN result and CHN-RUS match as well...

• I hate to say this, but I think only Japan has chance to beat this Italian team now:rolleyes: They're just unstoppable, when Japan's defense is on, Italy may start to make errors.:sleeping:

I believe you're kidding yourself :lol:

The host won't even be in the race for the last six if the pools were not arranged as such, for instance, just swap the THA team with any between GER and DOM to rearrange the pools. Even throw in the KOR on the JPN's path may kick it out.

And just for reminder, here are the teams that JPN beat to come this far: ARG; MEX; CMR; GER; DOM; PUR.

But if JPN is able to beat BRA in the last match then the team will prove that all my words here are garbage only:!:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”