2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Natsumi Fujita from Toyota Auto Body Queenseis. She played MVM 2014 and MVM 2015. She is short, a bit too skinny, but very fast.

Grazie :drink: Yeah, that's her. Very good sets, but also cute :P I hoped to see her along with Koto, but eventually she was cut and Miyashita is back :D

• do you know if Japanese coach doesnt choose tall japanese players or he cant find tall ones in the country ?

new japanese players like Kogaand the others are good players but all of them are the same style players...Japan needs different kind of players like tall ones maybe etc..all the japenese are technically are good but the same style players

Ebata is the only one a bit different and more physical. What a pity she is injured. On the other side I'd rather having Shinnabe with the team, her back row skills are amazing.

• Some japanese user said that Iwasaka had refused Manabe's invitation, I don't know about Araki's absent though, they could have been very helpful at least in blocking I think.

Totally agree about Koto, she's not at all young anymore, but somehow I hope she makes it to the olympics next year. I really liked another japanese setter, don't remember her name, she played in Montreux cup. Japan is sort of gifted when it comes to setters, but their lack of height hurts them...

Natsumi Fujita from Toyota Auto Body Queenseis. She played MVM 2014 and MVM 2015. She is short, a bit too skinny, but very fast.

Fujita is exceptionally good and very fast, and is IMO much better than Miyashita in terms of setting.

Manabe called her for Montreux for 3 consecutive years, but each previous year she was placed after Nakamichi and Miyashita. This year i thought she'd have a chance as Nakamichi is gone and she did amazing in Montreux (before Ebata's injury in the 3rd set the commentator said Fujita will be the MVP if Japan wins).

BUT Manabe gave her up once again ... If I were Fujita if Manabe calls me again next year I would turn him down just like Iwasaka did. :wall:

• both Ebata and Shinnabe are good and still short players

They both are short but completely different. Ebata jumps high, has a very unique arm swing and is way more physical than Shinnabe. The second one is more like a stable player, good reception and attacks better with fast sets.

• And now Terzic's screw-up from the second set against China is even more obvious and painful. Without it Serbia's chances would be looking extremely good now, this way it's still a big mountain to climb.
    It's possible though, but they'll need to get over the ridiculous Russia-complex they have.

• Anyone watched Korea's matches? While KYK has been really struggling, Lee Jae Yeong has been very promising - her style is like a Japanese player (great jump and great use of waist).

KOR could have been a major force had they prepared for this World Cup adequately (they proved it in the 2012 Olympics what they are capable of - winning against Brazil, Italy and Serbia and eventually making it to the Semis). BUT their volleyball association is really stupid and decided to quit the WGP and only gave the national team 3 weeks to prepare for this World Cup ...

Hope they can find their form and play well against China, Serbia, Russia and Japan afterwards :rose:

• Does anyone know why Japan kept serving on Malova? I don't think she was that horrible, well, technically she was struggling in the 1st set but after a while her reception had gotten much better. It was so weird because even Scherban didn't pass almost at all.

• Does Russia play Serbia before US/China? If so, that would be the next important match after US vs CHN..

• Does anyone know why Japan kept serving on Malova? I don't think she was that horrible, well, technically she was struggling in the 1st set but after a while her reception had gotten much better. It was so weird because even Scherban didn't pass almost at all.

weird, but Kosheleva and Obmo are both non receiving. That leaves scherban and malova to receive. Not sure why they keep on serving malova though.

• Does Russia play Serbia before US/China? If so, that would be the next important match after US vs CHN..

Yeah they will, hopefully they recharge at least for a little bit for the rest 3-4 matches, although Korea is not an easy opponent to beat, tomorrow they will face Kenya.

• Kosheleva 34 points, Obmochaeva 22, Scherban 13, the rest were cheerleaders. Russia did 150 attacks today and only 7 :!: came from the MBs, and the only successful MB attack was Lyubushkina on a Japanese overpass, I remember that one...this looks like Marichev gave the order to use only the wing hitters and win the match with height and power, but I don't think this was a good tactics :S

• Can anyone share a link where I can watch a replay of USAxSRB match? Thanks!

• 2015 World Cup - Day 2

Kenya 0 x 3 Dominican Republic (26 - 28, 24 - 26, 17 - 25)
    Best scorer: Mambru (DOM), 17 points
    Best player: Mambru (DOM)
    Video, Stats

Korea 3 x 0 Peru (25 - 19, 25 - 18 , 25 - 18 )
    Best scorer: Hyo-Jin Yang (KOR), 14 points
    Best player: Lee Jaeyeong (KOR)
    Video, Stats

Argentina 3 x 0 Cuba (25 - 15, 25 - 21, 25 - 23)
    Best scorer: Sosa (ARG), 17 points
    Best player: Sosa (ARG)
    Video, Stats

China 3 x 0 Algeria (25 - 5, 25 - 11, 25 - 8 )
    Best scorer: Zeng (CHN), 12 points
    Best player: Liu Yanhan (CHN)
    Video, Stats

Serbia 3 x 2 USA (25 - 20, 22 - 25, 18 - 25, 25 - 19, 15 - 6)
    Best scorer: Bošković (SRB), 23 points
    Best player: Mihajlovic (SRB)
    Video, Stats

Japan 2 x 3 Russia (25 - 12, 18 - 25, 21 - 25, 25 - 23, 13 - 15)
    Best scorer: Kosheleva (RUS), 34 points
    Video, Stats

• Someone said that the first criteria is number of victories, but I don't think it is, based on this link

http://worldcup.2015.women.fiv…ition/poolrankingcriteria

Well the link exactly confirms it!!!

1. Number of victories

In case of equality of ranking points gained by two or more teams, they will be classified in descending order by the number of matches won.

Although the way they write it here is indeed a bit strange. But it clearly says number of victories is the first criteria and only when this is the same the points will count.

• Kenya 0 x 3 Dominican Republic (26 - 28, 24 - 26, 17 - 25)

Wait... what? DR almost lost two sets? The caribbean queens -who has been playing long time together cannot win in that way.
    Or is it Kenya getting better and better after win pool 3 of GP?