2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• In some crucial matches before........
    Sometimes when this forum predicts FOR Russia they lose (eg.Rus-Bra OG 2012)
    but when we predict against Russia they win hahaha

Meaning a negative outlook works well for RUS yet a positive one works against! What a jinx lol :rolleyes:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• USA is out, no shot at winning this tournament, BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!

• Fetisova 7 blocks!!!! Was her injured before because she didn't really play in the grand prix and the previous wc matches?

As far as I know she only had a small injury that wasn't disturbing her quite much, she was rested simply because of Marichev's insistence on Orlova.

• Woke up about midway through 2nd set. 2nd and 3rd sets were winnable for the USA and they just couldn't get a dig or a block to get a gap. There were a couple of free ball chances in extra points in the 2nd set that just went the wrong way due to a bad pass, glass having to tip a pass instead of setting, or a bad set by glass getting blocked. Let alone a foot fault serve late in the 2nd set.

USA had too many errors today. And the result shows it. The margins for error against to top teams are small, but too many of those errors and you lose in straight sets.

FIVB needs to enable the challenge system to look at 4 hits and no touch on the block.
    Does anyone realize that Karch got two yellow cards? Are not two yellow cards a Red, which Russia would not have needed to serve in the 3rd set at the end? Could you have imagined Bob Samuelson all over again if the USA won in 5 against Russia!

USA needs China to win tomorrow, Japan to beat China in the final match of the tournament and win out to have a 4way tie at 9-2. Even then if any of those matches go 5 sets, it makes it complicated.
    Serbia must win out to ensure 10-1.

Time to go back to sleep. Tomorrow is going to determine who goes to Rio.should be fun to watch.

• With this russian Victory, if serbia win their last 2 matchs (against weaker opponment) they will be qualified since they will have only one defeat. Russia and china will meet tomorrow and one of them will have 2 defeat...
    Correct..???

It's all complicated, but one thing for sure, If Russia beats China tomorrow, the two european teams will qualify.

• This must be God's divine justice.. :obey:

Thanks Russia!!!

Im so happy Serbia has in their hands their qualification now.... I just hope they dont blow it..hehehehehehe Ajde!

It was very tense game and I think USA youngers felt that. Maily Lowe and Hill...which is understandable....its the risk when you bet young players...but I think Glass made very poor choices in some moments....

anyway, Russia did incredibly....Fetisova was on fire! And Shcherban also did her part, maily in first and third sets. Congrats Russia, I hope you win tomorrow too! ^^

• For me the best player was Scherban who received most of balls and was effective.

USA lost to both Russia and Serbia, and yesterday everyone was so sure european teams are only on mid level. And now there is 50% chance they take both places from WC. Serbia is almost sure.

• I have a feeling that Karsta Lowe plays much better with Moly Kreklow as setter. This is the only explanation coming to my mind thinking of the big drop in her performance.

A big big applaud to Scherban! Passing with only two players in the entire game and passing most balls, she still has %50 efficiency. Really well done! Besides she is the 2nd most efficient scorer of her team. :super:

• Haven't watched the match, but looking at the stats, it seems Goncharova played below her level attacking wise 12/32 spike efficiency.. I hope tomorrow's match against China, we get to see both Kosh and Gonch on fire :box: Also, what a big game by Fetisova! She has always been good in blocking, all she needs is to improve her attack and Russia may not miss Iulia Morozova in the future.

• Does the NORCECA tournament (that starts at the end of the month) give the Olympic pass or it has nothing to do with the qualification process?

The Norceca Championship, which starts at the end of the month in Mexico, doesnt give a ticket to the Olympics. However, the top 4 teams who havent yet qualified to Rio will automatically qualify to Norceca Olympic qualifier, which will be held next year. The date wasnt published yet, I guess, but probably it will be in january.

If USA doesnt qualify to Rio via World Cup, they will easily win the Norcea Qualifier. Nevertheless, it is a funny situation because the team which ends 3rd has more chances to go to the Olympics. The 2nd ranked team plays agaisnt the best 2 european teams, Japan, Korea, Thailand and so on, while the 3rd, in another tournment, against 3rd CSV team, two africans and so on. The same happens in Southamerica.

Thanks FIVB :whistle:

• With this russian Victory, if serbia win their last 2 matchs (against weaker opponment) they will be qualified since they will have only one defeat. Russia and china will meet tomorrow and one of them will have 2 defeat...
    Correct..???

Looks like that! Because already now, USA has more points than Serbia but ranked under it.
    http://worldcup.2015.women.fiv…ls%20and%20ranking/round1

I'm really happy for Serbia! Hope Russia will beat China tomorrow! :super:

• oh my! i confused the hour of the match....any link to re watch the usa--rus match ?

congrats to russia..good job..i didnt expect a 3-0 win :thumbup:

now hope they wont lose to china

it will be unbelivable if two european teams qualify from here :lol:

so the winner of russia-china match is going to win the tournament,right?