2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• japanese players had the hair cut in the same barber's i think
    and the light over the court is not enough, all players faces look in shade. i am not sure if this will affect the players to observe the balls during serving and playing.
    Japan did a good job at serving and the quick connections works.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Why can't Saori Kimura ever play this well outside of her home country? Quite mysterious. Russian blocking is not working at all :aww:

• Saori is stunning today! She has cut her hair and she is playing like in 2010.

• Lyubushkina is hopeless...

Not just her, nobody on Russian side blocks well individually but worst of all they don't block well as a team, they're badly positioned with big holes between the blockers and bad timing.

Serbia's "decision" to skip WGP final round turns out to be a good one. Russia who played fairly well in WGP finals now lacks the energy they had back then, and it's just the 2nd of 11 matches :S

• What? GP does not mean anything for them right now...World Cup means so much more...they want the gold at the Olympics. That's what they are fighting for in the last 8 years

• Kosianenko is definitely worn out, in general she's a really good digger and moves very fast in defense but today she doesn't even have enough energy to set.

• As expected, Mihajlovic played so well and Robinson should be starting 6 of US. Interestingly Japan makes trouble of Russia now. Things go well as Japan plans for Asian teams :lol:

• Not just her, nobody on Russian side blocks well individually but worst of all they don't block well as a team, they're badly positioned with big holes between the blockers and bad timing.

Serbia's "decision" to skip WGP final round turns out to be a good one. Russia who played fairly well in WGP finals now lacks the energy they had back then, and it's just the 2nd of 11 matches :S

So seems to be the Chinese decision to not sending their A team to the WGP Final Round.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• What? GP does not mean anything for them right now...World Cup means so much more...they want the gold at the Olympics. That's what they are fighting for in the last 8 years

Of course it's their main goal, but maybe they will have other chances to qualify.