2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I don't think it was a shady situation and even then BRA should just be angry with themselves. They can't expect other team would win games for them.

I am also not happy that JPN manages to reach to final 6. It just shows that any mediocre team can reach top 6 if they have enough money and power on FIVB to mess with draws:down:

Let's see if RUS will be able to make it to final 6 as well:whistle:

• If Brazil wins tomorrow in 3 sets, and Serbia also wins in 3 sets.

Japan 7-2 - 21 points - sets 23-9

Netherlands 7-2 - 21 points - sets 23-9

Brazil 7-2 - 21 points - sets 23-9

According to wikipedia...So I guess even the Dutch could end up going home.?

• Yes, Not even a 3-0 victory tomorrow can carry the Brazilian team to F6. The door is already closed today by the muppet show!

If I were Ze then I would give at least 1 point to the Japanese team to mess up the draw, let the Japanese team tops the Pool E :!: hahaha :lol:

Dont spread hatred! Just because you dont like Japan means you can make accusations just like that! :down:

• This explains why Serbia let Japan come back in the 4th set....loosing 1 point there would hurt Japan actually.

Serbia just paid off by their racist photo they did when they qualified...lol

I just wish they have not done this...is just sooo ugly. They had everything to win it all...and Brazilian fans really loves them....Shall I say now "loved".

Racist Photo?

• I honestly preferred the men's second round than this female wch.

There's just too much manipulation you can do with two 8-team pools than the four 4-team pools in the men's world championship.

The scheduling alone is already suspect.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't think it was a shady situation and even then BRA should just be angry with themselves. They can't expect other team would win games for them.

I am also not happy that JPN manages to reach to final 6. It just shows that any mediocre team can reach top 6 if they have enough money and power on FIVB to mess with draws:down:

Let's see if RUS will be able to make it to final 6 as well:whistle:

Exactly! Like i said earlier if Brazil won all their games, they wouldn’t be on this situation! Its them that they put themselves in this! People here already spread hatred to other teams! Just not right!:win:

• Men's formula sucks too actually, two peas in a pod:D

Poland atleast have proven all the critics wrong by winning the whole damn thing. Can Japan do it?:box:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Totally agree. Italy is most likely No.1 in Group F, so Japan cannot avoid Italy.

Theoretically they can: two teams of the same second phase pool will be playing together in the final 6 pool.

So if both Italy and Serbia will top their pools, Japan would necessarily meet one of them (and only one), but the draw will decide which one.

And Italy now has easy way for Final4! Lets go Italy, second Final4 in row for them!

That's a statement that will make all the Italians freeze XD It's called "gufare".

Feet on the ground and head only to the next game, and what'll come, will come.

• Dont spread hatred! Just because you dont like Japan means you can make accusations just like that! :down:

Calm down, I don't hate the JPN team, or ANY team (this is just sport after all), not spreading the hatred either. Fans certainly can figure out for themselves. I just pointed out the obvious muppet show today of the match SRB vs JPN and its possible effects for the Pool E, the BRA team in particular. Like it or not.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• So basically:

Japan must win 1 set against Brazil to pass. Point ratio doesn't matter as they're already behind Brazil. It would matter only if Netherlands lose 3:0, in this case they can literally calculate the points they need to score against Brazil and pass even losing 3:0 themselves.

The Netherlands also need 1 set because in case of Brazil winning 3:0 they risk having the worst point ratio of all, and be eliminated.

SRB NED 3:0 NED could be eliminated no matter what happens to JPN if has a worse point ratio

NED wins a set and BRA wins 3:0 JPN eliminated

NED wins a set and JPN wins a set BRA eliminated

• Netherlands who will play against Serbia before Japan vs Brazil match will need 1 set to be safe.

Brazil is not out of it just yet and Japan have not yet made it either.

Japan need at least 1 set, whilst only a 3-0 win for Brazil will keep them in the competition (since Brazil have better point ratio than Japan at the moment).

Unlikely, but potentially this could go down to points ratios for Japan, Netherlands and Brazil.

Netherlands is currently trailing Japan in point ratios. So if Netherlands were to loss heavily to Serbia, whilst Japan loss like 25-23 each set then Netherlands are going home right?