2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• So me and Matthias prediction that NED would beat USA was right :dance6:

BTW just saying I don't know how anyone could say Dutch are weak mentally, anything can happen in volleyball however as a Turkish girl that's lived in Netherlands on and off for many years; I always say if there's one thing we can learn from the Dutch, it's their discipline! Never heard anyone call the Dutch mentally weak before...

I'm pretty sure the Dutch girls at this point are so locked in their game they could save themselves even without a coach :D

Congrats Nederland!!

• I did not call the Dutch people mentally weak...I called this Dutch team mentally weak. Have they ever won anything?? How about that 14-10 last year`s GP? 14-12 in the tournament they hosted this year? How about that first set against China in the OG when they led like 11-3 or something like that....how about the 16-8 tonight??.... I`m sorry but I`m pretty sure I`m not the only one that thinks the Dutch can never get it done.... Yeah they did it tonight but it has never been like this in the past.

• Japan have started this set brilliantly. Not sure how long they can keep up this level of defence, but it's great to watch for sure.

• They lost their head coach that brought them to highest level and one of their most important players de Kruijf (and young talent Daalderop) is missing, gimme a break...:whistle:

It's already a whole achievement of them to do what they're doing rn.

This is women's volleyball, sometimes big leads don't mean you get the set immediately. That friendly tournament in the Netherlands is not of importance and should not be a reason to call them anything. Also of course they may not have won a world class tournament yet, but that does't mean they're weak... I don't like how in volleyball we discredit every team and everyone below medal level.:down: they work hard to be in the top even the teams that did not win, it's disrespectful to keep belittling them

• They lost their head coach that brought them to highest level and one of their most important players de Kruijf (and young talent Daalderop) is missing, gimme a break...:whistle:

It's already a whole achievement of them to do what they're doing rn.

This is women's volleyball, sometimes big leads don't mean you get the set immediately. That friendly tournament in the Netherlands is not of importance and should not be a reason to call them anything. Also of course they may not have won a world class tournament yet, but that does't mean they're weak... I don't like how in volleyball we discredit every team and everyone below medal level.:down: they work hard to be in the top even the teams that did not win, it's disrespectful to keep belittling them

they had won the WGP once but not with this lineup

• amazing win for NL. Did not expect after set 1.

Kudos to Sloetjes for not breaking down.

Anne Buijs is really not the tea. Plak covered her position well.

Lohuis can serve great but actual blocking not there yet. Koolhaas not much better imo. Great achievement to reach final 4 without Robin.

• WOW! Amazing! Unbelievable!!!

The Japanese team becomes competitive and is able to take one set from the mighty Italian. Kudos to the Japanese squad. Keep on playing strong and get even more :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Both Sylla and Egonu had 50% in attack and still it wasn't enough for 2:0 lead

• That's the Japan I've been watching all tournament.

• With the way japan is playing, i won’t be surprised if they would win this!