2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• All the same topic again: if the formula provide the qualification 2 days earlier, why is Serbia to blame if they chose to rest the titulars?

[I specify I'm not watching the match, so if Serbia is deliberating losing it's another situation, even if it's kinda hard to say if someone is losing on purpose or not, especially when the bench is involved]

For example, if tomorrow Italy will rest the titular and lose, Russia should blame us for not playing vs USA with our maximum power? Or USA should blame China if they play with the bench vs Russia?

• Yes, let’s all pretend that Serbia aren’t trying because Japan are just such a bad team that it would be impossible for Serbia ever to lose to them and naturally Serbia are scared of Brazil and want to eliminate them, even though they destroyed them just a week ago :roll:

• Yes, let’s all pretend that Serbia aren’t trying because Japan are just such a bad team that it would be impossible for Serbia ever to lose to them and naturally Serbia are scared of Brazil and want to eliminate them, even though they destroyed them just a week ago :roll:

Remember London 2012 when the US had the chance to eliminate Brazil and didn't take it. Unfortunately fair play doesn't win gold medals.

Brazil might be looking erratic and shaky but they can still beat anyone in the world in a in/out match.

• Remember London 2012 when the US had the chance to eliminate Brazil and didn't take it. Unfortunately fair play doesn't win gold medals.

Brazil might be looking erratic and shaky but they can still beat anyone in the world in a in/out match.

of course, Brazil are still dangerous but I have watched most of the match and the Serbs are trying, Japan are a very good team as well. OK, so Terzic rested Boskovic but I think that’s just because he doesn’t want her tired or injured for the important games, I don’t think anything suspicious is going on.

• I hope Russia makes it. They are the most enjoyable team in this tournament for me.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Remember London 2012 when the US had the chance to eliminate Brazil and didn't take it. Unfortunately fair play doesn't win gold medals.

Same thought! The Brazilians are the most resilient team there is and USA learned that the hard way. If a team can eliminate them now, they should without reservation.

Italy may rest their starters against the USA since that core has been playing non-stop. Serbia is losing to Japan so that changes everything.

• of course, Brazil are still dangerous but I have watched most of the match and the Serbs are trying, Japan are a very good team as well. OK, so Terzic rested Boskovic but I think that’s just because he doesn’t want her tired or injured for the important games, I don’t think anything suspicious is going on.

The pattern of the end of sets 2 and 3 is the same: Japan leads by 2 points, Serbia catches up, Japan goes again leading then Serbia all of sudden cannot block anymore after point 23. And the setting of Japan is so predictable, you can tell in advance.

How US could eliminate Brazil in London 2012?

• If japan wins 3-1, does brazil needs to beat japan in 3sets?

• The pattern of the end of sets 2 and 3 is the same: Japan leads by 2 points, Serbia catches up, Japan goes again leading then Serbia all of sudden cannot block anymore after point 23. And the setting of Japan is so predictable, you can tell in advance.

I have the same observation.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I hope Japan wins the whole tournament. :rolll:

#FreeBritney