2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• That's part of Brazil's charm for me. They're tragic. This match isn't over yet. Brazil is a good team you guys. So is NED. This is fun

• Sloetjes is a great attacker, but it seems to me she can only hit in 1 tempo. Or is it just me or she needs more variation in her attacks

• This is a full "opposite battle" match. Both Sloetjes and Tandara are tied with 22 pts. Then, not other player has scored in double digits.

Brazilian block is keeping them alive now.

• Unless Brazil goes tragic in this 4th set ... this is better. If it's going to come down to JPN v BRA for who goes to the next round, it should be the winner of that match.

• Ze is killing Brazil with his wrongful substitution to Gabi! For the love of God, please keep her on the court. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Buijs afraid to take on Carol's block. How sweet. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I was worried Brazil might struggle after throwing away that 3rd set, but they came back really strongly. :drink:

• Carol really is Anne's kryptonite. :kiss:

#FreeBritney

• Brazil's play was not convincing at all even though they finally won at 3:2.

If they beat JPN tomorrow, they still can make final 6.

• Brazil started with a 8:1 lead against Dutch in set 3, but lost at 25:27. They do not deserve advancing to final 6 with such a crummy performance

Please, this "deserve and do not deserve" thing should stop right now. You never knew who deserves or doesn't merely based on one set

• Please, this "deserve and do not deserve" thing should stop right now. You never knew who deserves or doesn't merely based on one set

I said that based on their poor play on the court, assuming you have watched the game.

• Brazil had to win and Netherlands was already placed after the third set, so they lost focus. Nevertheles, I am happy with the development of Bongaerts and Lohuis. I hope that Buijs will play beter, because she is not in good shape yet.

• Brazil had to win and Netherlands was already placed after the third set, so they lost focus. Nevertheles, I am happy with the development of Bongaerts and Lohuis. I hope that Buijs will play beter, because she is not in good shape yet.

True! In my opinion, Bongaerts deserves the titularity. She tries new things and sets difficult balls for the adversary's blockers, its really good to see her playing.

• I hope Serbia gives all their best to defeat Japan. Champions never back down even if they are already qualified.

#FreeBritney

• It seems like Netherlands has not guaranteed a spot in third round yet.

Yes it's true, Serbia has to win against Japan and then they are placed.