2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• USA played a friendly match with Ageo Medics, no detailed info about the match but apparently Alisha Glass played as Kreklow's back-up.

In the meanwhile Russia also had a match against JT Marvelous and got defeated by 2-3 8| But well, just a friendly match, nothing more.

USA played a friendly match with Ageo Medics, no detailed info about the match but apparently Alisha Glass played as Kreklow's back-up.

I saw some videos and to me it look like Alisha was first setter, cuz the starting players were on court.. Of course everyone got a chance to play. I think we might see Robinson instead of Hill

• Oh, I see now. Final positions in that tournament: Argentina 3rd, Colombia 8th :rolll: But sureeeee one odd match in a crappy B class tournament -which Colombia lost- means they are favorite now :lol:

So now peruvians gave up on their team and cheer for Colombia to beat Argentina? that's a new thing :roll:

What are you talking about?
    Cheering Colombia? :aww:
    Never mind. Keep trying to change the date of COQT, maybe you can ensure Montano will not participate, that's your main fear. :whistling:

• Never mind. Keep trying to change the date of COQT, maybe you can ensure Montano will not participate, that's your main fear. :whistling:

Actually it's because of Peru. Most of our players are in Europe, so it would be more complicated for us to assemble the team in January than for Peru, who has most of it's players in south america.

• Yesterday, Japan won the friendly match against USA 3-1. :D

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Yesterday, Japan won the friendly match against USA 3-1. :D

Good for them, but friendly matches aren't so reliable. If they'll win one set against USA on the World Cup I'll be quite surprised :win:

• Top-4 : CHN USA RUS SRB

Lesser teams: JPN DOM KOR ARG PER CUB

Great losers: KEN ALG

Interestingly, this will be China's first World Cup after Lang Ping's return as head coach of China's women's team in 2013.
    Their record of Three Gold, One Silver and Two Bronze means they have won more World Cup medals than any other country. <Wow!>
    More at FIVB World Cup - China team profile

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: addition ().

• KOR top5? :D

it's funny, that was my reaction too. on the other hand, you never know in this tournament… maybe KYK will carry the whole team on her back as in london.

also, who knows how SRB will play? they lost the last spot in the WGP finals to JPN, right?

right now, i think there's only 3 teams at the hghtest level these days: USA, CHN and BRA, and one of them is not here.

• also, who knows how SRB will play? they lost the last spot in the WGP finals to JPN, right?

Keep in mind that they wanted it this way, They surely would have qualified to final round if they had wanted to, but they decided to play the last match with the substitutes and play real bad. Serbia with full force can surely be a top 4 team in World Cup, but I guess the main question will be who will come 2nd to USA, will it be China or Russia?

• Some surprises in weaker teams:
    Dominicans without De La Cruz and they took only 12 players, Candida Arias is also out...

Peru with such weirtd roster :what: only 11 players, including 3 only 16-17-year-olds :!: where are Angela Leyva, Maguialura Frias and Maria Acosta ?( Vanessa Palacios is also missing, I thought she's back...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game