2015 FIVB U23 World Championship - Ankara / Turkey - 8/12

• Turkey U-23 Team

S: Çağla Akın, Ezgi Dilik
    OPP: Hande Baladin, Melis Durul (also OH)
    OH: Şeyma Ercan, Meliha İsmailoğlu, Ezgi Dağdelenler
    M: Kübra Akman, Özgenur Yurtdagülen, Ceylan Arısan
    L: Gizem Örge, Dilara Bağcı

Actually there isnt any real OPP in the team. I would like to see Ceyda Aktaş. She played quite well in Çanakkale and I believe that she deserved a chance. The last chance for the girls to show if they are able to play in senior NT.

My choices for the starting team:
    Akın/Baladin, Akman/Yurtdagülen, Ercan/İsmailoğlu, Örge

• was Baladin playing as OH or Opp?

Or MB?

Gamze's absense is a scandal if she is not invited at all. Both Ezgi and Cagla did not play full season with their clubs and Cagla had a terrible performance in WGP. I asumme and hope that Gamze, herself had an excuse and could not participate in this tournament, otherwise I can't come up with a better explanation. I was even expecting to see her as 3rd setter in ECH this summer after Naz and Nilay. Hope Ferhat is more objective towards players than I expect.

• was Baladin playing as OH or Opp?

Actually her real positin is MB. She even has best blocker award in 2013 Youth ECH. She played OPP in Eczacıbaşı before going to Sarıyer, then OH in Sarıyer. However her receiving is very shaky so OPP is the best postion.

• Actually her real positin is MB. She even has best blocker award in 2013 Youth ECH. She played OPP in Eczacıbaşı before going to Sarıyer, then OH in Sarıyer. However her receiving is very shaky so OPP is the best postion.

yes i remember she was Mb on youth level..thx..
    i thought she played ass OPP in Sarıyer but as you said she was OH..

• could Melis Durul as Oh work better than Şeyma or Meliha as OH ? i have lost my trust in Meliha for a while...she has to prove herself again in this competition...Ezgi should do more at attacking than the last time she played
    maybe Şeyma-Melis as OH duo.......

Çağla-Hande
    Şeyma-Melis
    Kübra-Özgenur
    Gizem

• Or MB?

Gamze's absense is a scandal if she is not invited at all. Both Ezgi and Cagla did not play full season with their clubs and Cagla had a terrible performance in WGP. I asumme and hope that Gamze, herself had an excuse and could not participate in this tournament, otherwise I can't come up with a better explanation. I was even expecting to see her as 3rd setter in ECH this summer after Naz and Nilay. Hope Ferhat is more objective towards players than I expect.

Yes I agree.. I wrote about her before.. I think she can work as a sub better than Nilay

• Im still not 100% convinced about an U-23 Wch......most best players in this age are already in main NT, so they dont play the tournament, so dont know..it kind of puts a shadow over the tournament..not really that interesting to watch.

• Im still not 100% convinced about an U-23 Wch......most best players in this age are already in main NT, so they dont play the tournament, so dont know..it kind of puts a shadow over the tournament..not really that interesting to watch.

My thoughts exactly) I'm way more excited about U18 championships where all the best of this age are playing

• congrats to the girls!.. it was a crucial match to be in the first two...

Hande Baladin is a talented girl indeed ..she is close to turning 18 ..Akbaş should focus on her for the years to come..Hande's jump serves are also good...she just needs to work more on them to make less mistakes
    Akman made the difference with her contribution at crucial times..i liked Meliha too..her serves were also good..Meliha just needs matches and matches to imrove her game.
    Setter Çağla is still not in her best shape.
    Ezgi Dağdelenler and Şeyma ERcan should play better...i hope we can watch sometimes OH Melis Durul and other setter Dilik too..

i liked italian middle Danesi's game (Danetti?)..

• congrats to the girls!.. it was a crucial match to be in the first two...

Hande Baladin is a talented girl indeed ..she is close to turning 18 ..Akbaş should focus on her for the years to come..Hande's jump serves are also good...she just needs to work more on them to make less mistakes
    Akman made the difference with her contribution at crucial times..i liked Meliha too..her serves were also good..Meliha just needs matches and matches to imrove her game.
    Setter Çağla is still not in her best shape.
    Ezgi Dağdelenler and Şeyma ERcan should play better...i hope we can watch sometimes OH Melis Durul and other setter Dilik too..

i liked italian middle Danesi's game (Danetti?)..

It's Anna Danesi :) she played this year in Club Italia (where she will play also next year) and back then she played for Villa Cortese in B1 but was also called in the first squad.
    I think Italy has strong MBs in these last generations starting from Chirichella, Bonifacio, Danesi, Mabilo...

• FIVB Volleyball Women's U23 World Championship 2015
    http://u23.women.2015.volleyball.fivb.com/en

2015 FIVB Volleyball Women's U23 World Championship
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    2015 Women's U23 World Championship
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…7s_U23_World_Championship