2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Well, Japan was the only team which beat Italy best line up in the last VNL.

Yes I know Italy has improved their game from that tournment. As well as Japan is always dangerous when they play as locals.

• This, and I also hope we will avoid any kind of arrangement between Serbia and Japan to kick Italy out...but if we lose to Japan we seriously deserve nothing, with all due respect to Japan.

How can the SRB and JPN teams manage to kick out the Italian team in the Pool G? By beating them??? :lol: hahaha

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The solution is simple:

This Is What Happens At International Level (Post 281) - Fabio Menta

https://www.facebook.com/coach…90247773/546606895781738/

This explanation doesn't make too much sense to me.

If Serbia do the math, they should win 2 sets against Netherlands, which would ensure that they are 2nd in pool F and meet Italy in Phase 3.

However, they spotted 3rd , which means that there is a chance they would be in a different pool from Italy. This didn't happen simply because of luck.

• People, Serbia very often plays like crap when they feel they have nothing to play for. It wasn't anything new. It's just that they for once ran into an opponent who wasn't having any of it and gave them a real good kick in the ass, which is what they sorely needed. They must wake up and start taking things seriously.

• and DOM beat GER 3-0.

The German NT were empty both in head and physcially, aside from super athlete Louisa Lippmann, who scored 14 points alone once more in three short sets. They were very tired in ninth match, about 24 hours after the hard four setter against Puerto Rico. The Dominicans had three easy sets yesterday and were physically superiour in every regard.

• People, Serbia very often plays like crap when they feel they have nothing to play for. It wasn't anything new. It's just that they for once ran into an opponent who wasn't having any of it and gave them a real good kick in the ass, which is what they sorely needed. They must wake up and start taking things seriously.

that has been the problem for this serbia team. you never know when and if they will bring it to the game. and their championship window is rapidly closing with the emergence of this young italian team.

• I read Italy will play on Sunday and Thursday... about the timetable, it depend on TVs. I really hope we'll get decent time.

So, USA shall thanks China

Both USA and Russia were beaten by Italy and China, but Russia lost to USA. It seems fair that USA goes ahed instead of Russia, to me, even if personally I enjoyed Russia game more.

Now you think about it, Rio must have had the most unbalanced groups ever!

Well, honestly we knew that even before the OG started, and it was obviously confirmed when the 4 finalist arrived all from this group... did we really needed another confirmation? ^^

Anyway, I'm surprised there are a lot of people so sure of the next results and of the teams level: honestly, I wouldn't make the same mistake most of us did in the men WCh, taking for granted that certain teams were weaker than others.

How many were sure that Poland was going to be the outsider? And we know how it ended...

I really hope we'll keep our level high (and that this will be enough to win), but I'm kinda glad we're going to meet new teams in this F6.

• I read Italy will play on Sunday and Thursday...

I'm pretty surprised it's not like that!

But if Serbia will beat Japan in the first match, we'll be in the power to pass 'directly' to the semi winning vs Japan as well

(note: I'm not saying it's obvious that we or Serbia are going to win vs Japan!)

I'm just a bit upset we won't play on Sunday, when the team can be followed the most in the morning.

• If only if SRB is able to beat ITA in 3:0 and JPN can get at least a set from ITA. It is possible but not likely

My thoughts exactly. Luckily the schedule makes it impossible, if confirmed.

Anyway being swept by Serbia is something we must not allow to happen again, but this team is way more young, talented and humble than the men.

• Oh fly, I just noticed that in the semifinal day there is also the final for the 5-6 place: first of all, how useless!! Second, I can't believe it's scheduled to be the THIRD match of the day, and not the first! That's insane, it would be unacceptable even if the host will play that match.

• You are right vabo! I hope the girls just keep on staying humble and concentrated. They did nothing yet!

The bad thing is to have three days of rest and then four days on the highest level possible. I hope the girls can handle it physically and mentally..

• But often the truth is a bitch and quite bitter!

Truth in an alternate universe can be bitchier and bitterer :teach:

One could accuse Japan of pulling a mini-serbia here (for what end I know not), but I seriously doubt Erika Araki and Risa Shinnabe would be on the bench in a do or die match