2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Hmm no. Best libero is clearly De Gennaro. Ni Yan is having a much better tournament than Yuan so second MB should go to her. I hope no awards to Japan, because USA would have to get one too

I don't think american players deserve any award.

Hmm no. Best libero is clearly De Gennaro. Ni Yan is having a much better tournament than Yuan so second MB should go to her. I hope no awards to Japan, because USA would have to get one too

Agree but they do it by numbers. And Kobata is better receiver than ‘moki

Japan have four receivers which is unfair to Gennaro who have more area to receive than Kobata.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Japan have four receivers which is unfair to Gennaro who have more area to receive than Kobata.

Agree. But numbers.

I also agree with the "whole package" theory. But every tournament people get surprised that they give these "awards" based on numbers.

• Robinson?? I'm sorry, she might have been playing her role as libero quite well under the given circumstances, but there is absolutely no comparison to Moky, Wang, Popovic and even Knip :white:

I think she did better than those you mentioned except De Gennaro.. Larson also did a great job for the USA, but the OHs from the other teams were much better, that's why I didn't mention her

And now that I check the stats, she's second best digger and receiver. Popovic is ahead of her digging, the Japanesse libero receiving

• FOR ME.... Egonu`s performance last night was the best performance I have ever seen in the history of volleyball...including men`s, women`s and beach.

Scoring 45 points against the best team in the world in a WCH semi-final is crazy. I`m not sure how can anyone top that... hopefully Egonu won`t score another 45 today...Rasic better be ready.

#TeamSerbia.

Italy deserves to win? Oh please, there`s no deserving in sports, it is not charity or a award show....Deserves the tittle whoever wins....U know I thin Thailand deserved to win as well ?(

IN MY OPINION Serbia is the better team, but stats does not win u anything, the best team is the one that actually wins......there`s nothing that Italy can do that Serbia can`t ...in fact these 2 teams are very similar. They rely on a strong dominant OPP Boskovic/Egonu - a strong OH#1 Mihajlovic-Sylla - Middles that can score and block but neither teams runs them a lot Rasi-Veljekovic-Chirincella-Danesi and amazing libero Genaro-Popovic, and OH#2 that can pass but can`t score Boseti-Busa....of course here you can`t compare Boseti to Busa and this could be crucial. But Serbia has a advantage when it comes to Maja-Malinov.

I can`t believe Serbia has reached Olympics and WCH final :woohoo::dance6:

I`m glad that Italy is finally and officially back....I feel bad for Zhu but Egonu showed us there`s a new Queen in town...but tomorrow Boskovic will show us who the true Queen is...

• As I wrote before saying that Busa certainly touched the ball more than Boskovic...and I was right.

Busa received 72 balls :white:... plus 10 spikes with 50% (5/10)

Boskovic got 56 sets.

Popovic received only 8 while Mihajlovic 0.

on the other side receptions Knip 16, Maret 35 and Anne 32.

Busa was AWESOME....there`s really not a lot of OH out there that can receive 72 balls in a game. :box:

• Betting quotes for the Final: slight advantage for Serbia, i.e. about 1.7 compared to about 2.15 for Italy. I'm not sure, if they were all aware of the difference in energy consumption (both physically and in their heads) today between Serbia (lower) and Italy (high), when they were making their bets...

• Again, I have to point out that the schedule is stupid. CHN-NED at 17:20 and the final at 19:40. Why not schedule the matches with enough time so they can say for sure when each one will start? Much better than delaying the final which is what will happen unless the bronze match is 3:0.

• Rasic is not behind Danesi in MB statistical race.Danesi is someway better blocker, but Rasic is also someway better scorer.Rasic was better then Danesi in third round duel and if Serbia wins tomorrow, with Rasic's good play, she clearly deserves individual award (Ni Yan probably will get award). If Italy wins, then we will see, depends on other possible individual awards for Italy/Serbia.Ognjenovic may not get award, even if Serbia wins.But a lot of options are on the table.

• De Gennaro deserves the best libero award, that is not EVEN competition. Their is not libero in world right now who control that balls so good from defence. Not only to dig attatck but She give that ball to setter that She can do whatever She wants. That is quailty.

She is not jumpg to dig attack she reads game so good that her body is on right position. That is why She control ball so good.

Setting etc. She is just amazing.

• Again, I have to point out that the schedule is stupid. CHN-NED at 17:20 and the final at 19:40. Why not schedule the matches with enough time so they can say for sure when each one will start? Much better than delaying the final which is what will happen unless the bronze match is 3:0.

I guess they just want to avoid a long empty moment between the matches...

• This is a great day for an Italian volley lover. It’s hard to describe guys, but it is so close to real happiness. Tomorrow it will be terribly hard. But our girls will surely fight to the end

• I guess they just want to avoid a long empty moment between the matches...

yes, I think the same and I do understand that point. I just think the players deserve to know when they will play. I don’t mean to make a big deal out of it because it probably doesn’t matter really but something like this would never happen at the FIFA World Cup for example.

• Did you find any links? I watched with only crowd sound, I need to hear some Brazilian excitements about Egonu xD