2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Congrats China for the bronze! I thought they were the favorite and I think they deserves to be on the podium (even if it would have been nice to have an European top 3), but I'm still disappointed by Ned. I expected a better fight, like in the first set.

• I think Morrisson made a fundamental mistake today: Balkestein needs to be always on court for NED! She's like Bosetti in some ways. Plak may have scored 8/14 but she gave at least the same amount of points to China by defense mistakes or hitting straight into the block several times. That being said, I think the general result would have been the same either way, but NED could have been more competitive.

• Congratulations to China for bronze medal. Two consecutive medals at WCH is not bad at all!

As for individual awards, Yan Ni is the best blocker of this tournament for me, both offensively and block-wise. She deserves an award. I also hope Zhu can get an OH award with Sylla, but Mihajlovic is also a strong contender.

• For Holland to have any chance against the absolute best teams like China they need Sloetjes to be at the top of her game and she wasn't today. It's a bit sad that they finish 4th again but they should be pleased with their efforts in this competition.

• Really really really bad game by the Netherlands. They could not mentally handle the loss of yesterday. Bad coaching by Morrison, why not try Bongaerts? I have to say, before the start of this tournament I thougt they couldn't make it to the final 4. I believe with de Kruijf and Daalderop they had a better chance. It's sad they always become forth or second. But again they proved that they belong to the top 5 of the world! Hopefully they will get a medal at the OG in 2020!

• Li Yingying will become second scorer next to Zhu, they need player like her, but She needs to learn how to recive. Their reception will be disaster with this two OHs...

Only if She become OPP in future even though She is very good in attack from zone 4.

• At the end the impression on many of us already after closing first round was confirmed: Serbia, Italy and China are the best three teams of this tournament and they are now finally determining in the last match, which one is on top. So the medals came not as surprise at all for observers paying attention to the WCh.

• some news said some club want to pay compensation for breach of contract about 20 million RMB for Zhu to vakifbank.but vakif refused.after next season, Zhu wont play overseas before 2020. I hope Zhu next season get more gold in vakif. she is hurt now

• I agree with all the comments above: china was superior in every aspect today, but NED didn't show all they could. Congratulations to China for the bronze. The orange girls could anyway feel satisfied, as they are fourth in a very competitive tournament.

• Congrats China with the win! Serbia - Italy is a tricky one, I don't know who to root for exactly... I have always supported Serbia in the big tours and probably will again but then Italy complete won me over yesterday ... May the best win!

• LETS GO ITALLLY !!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to watch magic by De Gennaro :heart::heart:

• I'm looking forward to the final. I can't decide who I'm cheering for. I hope for Ognjenovic that she wins the gold medal. :flower:I would like it if she plays more with the middles in this finale, because Serbia has the best middle blockers in the world.

Italy surprised me this tournament! No words for de Gennaro, world class! :obey:Also Egonu became more consistent. I just going to watch en hopefully we see a great final!