2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• lol no Argentina still destroyed Colombia last time Montaño played. In fact, it will make things easier for ARG since they will know 95% of the balls go to her and Argentina, unlike Peru, has tall enough players to block her.

I mean, Colombia can win, but there is no reason to believe they are favorites. I think they will be 2nd though, and Peru 3rd (which is good for Peru since that will send them to the easier world qualifier).

That game was two years ago!
    Last match without Montano

Argentina 3-2 Colombia

Imagine WITH Montano.

• We have clear favourites for this tournament and I hope that european teams will make it to the WC :D

Checking rosters and guessing line-ups I agree with You Emil :wavy:

About China - roster is a mystery: Hui is out, Wei is probably not ready yet... they can try Zhang, Zhu, Zeng as WS, but it's high risk on reception :!:

My guess:
    Jingsi Shen - Chunlei Zeng (can help in terms of passing)
    Ting Zhu - Changning Zhang
    Junjing Yang - Xinyue Yuan
    Lin Li

I wonder which players will Dominican Republic, Argentina, Cuba and Peru take, though all will fight for 7th place probably...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I believe JPN and DOM are the most important teams in the tournament. Of course neither of them will qualify but they're the only ones that can cause an upset to the top teams, and for the top teams that want to qualify the pressure in the matches against JPN and DOM will be very high because they can't afford losing points there.

• That game was two years ago!
    Last match without Montano

Argentina 3-2 Colombia

Imagine WITH Montano.

oh yeah, I'm trembling in fear.

That tournament wasn't important, Argentina also made a bad match with Peru. You'll witness reality soon :kiss:

EDIT: I checked the result and last match this year with Colombia (World Cup qualification) ended 3-0 for Argentina (-11, -18, -22) :rolll: what match are you talking about? I think you got confused with ARG-PER.

• Panamerican Cup 2015

Colombia 2-3 Argentina

25–20, 19–25, 25–20, 18–25, 12–15

http://www.norceca.net/2015%20…match%2016_%20COL-ARG.pdf

Opp. error

Colombia 36
    Argentina 19

That was a bad match for Colombia.

Anyway, Argentina tried to organize COQT this year, but CSV and FIVB said "No!". Pity. Next year is for sure.

• i also hope two european teams or one of them at least to qualify so that our chance in ankara or in the last tournament to be higher.. :D

Me to ..and that can be Russia :D

• i don't know how well zhang can pass, but if she's not doing too well, CHN still has liu yanhan… it's scary how young some of the chinese players are, and it does look good for the future.

and yes, montano at the olympics would be great!!!!

• I don't know but FIVB should think this through and make good conclusion, especially with Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Croatia and Azerbijan all being in Europe.

ok, let's not get carried away. it's true that this WC is a bit watered down with only 2 euro teams, but it's not like CRO, BEL, NED, AZE, GER, BUL are even candidates for the olympics… last time, POL didn't even qualify.

• More European Teams have to be on World Cup and Olympics !!! Algeria, Argentina, Cuba, Kenya and Peru are to weak for this competions :!: :thumbdown:

• in europe right now, i think only RUS, ITA, SRB and TUR should be in the olympics. POL used to be good but right now, not so good… all the others are B level or C…

i for one would not be upset if PUR qualifies for the olympics… but you're right, more euro teams should have the chance to qualify for the oly. the last intercontinental tournament is pathetic.

and 2 african teams in the WC is a bit too many.

• in europe right now, i think only RUS, ITA, SRB and TUR should be in the olympics. POL used to be good but right now, not so good… all the others are B level or C…

i for one would not be upset if PUR qualifies for the olympics… but you're right, more euro teams should have the chance to qualify for the oly. the last intercontinental tournament is pathetic.

and 2 african teams in the WC is a bit too many.

I agree with all you say. Russia, Serbia, Italy and Turkey are the only essential teams, other teams would be nice, but I won't die if Germany, Netherlands, etc don't qualify.

The main problem for me is the intercontinental tournament... it is really random and unnecesary, I can understand they want more diversity at the olympics and for that they excluded Europe but why also exclude Asia from it??? Asian teams have only one chance to qualify!

An additional problem is that it will cause some teams to lose on purpose for example in NORCECA or CSV it will be more convenient to be 3rd than to be 2nd...

• I don't agree with you, on WCH more European Teams showed that they can fight against stronge teams !

• More European Teams have to be on World Cup and Olympics !!! Algeria, Argentina, Cuba, Kenya and Peru are to weak for this competions :!: :thumbdown:

What I have always thought is that, since participating to the World Cup is like a reward because is one more chance to qualify besides the continental tournaments, the participation should be reserved to the top 12 teams in the FIVB ranking. It would be just fair and in this way we would have a great show.
    The participation of teams from every continent for "par condicio" in this case has no reason to exist: every continent has already an Olympic spot guaranteed and, anyway, it is just impossible for a team outside the first 12 in the world to be 1st or 2nd at the World Cup. Clearly there are other interests besides the sportive ones, that guided FIVB towards the direction they took...

• I don't agree with you, on WCH more European Teams showed that they can fight against stronge teams !

you're right that there should be more euro teams at this WCup but i don't know that -- besides the top 4 i mentioned -- the other teams will be missed at the olympics. and yes, more euro teams should be able to fight for olympic qualifying. part of the problem that this WCup is so weak is that BRA is not going, so it opened up for 2 south american teams, and also FIVB wanting 2 teams from africa.

but remember, at the WCh, only 2 euro teams made it to the last 6.

• yes, totally. why shouldn't THA play at the intercontinental tourn. for example? they are definitely better than the 2nd/3rd teams of s. america or NORCECA.

• USA played a friendly match with Ageo Medics, no detailed info about the match but apparently Alisha Glass played as Kreklow's back-up.

In the meanwhile Russia also had a match against JT Marvelous and got defeated by 2-3 8| But well, just a friendly match, nothing more.

• If China cannot qualify through WC, will there be one Asian team which cannot participate in World OQT? Anyway IMO too many american teams since Cuba is no longer top team.

• ok, let's not get carried away. it's true that this WC is a bit watered down with only 2 euro teams, but it's not like CRO, BEL, NED, AZE, GER, BUL are even candidates for the olympics… last time, POL didn't even qualify.

in europe right now, i think only RUS, ITA, SRB and TUR should be in the olympics. POL used to be good but right now, not so good… all the others are B level or C…

I agree with all you say. Russia, Serbia, Italy and Turkey are the only essential teams, other teams would be nice, but I won't die if Germany, Netherlands, etc don't qualify.

I didn't mean that all these european team should play Olympics, I just wanted to say how hard is to qualify from Europe. For example Poland was in the final of qualification tournament 2 last times- in 2008 and 2012. Just to get to that final they had to beat Nederlands, Serbia, Russia and Germany in 2012 (so the World Champion and Europe Champion...) and Serbia, Germany, Turkey and Nederlands in 2008 while for exapmle in South America apart from Brazil there are only weak teams and they get an easy way to advance.

• USA played a friendly match with Ageo Medics, no detailed info about the match but apparently Alisha Glass played as Kreklow's back-up.

In the meanwhile Russia also had a match against JT Marvelous and got defeated by 2-3 8| But well, just a friendly match, nothing more.

it is actually a bit embarrasing. JT Marvelous should be anything, but not prepared yet... Russian NT are emabrassing as in the last WGP Game vs Belgium