2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• The Brazilian team just showed us that had Terzic not played the God's hand by throwing the match and instead allowed both BRA and JPN teams to seal its own fate on its own hand at this last match on the pure sportiveness ground, it would have been the Brazilian team that plays in the F6! Of course the Brazilian team is not free from the blame too for its incapability to secure its own fate on its own hand for its fluctuating states by losing set thus point or even match to the GER , the weaker team.

The fact that the BRA team missed the F6 even though it won its supposedly the last DECISIVE match whereas originally a simple win would earn the team a spot in the F6 will be vividly staying in the memory of many volleyball fans for long time. And before any one throws out the accusation, no, I don't hate either the Japanese team or the Serbian team... indeed I hate no single team! I'm simply telling out the obvious thing. But often the truth is a bitch and quite bitter!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• So how will the 3rd round pools will be like then? 8o:win:

• Good for Brazil to have the emotional win in the end. in the end the German loss was their undoing. I have seen different posts on here about Ze and while I think respect should be given to his impressive resume, I feel the girls could have been helped a bit better in this match by their coach.. What's the point of making all the substitutions he made in the end with Thaisa, etc, when they needed quick thinking during a critical time. Sometimes I feel Ze is also a bit conservative and not so bold in making changes quickly. It doesn't matter about the injuries, with the players he has, you cannot have such huge swings and losses of points. They may not be as 'talented' as previous generations but they are as good, if not better in many respects than other players on other teams that are beating them.

You see Turkey, Netherlands, USA etc, constantly making quick changes, not necessarily bringing on someone more talented, but making a push for that one point. There were so many opportunities I think at that point to help the girls get that set. But I am not a coach, just a fan's observation.

I really like Sylla and Ogonna of the remaining teams, they are offensively helping Italy a lot. Also like the general young and fearless attitude of the team. Hope they make it to the finals!

• from the rankings table, you can see what a joke SRB became, because look at the set ratio and how much higher it is for SRB than JPN, which finished above them. SRB won 7 straight matches 3-0 and then loses the last 2? pathetic. terzic is a freaking moron, and i hope they don’t get to the semis. they certainly don’t deserve it.

• Then you haven't seen KYK in her prime ;) Olympics 2012; dragging a whole team by herself! Well she did that whole her career with Korea and every medal they got...

And Japan already is a good team, they just need that 1 reliable gun. A KYK style player would do tons of good but at the same time such players are not just being developed like that, it's once in generations so I'm aware of that. Korea has more tall players f.e. but they're not that good...

in london, japan lost to brazil by 24 points and saori scored 14 points. and no kim wasn't going to score 24 points more than saori to put that japanese team into final.

• I didnt know you were brazilian! Thanks for answering!

I was asking because I wanted to know if you (brazilians) have any new about Ze future in your NT about players. I know Nalbert and Fabi are in Sport Tv, so they usually comment about what's going on in the team.

I dont have any official information yet, but i think that Ze will continue as NT coach. About players, i dont think the olympic winners need to continue, they already wrote their names in the history and they are not the same anymore (maybe Tandara can continue but i dont know if she can handle the protagonism with so much failure in her back :/)

• @Iche059 Omg what the hell is this conversation becoming, I did not say Kim should get Japanese citizenship, I was just talking about what Japan can do to reach next level... I did not say they should transfer Kim, I said maybe they should try to develop a tall player.

Also you realize small things can change lots of situation in volleyball right? Its weird to think what would become of Kim in London 2012 with Japan as she's simply not Japanese! But if she hypothetically was in the team that could change a lot of things, they could have maybe lossed with even more points or win who knows, just like Zhu Ting can change the entire match with China when she is around. Even if she does not make 40+ points...

• Saori Kimura isn't much of a high ball solution on the pins compared to Kim or Zhu.

It's absolutely ignorant to say Kim can never hypothetically help Japan when Korea defeated Brazil's golden generation with only one player of world class quality.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sometimes i think ze doesnt want to be there. He is always looking unmotivated and you can hear more of Paulo Coco voice than his when they are saying something to the team. I really love all he did to Brazil and I think he is a spetacular coach but everything needs to end one day

• Saori Kimura isn't much of a high ball solution on the pins compared to Kim or Zhu.

It's absolutely ignorant to say Kim can never hypothetically help Japan when Korea defeated Brazil's golden generation with only one player of world class quality.

read the original post i relied to.

of course kim would help japan. she would help any team. but to say that she would make japan the next best thing? like consistently better than the current china, italy and serbia team?? really? i doubt Luis aka the GOAT can do it. i said she can only to make the point.

• Btw, 5 teams in Final 6 (Italy, China, USA, Netherlands and Serbia) came from Group B in Rio. Now you think about it, Rio must have had the most unbalanced groups ever!

It was certainly a very unbalanced draw, like the serpentine system tends to make them, but back then Italy was far from the level they're showing now.

• Sometimes i think ze doesnt want to be there. He is always looking unmotivated and you can hear more of Paulo Coco voice than his when they are saying something to the team. I really love all he did to Brazil and I think he is a spetacular coach but everything needs to end one day

He compromised Brazil with his conservative approach. There's no way in hell he can't develop a 1.90m middle blocker in the two years that passed since the olympics after Fabiana retired. He relied on the backs of Bernardinho and the other clubs to create a base of the NT for so long but his undoing is that's club volleyball and they only develop what they have and not what the others currently in other teams.

He wanted to win everything after world grand prix with the 30 year old squad he have instead of taking chances on the young players. Brazil may have lose with those young players but one of those players could've been something the veterans can never be. It's about giving opportunity and he failed to do it and this is the story of Brazil's 2018 campaign.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney