2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I think Maja should have won best setter and Danesi best middle... But I`m glad Rasic won best middles because she`s such a icon and she totally deserves it.

Also it was nice that Maja wanted Rasic to lift the trophy.

The Italians are so down...I feel bad...but they need to cheer it up a little....

Serbia GOLD and Boskovic MVP......all my dreams came true. :super:

• rasic must have some connection with fivb and cev. she always gets an award even when she doesnt deserve it. danesi should have been given best middle award. OTOH, Maja could have been given best setter, but i am okay with malinov though.

• The great thing about Italy is their gold championship window is still open for many years.

Serbia is probably near its ending with Maja so close to retiring even if you have Boskovic and Mihajlovic there, serbia is weaker without their legendary setter at helm. They probably wouldn't even make it out of the third round without her in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The great thing about Italy is their gold championship window is still open for many years.

Serbia is probably near its ending with Maja so close to retiring even if you have Boskovic and Mihajlovic there, serbia is weaker without their legendary setter at helm. They probably wouldn't even make it out of the third round without her in my opinion.

do you think she will be in Tokyo ? lol

• I really feel bad for one of the european team not making the olympics though.

It's going to be hell with Poland and Germany trying to break through the hegemony of the european powerhouses. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Does anyone knows if Milenkovic will be considered on the books a World Champion and be given a Gold Medal....or her name has been simply been ruled out as if she was never a member of the team?

heartbreaking watching Egonu,Sylla,Malinov all crying together,

• Congrats Serbia! I am a bit late! But congrats! The hidden hero has been Busa by far. Italian service wasnt able to break her as the dutches did yesterday.

But for me, the MVP of this match was Maja by far. She was the leading force from Serbia. Not only sets, also blocking, covering and from the service line. Just a word: experience :drink:

No words for Boskovic :super:

I think Mazzanti should have let Cambi more time on court. Her connection with the MBs is much better than Ofelia's one. Chirichella just had a nightmare game. Just 3 points in 5 sets :!:Why not try Lubian? Who also had a dangerous serve? I know Lubian is too young, but just try it. As Lang Ping did it with YingYing yesterday.

This was by far the worst match of Sylla. At least Bosetti stepped up when it really mattered, otherwise this match would have ended much earlier.

For the awards, I think it should have been Danesi for Rasic and Maja for Malinov.

EDIT: I forgot it. So after a drought of 7 years, an european team was able to grab a major tournment tittle. And it was the strongest european team :thumbup:

• Serbia makes a great breakthrough, especially Ognjenovic and Boskovic. How beautiful Ognjenovic looks today.

Italy can get even better each year. Egonu and Sylla cried.... They will only get more stronger from now on...

Most importantly, yesterday's loss and today's win make me love this China team more deeply! That's the magic of happiness + pain...

Your opinion is wrong.Maja will play in Olympics also, bt don't forget, Serbia with Zivkovic won European championship.With Milenkovic, Blagojevic and maybe someone else instead of Bjelica, Serbia will be much stronger in the next big competition.

I see a lot of bitterness and ruins here on forum because Serbia won.Well, get used to this.