2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• stream died! :wall:

• Still.....Serbia put Brazil in this situation by forcing them to win a game in 3...without giving Brazil a fair chance to simply win a game by any score.

Well they had a fair chance to beat GER, a fair chance to beat NED with 3 points and a fair chance to beat MEX in 3 sets and they failed. I wanted Brazil to qualify, but the fact is they’ve not played well in this competition and that’s why they’re out.

• Seems like brazil knew they won’t advance to the Final 6, they seems to have lost motivation now.

• Still not a fan of Fe Garay coming back (though I love her), I would have preferred seeing a younger talent as starter who has still everything to gain in her career... Fe Garay seemed like such a desperate last minute decision... Natalia would have been best case scenario ofc, but that's out of option.

Not gonna lie if any of the old school Brazillian players I would have loved to see Fabiana back :rose:

• Well they had a fair chance to beat GER, a fair chance to beat NED with 3 points and a fair chance to beat MEX in 3 sets and they failed. I wanted Brazil to qualify, but the fact is they’ve not played well in this competition and that’s why they’re out.

No doubt about that....And U know how much I love Serbia....And I always root against Brazil because they always win. And yes Brazil has not been playing well...but it still does not change the fact that even playing bad as they have....had Serbia not given Japan that win...Brazil could still qualify even if they beat Japan in 5,,,,,

• As much as I like the Serbia NT, people need to stop making excuses for them. Playing your backup players is one thing, trying to lose deliberately is another. Their acting skills are just not convincing, all those silly mistakes, there's no justifying for it.

• Is fair play still an issue amongst fans? Why not start first with their team’s BAD plays and leave things at that...just sayin :white:

• No doubt about that....And U know how much I love Serbia....And I always root against Brazil because they always win. And yes Brazil has not been playing well...but it still does not change the fact that even playing bad as they have....had Serbia not given Japan that win...Brazil could still qualify even if they beat Japan in 5,,,,,

I hate it that Japan was able to qualify by winning a set. Truly, honestly.

Win the game, move on. Lose the game go home.

• And even if Japan win the GAME at this point, it's not real.

This big happy meaningful important tournament ....

• Is fair play still an issue amongst fans? Why not start first with their team’s BAD plays and leave things at that...just sayin :white:

True! :drink:

• Still not a fan of Fe Garay coming back (though I love her), I would have preferred seeing a younger talent as starter who has still everything to gain in her career... Fe Garay seemed like such a desperate last minute decision... Natalia would have been best case scenario ofc, but that's out of option.

Not gonna lie if any of the old school Brazillian players I would have loved to see Fabiana back :rose:

Fabiana is my favorite player of all time, but she doesnt deserve to play in this awful team. And she had depression after Olympics and it was really difficult for her to recover :(

• Actually it's even worse. I don't remember the last time Brazil didn't participate the QF or the F6. This one is the worst humiliation for them.

2002 with Motta, but that team was a rebel one, and didnt play well because they hated Motta's guts

• As much as I like the Serbia NT, people need to stop making excuses for them. Playing your backup players is one thing, trying to lose deliberately is another. Their acting skills are just not convincing, all those silly mistakes, there's no justifying for it.

But that's the point, I don't believe they tried to lose. I do believe they didn't care much about the result though. For example, they played much worse today than yesterday but there was NO REASON AT ALL for them to want to lose today.

Anyway, things getting very interesting in CHN V RUS. Take a deep breath, Karch.

• I can see both sides point:

Brazil played bad and lost vs Germany and is losing vs Japan, they did not play the best against teams like Mexico either. They have to be better then this if they want to qualify for F6, and they simply are not at this moment.

On the other hand, there is no denying that Serbia just losed willingly their last 2 matches, I watched both of them and some errors were just funny to me, that was definitely acting. But at the same time there's no need to attack the Serbian girls for this, they are not responsible for Brazil qualifying! They don't care and don't have to, they have all right to be selfish even if it may not seem to be the most fair move. This is Wch!

Yes it would have been best if they faked a little less and tried to play at least, as a fan of them as well it was a bit of a pain to watch...

Terzic probably rather faces Italy then China atm hence why they did not care today.