2015 FIVB U23 World Championship - Ankara / Turkey - 8/12

• It's Anna Danesi :) she played this year in Club Italia (where she will play also next year) and back then she played for Villa Cortese in B1 but was also called in the first squad.
    I think Italy has strong MBs in these last generations starting from Chirichella, Bonifacio, Danesi, Mabilo...

i didnt watch those middles much but i think Danesi is a good blocker..Bonifacio is an athletic girl and can be good at attacking..

• good match by Turkey against Brazil...Kübra was thee mvp of the match..
    i only like Brazil's Gabi...others were not good.especially opps were weak..

Brazil played so bad today.. was an awful game for brazilians fans... Kubra and Meliha surprised me... Kubra was not in such high level against Italy.. besides.. I can not understand why Brazil serves on Gizem Orge.. She is the best receiver so far...
    Well, I hope that Brazil wake up and start to play volleyball.. it's a good team..
    The Coach take it 3 OPPs for this competition and none was OK...
    Naiane it's a better setter than Juma..so far...
    An ashamed game for Brasil... so many bads results on juniors competitions...
    Today, Turkish team just crushed the Brazilian Girls.
    Seems that Turkish likes to play against Brazil :| :|

• the reception was pretty good and this made Çağla use Kübra more with good sets...Çağla was better today ,plus reception was much better and Italian middle Danesi was good at blocking Brazil middles were not good...that also helped Kübra..

• Dominican Republic got an easy win against defending champion China 3x0 ( 25-19 25-19 25-18 )

The Dominican Team lost the final with China on the previous edition of this championship

Here the video for today's game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xlNS4pdqbQ&feature=youtu.be

• Liu Yanhan (OH) and Zhang Xiaoya (MB) was with China U23 in last edition, and China easily won the champion by 3-0 over DR.
    now the both are preparing WC with China NT.
    China U23 is lacking of power in attacking in this edition, who is not the favourite, but deserves in Top 4. :dance6:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• it was good playing such a tough match for the rest of the tournament...Bulgarian girls had a good match..their serves,blocks and defence were good....especially Gergena D and M. Todorova's serves were pretty tough to receive..

Akbaş shouldnt forget using the bench players...Melis Durul played a short while but helped the team..she should have entered the court too earlier than that..

setter Çağla is having timing problem with opp Hande Baladın..she cant simply give Hande the balls she wants...Hande had to tip half the balls...but Çağla and Ezgi lost the control of the game in some periods...they should play better ..setter Çağla should be a starter in a team anymore to be better..otherwise she will stay where she is now..

• Very pity that bulgarian girls doesn't suceed to catch this big chanse. Now i expect someone from the federation to take the responsibility because Nesic decide to sacrifice Grand Prix for make a preparation for girls for this U23 championship and now we see what we always expected with our looser's menatality.

• Dominican Republic got another victory to win its group, defeating Thailand 3x0 (25-22 25-21 25-13).

The Dominican team now will face the team that places second in the other group.

• I watched TUR-COL and I really (and I mean REALLY) liked Colombian setter, but unfortunately her attackers were not up to her level, they couldn't even hit into the court without a block :S

I also liked Cagla's game a lot, especially the shorter sets to the outside between position 3 and 4, they worked really well in all matches because blockers always slept.

• I watched TUR-COL and I really (and I mean REALLY) liked Colombian setter, but unfortunately her attackers were not up to her level, they couldn't even hit into the court without a block :S

I also liked Cagla's game a lot, especially the shorter sets to the outside between position 3 and 4, they worked really well in all matches because blockers always slept.

I agree about Colombian setter but not about Cagla. She is still very inconsistent, I liked that she is getting more creative though. She used to have very precise but slow sets now she is obviously trying something else and failing. Some of her sets to slides were terribly off.

• Dominican Republic vs Brazil and Turkey vs Japan are the semifinals :thumbsup:

i also like those sets to Meliha İsmailoğlu and Meliha has spiked them in a very good way so far...i think one of the best sets prepared for a spiker in this tournament..nice to watch..Meliha has been playing better in this tournament after her bad performances in the last tournaments.. i hope she keeps playing well..

• Dominican Republic vs Brazil and Turkey vs Japan are the semifinals :thumbsup:

hard matches are to play...Japan is always a tough opponent : fast offence and very good defence (though i didnt watch this Japan U23 team)...DR has a good offence and tall players..Brazil has been playing better now..

• i also like those sets to Meliha İsmailoğlu and Meliha has spiked them in a very good way so far...i think one of the best sets prepared for a spiker in this tournament..nice to watch..Meliha has been playing better in this tournament after her bad performances in the last tournaments.. i hope she keeps playing well..

I guess Meliha learned something from Kim-Elif.. they did that a lot

• Brazil won the Dominican Republic 3-2 (25-19 21-25 25-15 22-25 9-15) Rosamaria top scorer of Brazil with 27 points (8 blocks :white:)

Brazil did not make a good game, not nearly, but the problems of the Dominican team always appear in the decisive moments, Martinez Peña and wasting a lot of attacks in tie break, reception erros, they complicated themselves with their own mistakes.

TUR vs JPN now :thumbsup: