2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I don't watch basketball so I don't get your analogy. Malinov and Cansu was from the same generation and I have been watching both since they were playing junior NT. Cansu wasn't even starter of our NT whereas Malinov has been great since an early age. On top of her precise setting, she is a good blocker/defender too which is something Cansu severely miss. To me both Danesi and Chirichella are more talented than Zehra.

• about that ball from egonu that hit startseva in the face: that was not the ball that ended the point, so play continued. there was no way for anyone to know that she was hit badly in the face until she left the court, so there was no chance for her to apologize. the insinuation that egonu acted badly is totally unfair.

In fact USAvolleyfan (if I recall well) suggested she should have apologized when the doctor was taking care of her and the game stopped for a bit (and I suggested it was ok also at the end of the match, if in that moment Paola felt like she would have intrude)

Lloyd only use her front attacker to be exact 60-70% are given to her opposite.

Really? I got the impression USA was playing almost without opposite...

Anyway, I don't remember who suggested it, but now I'm following Fabio Menta too! I found him a bit arrogant in his statement, but his post are interesting and entertaining ^^

• athleticism is the fundamental part of sport talents.

• I don't watch basketball so I don't get your analogy. Malinov and Cansu was from the same generation and I have been watching both since they were playing junior NT. Cansu wasn't even starter of our NT whereas Malinov has been great since an early age. On top of her precise setting, she is a good blocker/defender too which is something Cansu severely miss. To me both Danesi and Chirichella are more talented than Zehra.

If you really think Malinov is more talented than Cansu as "pure setter" you should watch basketball more...

• I hate how people in Turkey always feel like they need to discredit their own players and their abilities. In my opinion Cansu is one of the most creative setters in the world ATM, she showed that not only in VNL but also in the Turkish league and the Champions league countless times where she saved VakıfBank over and over again and therefore was also given best setter award. How fair is it to judge a setters setting skills entirely based on 1 tournament where we know Italy was one of the best receiving teams and Turkey a terrible receiving team?

I will not say one is better then the other and 1 player will not determine the entire end result of a team, with that logic all setters in final 6 are better then Nootsara Tomkom. Malinov has Egonu and Sylla who can kill pretty much everything... I will just hope that Turkey after finishing 2nd in WGP/VNL like Italy last year will follow the magic and play their best volleyball the following year.

Zehra is also younger then the two Italian MBs mentioned, what we should look at now, is that she has the basics which she does. Chirichella is one of my fave MBs as well btw but I am not a fan of Danesi personally (sometimes she is just a ghost) I also know that Folie is usually in for her anyways ;)

Zehra is 19 for a few months and Danesi and Christina are 22 and 24, what Zehra showed in VNL in her first ever appearance with the NT should be considered more then enough, it's not her fault Gio did not call another experienced MB when things were not going their way. I don't know what else ppl expect of a teenager...

Btw I agree that Cansu's blocking is too bad...

• Malinov will be best in the world very soon. She has natural skills and possibilities.

Totally agree. She can manage many different situations and attacking schemes . And keep an eye on Lele Morello, u17 World champion and u18 European Champion with Italy. I’m pretty sure she’s going to be a top player quite soon.

• Post by Tamer06 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • :aww:

Now we have to discredit Meryem's points and work to make up for Cansu...:rolll: I guess someone at least always needs to be put down. Meryem had some great kills and helped the team a lot. How about this: both were good at VNL but could not keep the level for whole summer?

I said I don't want to say who is better; imo Malinov is probably better yea, she is more all around(also blocking, defense) and way more reliable then Cansu. Cansu maybe set great to Meryem, Eda, Meliha at times but there were also times she screwed up and I missed a setter like Naz in the team. Though I still think we should not discredit Cansu's abilities and imo she's one of the most creative setters around and she's young, her impact sometimes is amazing in VakifBank and NT.

• Setter were one the reason why Turkey haven't done anything special at this WCH. One of them is Cansu.

One of the best MB(Eda) couldn't score, why ? Because She got bad sets...

And What Cansu does when She plays with Zhu, sets over and over to her ?? + Wolosz got best setter in CL.

• Don’t know who is the better setter, but I know if you swap egonu, sylla, and maybe libero with boz, ercan, italian team is probably at home now. To me, what makes Italian team special is Egonu and their defense, both floor defense and block. italian team receives incredibly well in this tournament which makes setter’s job that much easier

• I feel sorry for Brazil and Russia. They were determined and fought at their best. I can’t help but think that the Japanese team was quite lucky to get a light draw in the first round. And with the tactic of Serbia that allows them to be in the third while Brazil and Russia were eliminated is kind of annoying me.

Root for China and Italy this time. 😎

• I feel sorry for Brazil and Russia. They were determined and fought at their best. I can’t help but think that the Japanese team was quite lucky to get a light draw in the first round. And with the tactic of Serbia that allows them to be in the third while Brazil and Russia were eliminated is kind of annoying me.

Root for China and Italy this time. 😎

It's not only luck, this is the host advantage both in setting before draw and public support by the spectators.

• FIVB is corrupted and Japan pays them money for this so they are corrupted as well. I wish they wouldn’t even made it to even second group. They are just so disgusting. I want them to be smashed!

We actually cannot blame Serbia since there is no evidence but we all know them wel and what they did was disgusting. All they do care is money and they got it.

I would have said I want to be champion but to be fair, It is so boring to watch their all balls to Boskovic and Mihaijlovic games. Disrespectful to their amazing MBs and setter Maja. After this Japan incident, I won’t be cheering up for them.

I didn’t like Russia throughout the summer and in this WCH they played really well. Would have been happier if they would made it to final 6 which they deserved. They even performed very good after Goncharova got injured which was such a pity. Most of the teams cannot recover after loosing such important player in the middle of the tournament.

I hate Karch as most people do and I wish them the worst as well. Taking Lowe just shows how he lives in his own head. You cannot take a girl who stopped volleyball and didn’t play in a pro league for the last two years. Lowe said she still practice volleyball in her school but this is WCH, you cannot take her. It is just disrespectful to other girls who worked so hard all year and then just because this precious girl decides to be back with NT, he takes her to Japan. This is just so another stupid of him. You cannot build up a team out of friendship. This is a big BS, dude. He took Cortney Thompson to OG in 2016 just because she was a good friend and everyone loved her in that team who was going to retire after OG. He should go back to his son’s high school where he started choaching and make this stupid calls.

Italy and China are playing really good games and I want either of them to be champion. I want to see them in final anyway. Italy plays really well most of the time it is like everyone is participating on the other hand China struggles a lot in receiving and setter area.

Not sure what to say about Turkey. Expected them to be the underdog and they played very poorly. Hope they will be better in the future but we all know that is not going to happen as long as they stay on bench.

• I hate Karch as most people do and I wish them the worst as well. Taking Lowe just shows how he lives in his own head. You cannot take a girl who stopped volleyball and didn’t play in a pro league for the last two years. Lowe said she still practice volleyball in her school but this is WCH, you cannot take her. It is just disrespectful to other girls who worked so hard all year and then just because this precious girl decides to be back with NT, he takes her to Japan. This is just so another stupid of him. You cannot build up a team out of friendship. This is a big BS, dude. He took Cortney Thompson to OG in 2016 just because she was a good friend and everyone loved her in that team who was going to retire after OG. He should go back to his son’s high school where he started choaching and make this stupid calls.

You talk about the same person that dismissed Logan Tom with an email. :down::down:

Btw Lowe is doing a decent job, better than Murphy, which tells averything about Kelly's current level. :whistle:

"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
    "...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
    "Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
    - Emma :heart::love: