2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I don't know: with 3 great opposites playing, even in case of China victory they may consider to award two opposites (one as MVP, one as opposite) and to give Zhu a 'normal' best OH...

Of course I hope we'll never have to find out what happen if China'd win :P

Of course I want Serbia to win Gold and Boskovic MVP... But it would not be fair if China wins and they give MVP for Boskovic...I`m Boskovic`s biggest fan but I would think is unfair to take away Zhu`s MVP....just like I will be pissed if Serbia wins and Zhu wins MVP.

For me there MVP should go to the winning team China-Zhu, Serbia-Boskovic, Italy-egonu, NED-Sloetjes

• cross court game, where the Italians are almost unbeatable with De Gennaro.

We saw that in the previous game--will probably be key to the next one (among other things).

One of the reasons I don't like Zhu Ting is her temper toward her team mates, something I assume she picked up playing in Europe. To each their own. What I don't get about Zhu and 'bad sets' is that her style of not much run up, almost just standing there and jumping, allows her to hit wildly out of system balls with authority. A 'bad set' shouldn't be that much different than an out of system ball, but I'm sure it is, as it's closer to the block for one thing.

If China has their blocking shoes on tonight that may be more of a problem for Italy than whether Zhu scores 20, 30, or 40 points, depending on how many sets it goes.

• why not TUR to host the WCh, beri?

Probably bad attendance, bad organization, heavy heavy advantages for team TUR etc. 1000s of reasons tbh, our volleyball federation is really bad to me despite quite rich... They should first broadcast Turkish league matches and promote it, before they can go do bigger things, first master the basics. Even the NT doesn't get proper support imo, they don't deserve to host. Turkey these days also has a bad name in general so I'm sure FIVB wouldn't pick us anyways.

Maybe one day...

• We saw that in the previous game--will probably be key to the next one (among other things).

One of the reasons I don't like Zhu Ting is her temper toward her team mates, something I assume she picked up playing in Europe. To each their own. What I don't get about Zhu and 'bad sets' is that her style of not much run up, almost just standing there and jumping, allows her to hit wildly out of system balls with authority. A 'bad set' shouldn't be that much different than an out of system ball, but I'm sure it is, as it's closer to the block for one thing.

If China has their blocking shoes on tonight that may be more of a problem for Italy than whether Zhu scores 20, 30, or 40 points, depending on how many sets it goes.

Zhu supports her teammates the best and they respect her very much. Don't assume something just because of her serious game face. Zeng Chunlei always has the happy face on. Every player has their own approach to their game.

The only bad sets I can think of is setting the ball low to Zhu, which will be blocked by good blockers. She likes the balls high so she can hit over the blockers. Yao Di is the best at setting bad sets to Zhu so hopefully she does not have to play.

Zhu has been playing subpar thus far and she is mad at herself because of it. Most of it is adjusting to a fast tempo offense. We will see what happen tonight.

• Zhu supports her teammates the best and they respect her very much. Don't assume something just because of her serious game face. Zeng Chunlei always has the happy face on. Every player has their own approach to their game.

The only bad sets I can think of is setting the ball low to Zhu, which will be blocked by good blockers. She likes the balls high so she can hit over the blockers. Yao Di is the best at setting bad sets to Zhu so hopefully she does not have to play.

Zhu has been playing subpar thus far and she is mad at herself because of it. Most of it is adjusting to a fast tempo offense. We will see what happen tonight.

He/she kept repeating things like that, about Zhu being impolite, intimidating, bla bla bla. Obviously he/she has a preference for sweet and innocent females. What else would you expect:roll:

• We saw that in the previous game--will probably be key to the next one (among other things).

could you stop spreading the false facts? I’m like so over you, enlighten me what Zhu ‘s temper towards her teammates is? Everybody on her team loves her! Like, what on earth are you talking about? You’re ridiculous.

• Italy was really good host. Final match was sold out and it was between USA and China. And pool stage had crowd.

Germany hosting in 2013 Ech was really good. A lot of people watched even pool stage without Germany playing.

Ned was amazing but only for their team.

I guess it's because the Italian team was the hot favourite to win the SF against the Chinese team in the 2014 WCH. Moreover the host team already beat CHN in the earlier group match... so who might think the team could beat the host?

And as usual practice, the tickets were sold out much in advance... the home crowd did think their team would play in the final. So bought already, just enjoyed the match :whistle:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Zhu supports her teammates the best and they respect her very much. Don't assume something just because of her serious game face. Zeng Chunlei always has the happy face on. Every player has their own approach to their game.

Zhu is exhausted... She is the best receiver for China team and receives a lot of balls every game, and plays defense all over the places. I don't think China will win the trophy because semi-final and final will be played on back to back days, so even they win a tough game against Italy...

• Guys chill, it's his opinion and Zhu was also quite rude at VNL awarding ceremony if I remember correctly. I'm sure she's not meaning to but...

Also how can you be sooo over sitenoise lol he's always polite and never feeds or responds to drama whatsoever and never goes off-topic. But just like everyone else, he has his fave players and players he likes a bit less maybe... He is allowed to express that even if that is Zhu Ting

• The Italian team has the sufficient winning odds. But the Chinese team's records are not favouring the Italian team at all.

But as the word goes, the ball is round, and nothing is certain in sport, in a match between teams of more or less at the same level, so let's see soon :whistle:

Chinese team's own match records:

• The Chinese team has never lost in the Semifinal match at the World Championship
    • The Chinese team has never lost Twice to the same opponent in one tournament
    • In the 2014 edition, the host team also beat the Chinese team in the pool match, but it failed to do it again in the semifinals

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I think personally, Zhu is still very humble and very respectful to her teammates and when I felt she was slightly rude she probably did not realize it. She is the leader of Chinese NT now of which big things is expected, the pressure and expectations on her must be so much and she indeed seems like someone who tries to achieve as much as possible the time. Which is great, but I hope mentally she's not ending completely exhausted, drained. I mean everyone does expect her both in club and NT season to take all big prizes home along with the mvp award

• Chinese team's own match records:

• The Chinese team has never lost in the Semifinal match at the World Championship
    • The Chinese team has never lost Twice to the same opponent in one tournament
    • In the 2014 edition, the host team also beat the Chinese team in the pool match, but it failed to do it again in the semifinals

This is really not convincing statistically...for example, China lost to Italy in semi-final match at 2002 WCH. Also, we missed 2006 and 2010 semifinal so such tournaments do not count; about not losing twice to the same opponent in one tournament, sometimes you just don't have the chance to (like in world cup)...

Well, look forward to the match!

• Guys chill, it's his opinion and Zhu was also quite rude at VNL awarding ceremony if I remember correctly. I'm sure she's not meaning to but...

Here the definition of the word "rude" from a dictionary : "offensively impolite or ill-mannered."

If I remember well, Zhu was unemotional when she was receiving the award because she was disappointed the outcome of the tournament. But I didn't see any impoliteless or any ill-manner from her.

We don't need your drama and your distortions again.

• could you stop spreading the false facts? I’m like so over you, enlighten me what Zhu ‘s temper towards her teammates is? Everybody on her team loves her! Like, what on earth are you talking about? You’re ridiculous

see the last match CHN-JPN 2015 WC. She seemed to be angry with her team mate MB yang. but I think it's a natural thing showing her anger while fighting on the court.

• see the last match CHN-JPN 2015 WC. She seemed to be angry with her team mate MB yang. but I think it's a natural thing showing her anger while fighting on the court.

Anger is a natural emotion. Even Jesus, the son of "God", gets angry several times. If a player or a coach gets angry easily and very often, then yes... we can consider this player or this coach has a bad temper. So If those snowflakes or those drama queen don't like Zhu Ting's "temper", then they must hate at least 60% of volleyball players and coaches. But to be honest, I don't think they really hate Zhu Ting's "temper". They are more likely very bored of their miserable life and they need to write some provocative and distorted craps to get some attentions.