2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• so I'm guessing serbia agreed to bending over to japan last week as long as they both will be in the same group in final 6 so that serbia kind of guarantees semi final since japan is not in other teams' level. nice deal on their side.

It wouldn't surprise me if they give the fair play award to Terzic as acknowledgement.

• And now Shinnabe for Nagaoka. It's backwards. Feels desperate.

• Serbia knows only two teams have the chance to beat them: China and Italy moreso the latter. This guarantees Serbia avoid facing a do-or-die match against Italy in the SF, possibly meeting them one last time in the Finals while taking the risk to either face an underperforming China/US in the semis. Well played Serbia. Well played

Do you realize that Serbia actually had the possibility to end up with China and Italy directly in the F6 pool?

• Serbia plays the ugliest women's volleyball i've ever seen. It's more like men's volley, they should played in tournament in Italy-Bulgaria a month ago... Terrible

I find it a little bit rude, but somehow I agree. Their game is really boring: they rely way too much on Boskovic and Mihajlovic, which is very normal because they kill the ball regularly. And Brankica is ugly to see: she reminds me Petra Kvitova from tennis, they have no grace in their moves, but they can be effective.

• bummer the sportdeutschland.tv stream died

• GO NIPPON GO!

Gets one set at least. Give a surprise blow to the Serbian team.

Just to show to the volleyball world that your team really belong to the FINAL SIX quality!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I really hate this no line cam replays for volleyball challenge. Graphical representation is just not enough for me.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I've gone from disappointed to angry Nakada didn't start this lineup.

• I really hate this no line cam replays for volleyball challenge. Graphical representation is just not enough for me.

I feel the same

• japan might get this set! :wavy:

• A thousand variables. Who knows? But I think Nakada made a fatal error

• im coming from behind...its 23-23 but i know Serbia will win :(

and victory goes to the Serbian team

Japanese team simply played badly at the last part of the third set.they could have grabbed it with some more focus

• GO NIPPON GO!

Gets one set at least. Give a surprise blow to the Serbian team.

Just to show to the volleyball world that your team really belong to the FINAL SIX quality!

What a great pity that the set just slipped away at the end :huh:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• If Sarina Koga is Japan's best player then color me unimpressed.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney