2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Argentina and Peru qualify from South America

• NORCECA tournament is also proof that both Ocasio sisters didn't retire from NT - both are in Puerto Rican team ^^
    Puerto Rico can grab 2nd spot in WC because Canada seems to be the weakest team here and I don't think that Cuba can with Dominican Republic :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Cuba and Peru return to WC after missing 2011 edition.
    Puerto Rico' players are complaining about how Dominican Republic lost the last game.

• wow. happy for the young cubans but so sad for PR. i really think PR is the 3rd best team in NORCECA.

what was the DR roster? same as in montreux??? and PR and CUB????

now, what would colombia be like if madelaynne montano would play for them? and whatever happened to kenni moreno?

• Here the stats from CUB x DOM - http://www.norceca.net/2015%20…0match%206_%20CUB-DOM.pdf

You can find all the stats and the teams here - http://www.norceca.net/2015%20…r%20Women%20Final%204.htm

• It seems that Puerto Ricans are extremely upset with the decision of the coach of Dominican Republic to include the bench players and not only that, but to change positions of the players (like opposite players playing as middle blockers and viceversa) once they won the first set of their game against Cuba that granted their place in the World Cup 2015.

At the end, Cuba took advantage of DR decision (clearly against the fair play) and obtained an unlikely victory against Dominicans that earned them the second place and the ticket to Japan.

Puerto Rico's Manager is seeking a sanction to Marcos Kwiek, coach of DR.

Here is the news from Puerto Rico:

http://translate.google.ca/tra…cuba-2057714/&prev=search

• omfg, is that true? if so, that's absolutely disgraceful, shameless… kwiek should be banned for life. w hy would DOM Rep want to favor CUB over PR? did they pay them off?

which OPP did kwiek put at middle blocker? martinez or mambru???????

has PR ever been to the World cup?

• But is puerto rico even competitive anyways?

2 NORCECA teams NOT USA, 2 CSV teams NOT Brazil, 2 AFRICAN teams... it just shows how non-competitive this tournament is. Way to water down competition, FIVB.

2 NORCECA teams NOT USA, 2 CSV teams NOT Brazil, 2 AFRICAN teams... it just shows how non-competitive this tournament is. Way to water down competition, FIVB.

In fact, there will be 7 teams -I guess Dominican Republic is a force to be reckoned with- that will try to get one of the available 2 tickets to Rio.
    Argentina, Peru, Cuba, and the two African teams will compete just to avoid ending up in the last place.

• Why Kwiek should be punished? Bernardo Rezende already put a OPP as setter in a World Champioship match :wavy:

Well, not exactly the same situation....he didnt had a setter to play....plus the result didnt eliminate anyone.

Not that I think that Kwiek should be punished.....even if he did that delibarated, well, Its a matter of fair play......an ethic, not rally something te rules can aford to punish I guess,

PR is certainly better than CUB, they beat them 3-1. last year, PR beat GER and POL, i think… they could have been the spoiler of the WC like DOM were 4 years ago.

what, did FIVB prohibit BRA and USA from WC?????

• PR is certainly better than CUB, they beat them 3-1. last year, PR beat GER and POL, i think… they could have been the spoiler of the WC like DOM were 4 years ago.

what, did FIVB prohibit BRA and USA from WC?????

USa is World Champion, so they dont enter in a NORCECA ticket, but as World Champions. Brasil can't play cause we are already qualified for the Olympics as host.