2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I said Japan might surprise us becuase they were the only team that had beaten Italy's first squad this summer, and someone said I took VNL too seriously:roll:

And that was a Japan B Team

• We all know that CEV is the most competitive federation.

However we shouldnt forget that the last time an european team won a major tournment was in 2011 (Italy - World Cup).

If we want to tak about Olympics, the last time was in 1988 :!:

• Japan has been targeting Sylla on the serve. Is she gonna break?

• We all know that CEV is the most competitive federation.

However we shouldnt forget that the last time an european team won a major tournment was in 2011 (Italy - World Cup).

If we want to tak about Olympics, the last time was in 1988 :!:

What's your point?

• Looks like this game will take through 5th set! :woohoo:

• Seems like Egonu only needs the set to be in the building and she's cool with it :lol:

• so are you doing the same thing by automatically counting Japan out?

You are right, I shouldn't assume they will lose for sure. Italy can win tomorrow and advance to semis even if they lose today

• No matter if they lose at this point, I hope the critics and conspiracy theorists can give some credit to Japan because they are showing how good they are.

• Chrichella reminds me of Özgenur Yurtdagulen (playing style) from Turkey from the same generation, I think both of them were also in U23 Wch in 2016? if I am right. Only Christina seems to have improved since then and became better unlike Özgenur... Except today she was exactly like Özgenur lol :lol:

Japan is playing their game best way they can and it's working. I see Italy as winner though in tb!

• What's your point?

That in, fact, CEV (and ECH) is the most competitive confederation. That is why there are more teams from that confederation in the major tournments.

However, they havent materalize that favouritism and chances (lately) in the most important tournments.

• I just started to watch match, I said I will be surprise if they took only 1 set, but I never though that they will take this match in 5th set, Italy what are you doing ??

• Serbia will have the chance to kick Italy out of the semifinals, we must win this set or I'm afraid it's all over for us

Yes that’s true! I’m sure Serbia would prefer kicking out Italy over Japan

• The Japanese team is playing amazing volleyball in this match. They just did what no one may have predicted!

Keep on going strong in the last set, fight for your spot and honour, Nippon! GO NIPPON GO!!!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I think Egonu will get 80% of sets in 5th set....

And already 2 points by Egonu, like I said...