2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Now the ITA loses the top pool position to the SRB team 1-3 as I predicted though in much tighter set than I what have guessed...

the interesting question now is what will the Chinese team's response in the subsequent match? Will the CHN squad favour to see the ITA or SRB team in the semifinals? Will the CHN team proceed on course to top the pool, just re-stage the match against ITA team, or will it avoid the collision with the only team that beat it in this tournament so far?

It will be interesting to watch the outcome of the CHN vs NED pretty soon in the last match of the Round 3 (aka. the Final 6). Time will tell the direction :)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Serbia were really good in all aspects, only Mihajlovic played below her level. I don't think this result will dent Italy's confidence too much because they were tired, rested Sylla and they are going through anyway. I expect China to go all out to win against NED but we will see what happens.

• The hall is still empty, what a disappointment. Didn't Japan fams bought the tickets in advantages?

They should put the 5th-6th final match before the two finals on Saturday, if they want people to be there for the main event...

• It's interesting to see how eager the CHN team is to play the ITA squad in the semifinals. The team not even try to rest its starter six to give some court time to its rusty bench players.

Who says that the SRB team is the preferred opponent for the CHN team in the SF? The ITA team is just not deterring any in the last four. The CHN team just stays on course to top its pool.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• There is really no incentive to try hard to win this match from the CHN team's standing point since both SRB and ITA are equally of the same quality... just no incentive... perhaps just the vanity of team's prestige and statistical record... but really no meat all bones only :lol: a match of no practical values!

Not sure about the NED team's POV.

• friends,who is better between Buijis and Zhang Changning?

In my opinion, Zhang is the better player. Buijs is a terrible receiver and though she is a good attacker, Zhang is good at everything.

• friends,who is better between Buijis and Zhang Changning?

Buijs is more explosive, can kill more balls back to back and has more varied possibilities in her offense. However Zhang Changing is way more reliable and way less prone to errors and is a much better all around player. Buijs can ruin reception bad. So I'd say Zhang

This is my opinion ofc

• There is really no incentive to try hard to win this match from the CHN team's standing point since both SRB and ITA are equally of the same quality... just no incentive... perhaps just the vanity of team's prestige and statistical record... but really no meat all bones only :lol: a match of no practical values!

Not sure about the NED team's POV.

It's the mentality to respect every opponent and not afraid of any upcoming challenge. Nothing to do with "vanity".

• In my opinion, Zhang is the better player. Buijs is a terrible receiver and though she is a good attacker, Zhang is good at everything.

Isn't Zhang famous for being subbed out--Lui comes in for her--because Lang lacks ultimate trust in her game, especially receiving?

I like Zhang more but I can't say who's better.

• Now I REALLY THINK the NED team is more spirited to meet the ITA team in the semifinals... instead of the Serbian team. The Dutch's unpleasant memory of the 2017 Women's European Volleyball Championship should still be lingering... the Italian squad seems to be a better take for the Dutch girls... which I do concur!

• Another 'meaningless' match with all the titulars in: it's curious how women took a completely different path that men.

Is it possibile that's just because there are two days of rest between this match and the semi?

Ps I think China always want to win (if the opponents are compliant, ofc)! I wouldn't call it vanity at all...

• Isn't Zhang famous for being subbed out--Lui comes in for her--because Lang lacks ultimate trust in her game, especially receiving?

I like Zhang more but I can't say who's better.

Her passing can be questionable for sure, but she is way better than Buijs at receiving is what I should have said.

• Her passing can be questionable for sure, but she is way better than Buijs at receiving is what I should have said.

What do you think about any "finesse" to their attack? They both seem to rely on power, mostly, as opposed to any fancy wrist twists to slice the ball hither or yon.

• Busa, Bujis, right queue :lol:

oops

• "SUCH AN INTERESTING GAME.... WITH NO REAL...."

the FIVB commentator, Louis (who?), simply did not complete his line :lol: hahaha....

I must admit that he's an honest guy as well as still being sensible :whistle:

• What do you think about any "finesse" to their attack? They both seem to rely on power, mostly, as opposed to any fancy wrist twists to slice the ball hither or yon.

Yeah, I would say you're right. Buijs probably has more variety in attack when she is on form but to me Zhang has the advantage because of her accuracy and reliability.

• I wish I would have posted my thought that Yuan has honed her serve pretty well before she closed the set with two aces. Would've had some bragging rights